G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How many of you are 18 and younger?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the topic at hand. I'm 20 and i have 18,500 saved up for the car from my pervious car that was totalled. I'm going to wait 1 more year and put down whatever i make in that year plus the 18,500. If the math is right, i should have at least 28,000 down payment on the G35, and then make a 2-year plan to pay it off. I work partime, go to school, pay for my insurance, and gas.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am 20, 21 this month and got the car in May...My G was a gift from my Dad, I didnt pay for anything. Do I deserve it, FU$K NO! Do I appreciate it and remind myself that I shouldent event have a bicycle let alone an infiniti..YES!...all the time.

I want my next car (maybe 5-10 yrs, unless I turbo the G) to be a 996 Turbo that I buy with my own cash, thats the plan!

Old 03-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by G35miked
i deliver pizzas $6/hr. plus tips, amke bagels $9/hr, the olny downside is i don't pay any taxes therefore i show no income when on any sort of credit chekc or anythign like that, but i al also very, very good at saving money, no girlfriend, no partying/going to clubs, no new clothes, no mods for my car, eat all my meals at work for free, never take a single day off work to relax, never go to the mall/movies, haven't been able to go on vacationg sicne i started working 5 years ago. vacations and days off work are a big waste of money, not only do you lose money from not working , you are also losing money becuase you are spending it, a vacation may cost you $1000, but you will lose $500 from not working, therefor your net cost off the vacation was $1500. i have realized it is so easy to save money when the only places you go are your hosue and your jobs.
my friend, if you took that same mentality and applied it in a different industry you'd have more money than you knew what to do with. Don't get me wrong, you're obviously doing well delivering pizzas, and theres nothing wrong with that. But understand you're not making $1000/week because delivery pizza's just pays that good, you make that because of your attitude and work ethic, and thats admirable. Have you considered commissioned sales? If not look into it...the entire sales industry is plagued with soft and lazy people making six figures... the income potential for someone like you would be obscene. On a different note, be careful not to get burnt out... you still have good half century of work a head of you....or not... maybe you know exactly what you're doing and will be snickering at the rest of us when you retire at 30!

Old 03-02-2005, 02:16 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
hmmm well wait until you guys have a long time girlfriend. Man, your wallet will be running so thin, you will be counting down the days until payday. I love my gf and all, but i wish she wasnt so damn expensive. Saving money is just out of the question with her

i have learned my lesson, and if i break up with my gf, its the single life for me

Old 03-02-2005, 02:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Omar: you wanted to know how i could afford all the mods i have. i've done alot of tutoring in the past year or two, but of course thats not all. i was also making 100 or so a month from saved lunch money , so that got me my ztube/pc and all the little things. buuut it's what you just mentioned that helped me afford my wheels . try not to take me too seriously, im messing with your mind. if shes right for you, then money should be the least important of things

Old 03-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
man, your rims musta cost you at least 3 g's. There is no way lunch money coulda paid for that lol. damn, you guys have inspired me to save money haha

Old 03-02-2005, 02:52 AM
yawn.. im 17.. kyosho is kewl.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this thread makes me sick...props to all those that have to work and get what they want! it feels so much better when you actually deserve something and then along comes these little rich kids and its like badow! ohh i just got this cuase im someones son..lol wtf!

Old 03-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
theres more to it than that. There is no doubt that it would feel much more rewarding to have bought the car with your own money, but dont get me wrong, i am extremely grateful for the car. Its hard to believe i actually get to drive this car everyday. I do not take it for granted and I know it was out of the good graces of my parents and in turn, I am doing everything I can to make it up to my parents- by continuing my education and voluntarily working to pay for everything i can afford so they dont have to. I would love to be able to pay for my car, but i simply cant.

I understand your frustration when you have to bust you a$$ to get this car and then my parents just buy it for me.

I am just trying to say i am aware of how fortunate I am and I am very humble for it. I wish i could have paid for it too

Old 03-02-2005, 04:14 AM
im 18...i drive a 04 6mt. i rock.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:25 AM
19, 03' G....parents bought it for me..

Old 03-02-2005, 06:49 AM
I dont see what parents who buy their kids a G35C are referred to as 'spoiled brats'. You might be one if your folks tend to do that 'all the time' but the way i look at it....if my folks were really poor id probably get a dvd or somethign for my bday...if my folks were middle-income i would most probably get an ipod and if my folks were really well off they might buy me a car.

My dad bought me my G35C for my 22nd bday, my bro got his audi TT3.2 for his 21st bday, so my dad doesnt believe in having it as your first car but defiently as a present and we arent spoilt brats!!!! cause i cant afford any mods and i doubt ill be asking daddy to buy me any. But hopefully when i do finish my masters i do plan on selling my cpe(guessing i would have crossed the warranty period) and buying myself a maserati(without my dad).....i hope !!!!!

But its definetly great to hear how some you 18yr olds have apparently paid for it yourself...def need a pat on ur back.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by claymann

My dad bought me my G35C for my 22nd bday, my bro got his audi TT3.2 for his 21st bday, so my dad doesnt believe in having it as your first car but defiently as a present and we arent spoilt brats!!!!...
Why the blazes would a 21 or 22 year old adult accept as "reasonable" the idea of receiving a $35K present? If not in school. at this age I would expect that one would be self suficient and supporting one's self. Many of us did it and are no worse for the experience. Heck, we're the better for it!

Last edited by SaltiDawg; 03-02-2005 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:11 AM
turned 18 feb 19th, got my car 1/13, i'm a college freshman, and its a 6mt. i don't do the whole automatic thing anymore.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:01 AM
"i make $1000+ a week deliviring pizzas"

Dude, where are you at? Looks like I just blew a whole lot on an engineering degree when I could be delivering pizzas!!! Who knew!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many of you are 18 and younger?