G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Nobody is spoiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay, i won't lie, i am pretty spoiled, i am only 16 years old and my parents leased the G for me as my first car, i work pretty hard in school but my gpa isn't great (3.3 gpa, 3.5 hpa) i take pretty hard classes but again, i won't lie, i've never held a job before, i am taking a summer internship for a month, i never take anything for granted though, i always say please and thank you whenever i ask for anything. my dad used to make a lot of money but now he's a "consultant" aka retired, so i am grateful for everything and my G

Old 03-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
EVERYBODY is spoiled in his/her own way. Be grateful to the parents or be proud of your own accomplishments. There is nothing to prove to other people.

Guys who are claiming they get good grades in school thus they deserve a nice car? Newsflash - "You're supposed to, what do you expect - a cookie?" - Chris Rock.

Old 03-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Florida G35 Club
Great replies guys. IM so impressed with you young guys that have your acts together.
Of course you own a g35 so your great in my book. Sooner or later spoiled or not we all are going to have to put effort in to survive life. A little help on the way is just a boost to get you focus on your desires. Being brought up in a poor family and watching my father work him self to death was all the motivating I needed to be the best father I can be. My boys have the best of the best and for the most part are very happy and just want more out of life.
This is a great quote. Destiny is a road traveled by those who choose how they want to live. This is a great forum with some good people here. I thank you all. Dennis

Old 03-03-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm 20...but 19 when I got my '04 M3. I got decent grades in high school (3.8 gpa and 1240 on SAT) and go to UCSB right now. I'd say we're upper middle class but whatever. Lets define the term spoiled. To me it is an already derogatory statement...meaning the kid expects stuff and just complains or whines about things without realizing that the majority of other people in the world have it worse. In that sense, then no I do not think i'm spoiled. I've always wanted the G35 and my parents surprised me with an M3...who would complain? Props to all you young guys with these fantastic cars, just don't be an ******* about it to other people and be grateful for what you have. I guess we're all just lucky bastards . In general, if you're a good kids and your family happens to be wealthy, thereis nothing wrong with that

Old 03-04-2005, 02:11 AM
I guess I can be considered spoiled... but I did WORK for my G. I've been working at my dad's company for the past 3 years doing random things like translation between clients & company (chinese -> english), website design, photography for meetings/projects, and all that fun stuff that no one wants to do (yes, get coffee too). So after 2.75 years of work his company along with the somewhat hard task of maintaining a 4.33GPA in high school... my parents decided to get me a G. On my way to Berkley / UCLA... I hope.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:29 AM
My dad bought me this car for high school graduation also.. Got a good score on SAT and Made into University of Texas-Austin as a business major.. I worked my *** off for studying because i moved from South Korea to study in America and it was very hard to learn English... I had some spare cash for helping my parents' business.
SAT : 1450 GPA : 4.0

Old 03-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
Very nice bombrush, 1450 is a stellar score. Im sure with your stats you could have gotten into ivy league schools, but austin is a great school as well. Anyways, these posts are very inspirational and truly motivating. It seems like everyone has persevered from rags to riches in some way. You guys make me wanna crack open my Biology book i havent touched for a month and start studying for next weeks midterm

Old 03-04-2005, 09:01 AM
lol... man i just finiehd 4 exams in one week.. and i have one more to go in 5 hours !!

Old 03-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Am I the only one here...

Who would REFUSE a gift like a G35 from their parents? Seriously. Just as an example, my parents offered to pay off my student loan of 14K when I graduated from UCLA and I turned them down. No way. I was almost insulted. Maybe it's a pride thing, I don't know.

That said, I don't have anything against parents purchasing cars for their kids in the general sense. But I think, in this particular case, some of you deserve the label of "spoiled" - with all it's connotations - along with the car. At least where I'm from. I mean, it's a LUXURY car, for pete's sake. When I was a teenager/early 20s, ANY car was a luxury.