G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Zs are better than Gs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...i cant beleive i just read this whole thread!!!! and got nothing out of it!!!!!

Z v G??? Who cares! They both rule in my opinion!!! A real arguement would be G v Mini-Van??? hahahah or Z v Pick-up Truck!!!! Then you cant totally kill the person!!! At least this dude got a Z and not something worse...

BUT - since it was brought up...i think that having a G v Z discussion on "G35driver" is a stupid move....DUH! Obviously anyone on here could have purchased a Z...but we didnt...Why? Becasue we saw many more +'s in the G!!! Backseat, Pimp initerior, Sexy lines (z looks good too) best service in the Business, etc etc etc...

The SOHO apartment thing was def a bad move too man...there are a lot of people on this forum (young people) that have lots of money and really dont care about financial status...****, i aint gonna toot my own horn, but if i did youd feel pretty crappy about yourself when i was done

Long story short - they are both great cars. FACT.

But side by side - the Z cant stack up...IMHO...throw in the "value" arguement and you still loose because most people dont buy a high-powered sports car to be economical!!!!

Still need prooooooof ? ? ? ? ?

Attached Thumbnails Zs are better than Gs-new-coupe.jpg   Zs are better than Gs-screens.jpg   Zs are better than Gs-front-end.jpg  
Old 03-03-2005, 09:54 AM
I know this is pretty pointless but i'm bored lol

I priced out a G and Z with similar equipment:

2005 Nissan Z 35th Anniversary 6MT
Packages and Options
Nissan Navigation System $2000
Side and Curtain Air Bags $620

Base MSRP $36,100.00
Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $2,620.00
Destination & Handling $580.00
Total Configured MSRP† $39,300.00

2005 Nissan Z Touring 6MT
Packages and Options
Nissan Navigation System $2000
Side and Curtain Air Bags $620
Carpeted Floor Mats $80
Splash Guards $130
Carpeted Trunk Mat $70
Aerodynamics Package $530

Base MSRP $33,600.00
Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $3,430.00
Destination & Handling $580.00
Total Configured MSRP† $37,610.00

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
Packages and Options
Power Sunroof Incl.
Premium Package $2450
Aero Package $550
DVD Infiniti Navigation System $2000
Aerodynamic Body Kit $630

Base MSRP $33,150.00
Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $5,630.00
Destination & Handling $610.00
Total Configured MSRP† $39,390.00

Ok now since someone mentioned the Z is a MUCH better value and that we're overpaying for the G, lets see... The 35th anniversary Z is basically the same price as a fully loaded G. The touring Z which would probably be the best comparison to the G is about $2k less...

Both have Bose systems, both have navigation, both have automatic climate control, both have power seats... The G has the power tilt & telescopic steering wheel and the steering wheel controls for the audio system. Interior quality, the 2005 G interior wins hands down on that one...

The Z has better performance, no question about that. However, no backseats...

so, the Z is a MUCH better value huh? I guess if you get the touring model you save about $2k more right? but the touring edition doesn't have 19" wheels, so its not really $2k your saving...

i'm not the smartest man in the world but it seems to me that they're practically the same... and you actually get a better interior with the G and back seats, while you get better performance with the Z... and if you care about it, you get the Infiniti name which some people hold higher than nissan... everything else is pretty much subjective...

damn i must really be bored lol

Old 03-03-2005, 10:07 AM
This thread is useless... i was pretty sure this was a G-forum... so i'm pretty sure majority of people would choose the G over the Z and if ya go to Z-forums i'm sure they will choose the Z is this what i'm getting out of this thread?... oh well figured i would just post... and i love my G would never trade it for a Z... but i do love Z's wish i could have both... guess i can go day dream in class about it and fail...life is so miserable haha. oh well i'm out

Old 03-03-2005, 11:40 AM
this is the most gay issue every dealt with.

you guys on the G forum, love the G, you bought one, there is a reason why you bought, i bought a Z, i love it, i'm on the Z forum a lot more.

y argue about which is better,

their the same freakin car.

i'm so aggravated right now, i don't know why.

Freakin idiots.

sang

Old 03-03-2005, 11:41 AM
oh btw, stop using up memory on such a stupid topic.

use your fingers and use the SEARCH button, you'll find 100's more about this.

sang

Old 03-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by g35sammy
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"if you want value goto Walmart~"

you crack me up. and this dude is on crack. share dat ish man~

why why why argue. they both nissans. but to say the Z is nicer then the G??? that we OVERPAID??? come on dude.....im sorry that we have an overall better car then your Z....not only do we have the performance aspect....but our styling and design is top notch~ beautiful car our G's are~ dude just be quiet and go lie there and inject yourself again -.-
gosh you are so cool. i envy you

Old 03-03-2005, 12:13 PM
OMG... I read this thread because I am currently debating between a G35 and a Z as my daily driver.
I also own a Porsche 996 Turbo for the track and fun.

Comparing the 2 is just nuts. I don't think my Turbo is smaller than a Z or G either... and it has back seats too! In performance, well, uh... no offense, but neither are even close..... BUT.....and I mean this... both are blast to drive and worth every penny they cost. I love 'em both. That's why I'm here and considering them.

Can I have the 5 mins of my life back for reading this dribble... Pure gayness.

I am leaning towards the Z for some reason, but it's all about preference.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Scott n Houston
OMG... I read this thread because I am currently debating between a G35 and a Z as my daily driver.
I also own a Porsche 996 Turbo for the track and fun.

Comparing the 2 is just nuts. I don't think my Turbo is smaller than a Z or G either... and it has back seats too! In performance, well, uh... no offense, but neither are even close..... BUT.....and I mean this... both are blast to drive and worth every penny they cost. I love 'em both. That's why I'm here and considering them.

Can I have the 5 mins of my life back for reading this dribble... Pure gayness.

I am leaning towards the Z for some reason, but it's all about preference.
hey scott,

i read about your post in my350z.com, i'm glad you liked the Z, the G is a Z that is more comfortable, in my sense,

what ever decision, enjoy,

sang

Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
hahaahahaaha

Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
That was interesting. Both cars have pros and cons. I love both. Both are fine cars. Can't argue about that...

Old 03-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sangwl
hey scott,

i read about your post in my350z.com, i'm glad you liked the Z, the G is a Z that is more comfortable, in my sense,

what ever decision, enjoy,

sang
Thanks Sang.

It's a good problem to have right? It's a win/win deal. Both cars are great. They should be... they're almost the same car.

I agree that the G is more comfortable. What ever I do, I'll be happy I know.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Cmon Son!
Question...have you guys ever read a thread on this forum that posts a link to another boards thread showing the ignorance of a topic and the garbage that follows it?

I could only bet this link has been copied and pasted to other forums just to have people laugh at it.

I could understand people cross-shopping the cars to find what best suits them, but to put them in a fight?? WHY??

In Japan, is this not the Grand Touring version of the 350??

Both cars are really nice.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:48 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
its not a true sports car
Ask him if he wants to race my NOT SO TRUE SPORTS CAR.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by BurntRenolds
Z's can't compare to the G (2 seatr vs 4)
But style wize....z's are so yesterday and G's are the look of the future...think of how many car companies have tried to copy the G coupe look. Check the 6 series BMW, the look is based on the G...Nobody is copying the Z look, dude.
G & Z looks the damn same to me. Like someone said its basically the same car. Same chasis, same engine with few comestic changes but still carries the lines. The interior of 350z looks cheap but the G35's is cheap as well it's just 350z is even cheaper. You gotta be kidding me when you say Z are the past and G is the future. The ignorance level here is sometimes pretty strong. (I am not singling anyone out.)

The new 645 looks butt ugly even long time faithful bmw owners agree. It looks NOTHING like G35. Does G35 has a ponitac grill? A huge *** truck lid?

Last edited by CarCrazed; 03-03-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Someone better paypal me $20 for the couple mins I just wasted ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.