G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Zs are better than Gs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 12:36 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew, your supra is bad a$$. I hope to have that much to the wheels one day. Right now I'll stick with 400!

Old 03-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Cmon Son!
Originally Posted by gspotter
The 645 looks great, other than the hideous trunk, which looks like it was glued onto the rest of the car.
Thats precisely what I have always thought, but it wouldnt stop me from getting one if I was in the money heh. Actually, I would have more decisions at that price range so I take that back.....

Old 03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
well i have a G and my bro has a Z. I love both cars since their almost the same. in any case, which is better? i dont know. all i know is when we drive together in the G and Z, theres no better sight

Old 03-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by G35miked
comparing the z to g is like comparign the g to the 645, the z is nice, but the g is better, and the G is amazing but the 645 is better.
Ever looked up the reliability of a BMW in Consumer reports. The only car they recommend is the 3 series and that still has a rating of average reliability, like that of a Neon. There other cars are rated subpar reliability. I would never buy anything with that reliability verdict. Same goes for most Mercedes, look it up.

I like the looks of lots of Beemers, but what good does a car do you if it is in the shop.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm in the market for cars right now. I at first i wanted the Z, so i test drove it, i liked it, but then i saw the g35 coupe and thought that look nice. I'm leaning more on the g35 side.

Reasons:
1. Backseats (even though there isn't that much space)
2. Power is almost identical
3. If i go on a trip with a friend, where am i going to put my luggage in the Z?
4. The G35 in my opinion has more class, and style (just my opinion)

Agree to disagree, I also like the car, not to pick up chicks, just to have a well equipped car in it's price range, it's the best car out there for its' class.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Wow he must really like the purple haze. Give it up HOMIE

Old 03-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by njg356mt
First of all, let me explain our "conversation".

.... I showed her a beautiful picture of a silverstone Z and pretty much got slammed for it. I happen to prefer the sportier ride/feel, it felt a bit lighter to me and overall it seemed to feel like a faster car. I also test drove the G35 last week so I had a basis for comparison.

Kelly also failed to mention her reaction to the Z - yuck thats a disgusting car. Why would you ever want that car. It's the equivalent of Walmart. No offense Kelly, but it's really inappropriate to comment on the value of a car that someone else may like, just because you feel it's not up to the par of your car.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
Why is Kelly such a heartless ****** ?

Old 03-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by kwansai
Why is Kelly such a heartless ****** ?

I think Kelly is jealous

Old 03-05-2005, 02:34 PM
So much anger and biased opinions here.

First. From a current Z owner: the G is a much better deal. For $35,500 MSRP a G35c 6MT with premium package and splash guards had a lot more to offer than my $37,630 Track 350Z with Navigation, Side airbags, and splash guards. The G came with sunroof, heated leather seats, fog lights, premium sound, etc. The Z comes with nothing except lightweight 18" wheels. Both had Brembos, but the Z at a much costlier price. The Z interior is very spartan compared to the G. Although the G interior is not of high quality , it LOOKS like it is of higher quality. It also comes with 6-CD changer and sunroof, things my Z did not. The G even used to come with Michelin Pilot Sports (good tires) and the Z comes with crap OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE040. The G is a better deal, end of story. Oh, and Infiniti service is way better than Nissan service. I cannot emphasize that enough.

Second. There is a completely different feel from driving a Track Z (all are 6mt) and a 6mt Gcoupe. The Z is way shorter, and feels quicker when you get into spirited driving. I hated having four seats. Two seats does it for me, this is purely personal preference. The turning radius in the G was not consistent with how the car looked. The G looks very very sporty, and it is. But the turning radius and length is consistent with that of any midsized sedan out there. The G is about a foot longer, and has a wheelbase of about 8" longer. Also, it weighs about 200+ lbs more than the Z. You also have much more cabin space in the G and plenty of room in the back seats. The Z sits lower and is much more cramped than the G. Once again, the interior is spartan. If I could have the G interior in the Z, I would take it in a heartbeat. So there ARE differences in the two cars, mostly preferences.

Third. I don't agree with the Z being more juevenile, but I agree that it is much less comfortable. The stock ride in the G is unbelievably comfortable for the kind of car it is. The stock ride in the Z is much harsher. Bumps are more readily felt in the cabin. Engine and road noise seep into the cabin very easily. Freeway rides can be annoying if you want to listen to soft music. It all depends with what you want to put up with. I'm sure that all the G's with aftermarket suspension have comparably rough rides as well.

Finally, I know that on this board you guys chose G's over Z's. So take it easy on the Z guys, we love our cars just as much as you guys. Our cars are so similar, we shouldn't bash one or the other. Personally, I love the look of both cars equally, just in their own respective styling. I think the G's LED taillights are the best part about the car, but I'm not sure they would look right on the Z. Here's a picture to show how similar the two are (it was when we had both for a time period). I'm very sad that my dad decided to sell the G because he had initially intended on keeping it. I hope the new GTR is nice so I can convince him to get that.

PS. My uncle just got a black with black napa leather 645ci convertible. I can say that pics of the 645ci don't do it justice. It looks so much nicer in real life.

Old 03-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by WolfsterX
I think Kelly is jealous
Yea, thats it, I'm jealous....

Old 03-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Not sure what this argument is about since its the same car just with different body panels, little stiffer suspension in one and little nicer interior in the other...

Do what I did and buy both

One thing I can do with my 350z you G35 Coupe guys can't is cruise around with the top down :P

Old 03-05-2005, 09:24 PM
There is simply NO comparing the looks of the 350z to the G35! The G35 looks better from the front and back. Don't get me wrong, I like the Z, but the G35 is a better looking car inside and out. I get more complements on the looks of my G35 coupe, than
I did in any of my Corvettes.

Old 03-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by bhamvett
There is simply NO comparing the looks of the 350z to the G35! The G35 looks better from the front and back. Don't get me wrong, I like the Z, but the G35 is a better looking car inside and out. I get more complements on the looks of my G35 coupe, than
I did in any of my Corvettes.
Thats because the Corvette has had the same basic body style forever...
Put my 350z next to your G35 coupe and I guarantee my car will get more attention then yours

Old 03-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by G35keg
Not sure what this argument is about since its the same car just with different body panels, little stiffer suspension in one and little nicer interior in the other...

Do what I did and buy both

One thing I can do with my 350z you G35 Coupe guys can't is cruise around with the top down :P

Best looking 350z i've seen...forget performance...when you look like that U drive at 25mph....they must see who is in there.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Since all cars depriciate significantly...You should buy a car that you like....You won't get back the money you spent....but atleast you enjoy the ride....after all that is why pay more than 30k....to enjoy it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.