G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G35 is @ the dealer...help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post My G35 is @ the dealer...help

I would like to start with off with I am a new member to this form, hello everyone it is nice to be a part of this community! Well, my G35 has been a great reliable car for it being an 03’ also very fun to drive.. like super fun to drive. I recently hauled it off to the dealer, had my good local machinic looked it over and did all the repairs; R & L positioning sensor, new spark plugs, coils, new engine valve covers with all new gaskets. while cleaning the throttle body (unhooking it) and replaced my accelerator pedal throttle position sensor. When everything was finished my machinic told me “alright, time to haul it off to the dealer for the ECU resetting procedures”. I called the infiniti dealer as they’re charging me 120 an hour to look over the vehicle. They said I need a new accelerator pedal position sensor isn’t reading the right volts (had to be changed) they’re changing me $250 for the pedal sensor, I am looking at $780 out the door.

I tried doing the resetting procedures manually but after two days still no luck. Is this pricing normal? Is it every time us G-Drivers add a mod, we have to take it into the dealer to get the ecu flashed and relearned? Is there a way around this? Can I swap the computer with something that has a usb connection and hook it to my own computer to do this myself? I am trying to find a way around the dealer? (damn middle man) this prehistoric ecu/pedal sensor/throttle body relearn is out dated, just be a reset button of the side you know? Well, thanks for hearing me out and I hope you’re all enjoying the beautiful drive of the G.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:18 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
http://nicoclub.com/archives/g35-350...procedure.html

I don't know what your mechanic screwed up but if you brought in a perfectly functional machine and he returns one that doesn't work I would blame shoddy mechanic.

The ECU reset is easy, either follow the pedal danceethod I linked, or unplug the battery overnight, or use an OBD2 scanner that can reset it.

APP can be an issue but there's typically other problems you notice like lack of power or a DTC code flashing on the dash but not being able to perform the resets CAN be directly linked to the APP.

Last edited by cleric670; 04-17-2018 at 06:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
eCryptiic (04-17-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had some what the same issue. Had my buddy with a OBD flash it. 0 problems since. He did have a cool guy $200+ code reader if that makes any difference..

eCryptiic (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried these steps and no good. QUOTE=cleric670@gmail;7136583]http://nicoclub.com/archives/g35-350z-ecu-reset-procedure.html

And unplugging the battery over night didn’t work. Dealer is changing the Excelerator pedal sensor and reflashing my ecu witch is costing 760ish ☹️ In the hole. car starts right up goes in reverse goes and drive but it just creeps, I have no control in my paddle. Should I just get one of those readers and clear the code and change the sensor myself ?

An OBD2 scanner that can reset and relearn the air on the throttle body? If I could do this myself it would save me so much money. So next time I do mods or work on my car I shouldnt unplug any sensors or I should just keep the throttlebody plugged in and zip tie it up somehow ? This is just ridiculous well mistakes happen I thought it was all plug-and-play

Old 04-17-2018, 12:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If your APP is bad then you won't be able to do the pedal dance method until you fix it. The dealership should deliver you a fully functional vehicle when they're done with it though. Replacing the entire pedal assembly is expensive, even with a non-OEM part it's still like $175, the individual dual-switch is replaceable however and only costs about $35 last I checked but you need to be comfortable disassembling the pedal assembly itself.

eCryptiic (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 05:59 PM
thank you. this explains a lot, the APP was bad. but you know it was working fine till i unplugged APP to check it out and it went limp, it was working fine before, kinda threw me for a looop. also lets say i unplug or upgrade the APP or the throttle body, position sensor's again, (should i just somehow leave them plugged in) how can i resent it myself instead of doing to the dealer thing? if i bought an OBD2 scanner, could that work? check this out
<<< i think could do the trick? i mean i am sure your can find something like it, if not the original

thanks again everyone!

Old 04-17-2018, 06:00 PM
thanks buddy. check out my msg below

Old 04-17-2018, 07:01 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
OBD1 is quite a bit different than OBD2 but yeah the reflash works essentially the same but you need the correct software to interface with the ECU. However I don't necessarily think your ECU is bad, the pedal dance method for RESETTING (not reprogramming, there is a huge difference)the ECU all involves having a working gas pedal and if yours died somewhere during the process then it will eventually need to be replaced before the vehicle will function correctly.

If the vehicle never sees the pedal go to wide open throttle you cannot use the pedal dance method to reset the ECU, if the dealership says the only problem they found is a faulty APP then that's probably the only thing technically "wrong" but it still needed to have the idle air recalibration done and the mechanic likely didn't have the proper software to do it, couldn't get the pedal dance method to reset, and had it hauled to Nissan.

If there are any other problems that Nissan finds wrong that can be directly tied to all that work you had the mechanic do like maybe a loose ground or something then I would definitely fight the mechanic over the Nissan repair bill...

Modding your vehicle does not require an ECU REFLASH, it requires an ECU RESET which is done by either unplugging the battery overnight, the pedal dance, or using an OBD2 scanner with that functionality, or the dealerships Consult-II. Only a REFLASH requires the dealership (there are other ways around this too but it requires some special tools, software, and know-how).

eCryptiic (04-18-2018)