G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

dont like the old grille. quick spray over

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 06:01 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Back to the subject...quick spray over! If you don't like the first gen grilles you have several options, vendors make straight bar grilles which eliminate the Mt. Fuji emblem! I haven't seen one of those for a while! Then there's the Gialla grille, my favorite when painted actually looks like part of your car! Install the Mt. Fuji emblem from the trunk with 3-M double sided adhesive and it looks finished. My favorite vendor IONIC makes both grilles, Jose will have them painted upon request! Enjoy the ride!
Gary

Old 01-14-2019, 11:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
link for the gialla or Ionic grills?

Old 01-15-2019, 08:12 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Look in the vendor classifieds for Ionic's threads. IMHO the Gialla grill is ugly and makes the front of your car look like it's smiling awkwardly.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:43 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
04 6mt Coupe - motordyne 5/16 ART pipes TDX2; KWv2; Hotchkiss; custom seats.
Every time I see the Gialla grill, I think of a blow fish. It does look good painted with MtFuji - I just can't unsee it.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (02-03-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 05:11 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
See this post for pics of an Ionic emblemless grill....

https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...ml#post7155603

Old 02-03-2019, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have that same exact set of headlights. I recommend getting an LED ballast and bulb kit for it. (My kit didn't come with a ballast for the low beams). Also the LED bulbs already in it are VERY finicky and you need to tuck the wires for them in a good spot or they're gonna keep going out.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Originally Posted by FahBreezy
I have that same exact set of headlights. I recommend getting an LED ballast and bulb kit for it. (My kit didn't come with a ballast for the low beams). Also the LED bulbs already in it are VERY finicky and you need to tuck the wires for them in a good spot or they're gonna keep going out.
I already have an aftermarket HID kit installed. But what does tucking the wires have to do with the LEDs going out??

Old 02-13-2019, 02:36 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I’ve had the OEM Grill painted black and the Mesh Style grill(Gialla I assume?)painted the OEM color w/ the Infiniti emblem on my couple so far, and I think I actually prefer the mesh grill. I never really liked the factory grille. The way they came anyways, being the plasti chrome. I do like the other Iconic style on certain apps too.
I’ve always had the factory headlights tho, just did he headlight mod and blacked out the inside housing. I like the look of a few of the headlong I’ve seen, like the ones poster above /\ . But I’ve always heard bad reviews on the after market headlights. At least the ones they sell on eBay anyways, do you know what company makes those /\ pictured?

Old 02-13-2019, 03:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Coupe
I bought the grill off amazon for 65. Looks good and wanted to debadge and black it out to match the headlights.
Also, I dont understand why left or right hand drive would matter at all for installing the headlights?
I didnt see anything different from the right and left connections on the ballasts.

I had a crack on the back of the drivers headlight. Water got in and shorted the hid and led strip. Bought these off amazon. I still need to clear coat them and add sealant on the seams cuz its aftermarket and ionno how good it is. So far its good, still adjusting the height. These are wayyy bright, hopefully clear coat and/or a wrap will tone em down.

You can restore the headlights, with the right steps. While i was getting my roof painted, we went ahead and clearcoated the headlights. I dont remember the grit sizes but we used an air tool (dont remember what its called) to pretty much take all the old clear off. Used acetone or rubbing alcohol to clean it. Then did 2-4 coats of clear (i dont remember) then buff it out. Theres definitely more steps to this, but this happened almost 2 years ago. This pic was taken 1.3? years after.

Last edited by G35ATL; 02-13-2019 at 05:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:07 AM
Back when I was doing automotive bodywork/paint full time at a shop, when we would restore headlights we would wet sand them with anywhere from 1200-2000 grit, depending on how bad the were (Starting with the lower grit and finishing with the finer grit), and then just buff them with 3m perfect it rubbing compound and a wool pad on a high speed buffer. Made them look brand new most of the time and it only took a few mins. Only downside was a lot of times you’d have to rebuff them with the 3m compound every 6-8 months or so to keep them looking brand new. That’s how I usually do the headlights on my vehicles but I did end up reclearing the headlights on my couple when I had them off to paint the housings black. Also I wanted to try out this 2k clear coat that they make in an aerosol can now, I think the company is Spray Max. It’s a little pricey and once you mix it you have to use it within like 48 hours, but it’s perfect for doing headlights bc it’s as easy as using a normal 1k rattle can clear, so anyone can do it, but with the 2k clear your ACTUALLY doing a permanent headlight restore. Stuff worked great, highly recommend it for anyone looking to restore/reclear your headlight lens

Old 02-13-2019, 06:20 AM

This is the clear coat I was talkin about, incase anyone was interested in checking it out. I got mine from a local paint shop but you can get it on eBay or Amazon and probly a lot of other places now Ive see it all over the place online lately

Old 02-13-2019, 06:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Coupe
Would one can be enough for 2-3 coats for both headlights?

Old 02-13-2019, 06:56 AM
Yeah I had more than enough. I actually had enough left over that I refinished a couple of aluminum shift ***** that I had laying around. I didn’t really need to I just didn’t want to waste it. Shift ***** turned out good tho.
If you plan on buying it I would try find something else you might want to put a goood urethane clear coat on with whatever’s left of the can so you won’t have to waste any. Either way tho it’s still worth using it IMO.