G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

No Crank-No Start 03 G35 Coupe 140k

Old 10-06-2018, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plain Jane
No Crank-No Start 03 G35 Coupe 140k

Whats good guys n gals? So last night I went to fill my tank all the way up, from little less than 1/4 to completely full (topped if off), afterwards I tried to crank the car and it would not turn the engine, every time I turned the key it was followed by the sound of just one click, though the headlights were very bright and all of the electronics would come on in the car .I figured it could be a bad battery, luckily a buddy of mine passed me and pulled over to try and jump me off, it was a no go I do not believe it has anything to do with the fuel pump due to the sound of which it is making. We then tried taking a Flathead and a hammer and hitting the starter, afterwards ending up giving in and calling a tow truck. I don't believe it has anything to do with the Anti-theft/Immobilizer either. Going to check battery tomorrow with voltmeter to confirm that battery is not at fault, I tried disconnecting the negative terminal and still no luck, no corrosion/build up on battery terminals. I have read some forums regarding on how it could be the cam shaft sensors or ignition switch. Though I have never had any problems since I have had the car (about 4 months), other than one time when I was stopped at a stop light for about 15 mins and the engine shut down on me causing my car to roll backwards. If anyone has any ideas you are more than welcome to reply back with anything in mind, thanks a million for the feedback and taking your time to assist me!

Old 10-06-2018, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by QuesowithPesos
Whats good guys n gals? So last night I went to fill my tank all the way up, from little less than 1/4 to completely full (topped if off), afterwards I tried to crank the car and it would not turn the engine, every time I turned the key it was followed by the sound of just one click, though the headlights were very bright and all of the electronics would come on in the car .I figured it could be a bad battery, luckily a buddy of mine passed me and pulled over to try and jump me off, it was a no go I do not believe it has anything to do with the fuel pump due to the sound of which it is making. We then tried taking a Flathead and a hammer and hitting the starter, afterwards ending up giving in and calling a tow truck. I don't believe it has anything to do with the Anti-theft/Immobilizer either. Going to check battery tomorrow with voltmeter to confirm that battery is not at fault, I tried disconnecting the negative terminal and still no luck, no corrosion/build up on battery terminals. I have read some forums regarding on how it could be the cam shaft sensors or ignition switch. Though I have never had any problems since I have had the car (about 4 months), other than one time when I was stopped at a stop light for about 15 mins and the engine shut down on me causing my car to roll backwards. If anyone has any ideas you are more than welcome to reply back with anything in mind, thanks a million for the feedback and taking your time to assist me!
See page SC-10 in the FSM
"A/T MODEL Power is supplied at all timesthrough 40A fusible link (letter M, located in the fuse and fusible link box)to ignition switch terminal 1.With the ignition switch in the ON or START position, power is supplied:to 10A fuse (No.80, located in the IPDM E/R)When the selector lever in the P or N position, power is supplied:from TCM terminal 48to IPDM E/R terminal 43.Ground is supplied:to IPDM E/R terminals 14, 45 and46from body grounds E17 and E43.Then starter relay is turn ON.With the ignition switch in the START position, IPDM E/R is energized and power is supplied:from ignition switch terminal 4to IPDM E/R terminal 11 andthrough IPDM E/R terminal 4to starter motor terminal 1.The starter motor plunger closes and provides a closed circuit between the battery and starter motor. Thestarter motor is grounded to the engine block. With power and ground supplied, cranking occurs and the engine starts"

Good luck
Telcoman

Old 10-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Plain Jane
Appreciate the input! Just checked all the fuses, and there is no blown fuses that would cause it not to crank.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by QuesowithPesos
Appreciate the input! Just checked all the fuses, and there is no blown fuses that would cause it not to crank.
Corrosion in the wiring harness?

Old 10-06-2018, 11:29 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
EDIT: First thing to do is try to start it again now that it's cooled down, a common type of failure of a starter is the solenoid suffering from heat soak and you end up with a no-start condition on a hot motor, if it starts right up this morning then you probably just need a new starter, if not then...

If it clicked then it TRIED to start but didn't have enough amperage to turn the starter, this could be because of the battery or the power distribution, OR because of a starter that failed. I would disconnect the battery and throw it on a charger to see if it tries to take a charge, if it DOES try to take a charge then let it fully charge and try to start the car again, you might have a failing battery or perhaps a failing alternator. If it DOES NOT take any charge then I would jack up and support the front of the vehicle and remove the starter then bench test it for operation. If the starter is bad then replace it, if the starter is STILL GOOD then pull all the spark plugs and drive belts and try to turn the motor by hand, it may have seized.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
same thing happened to me a few months ago, just heard one click when turning the key, and it ended up being the starter. simple enough fix. jump starting wont work, but if you have a manual you can push/pop start it

Old 02-20-2020, 12:08 PM
infiniti g35
When i put the key in it flashes and I do not hear the fuel pump it cranks put it will not start. And my obd does not want to give Communication with the Scanner

Old 02-20-2020, 06:42 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah but while it's cranking is the NATS/IVIS LED light solid red?

Old 02-20-2020, 09:15 PM
infiniti g35
when I lock the car it’s a solid red but when I put the key In it flashes

Old 02-21-2020, 05:38 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
So what does it do while you are cranking the engine?

Old 02-22-2020, 02:10 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Dead starter.

Old 02-22-2020, 12:10 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by Isaac Feilx
When i put the key in it flashes and I do not hear the fuel pump it cranks put it will not start. And my obd does not want to give Communication with the Scanner
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Dead starter.
Starter sounds fine, I'm betting it's a NATS interlock but I can't seem to get a straight answer about what the light is doing WHILE CRANKING

Old 02-22-2020, 12:30 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670
Starter sounds fine, I'm betting it's a NATS interlock but I can't seem to get a straight answer about what the light is doing WHILE CRANKING
He said he hears a single click when he tries to start it. If it were NATS, I dont think it would even click.

Old 02-22-2020, 01:09 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
NATS interlocked will crank normally just not fire the coil packs or open the injectors until you have 5 failed starts, then it goes into mode 1 which disables the ignition relay until you break out of lockout mode with a registered key.

I assume it's a NATS interlock because he said he's got a flashing light with ignition ACC but we also need to verify it's a solid red light when ignition ON, regardless of whether the engine actually cranks or not.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:39 PM
g35
This seems to be a common issue with these cars.