G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fitting Nismo S-Tune Exhaust on 04 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 01:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 G35 Coupe Black Obsidian 6MT / Brembo Brake Package
Fitting Nismo S-Tune Exhaust on 04 Coupe

I found a good deal on a Nismo S-Tune Exhaust for the 350z which can fit on the G35 coupe. However, what length extension still somehow remains a mystery. Do I need the 6” extension or the 8” extension for the tips to come out just like the stock exhaust.

I was looking at this

https://shop.redline360.com/products...-350z-exhausts

Old 01-14-2020, 02:03 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,157 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Technically the wheelbase is 8" longer but most exhaust systems look better on the coupe with a 6" instead, otherwise the tips tend to stick out a little like they do on the 350Z but it looks better on the G35 slightly recessed.

Aftermarket rear bumpers tend to stick out further though and an 8" extension would he better for that kind of scenario.

Wait until you get the exhaust installed and then just measure the gap, go down to a local muffler shop (yeah it's going to be unmuffled and sound like **** during that drive) and have them Fab one up for you. Usually cheaper than buying an extension on the internet. Call around locally and get prices.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670
Technically the wheelbase is 8" longer but most exhaust systems look better on the coupe with a 6" instead, otherwise the tips tend to stick out a little like they do on the 350Z but it looks better on the G35 slightly recessed.

Aftermarket rear bumpers tend to stick out further though and an 8" extension would he better for that kind of scenario.

Wait until you get the exhaust installed and then just measure the gap, go down to a local muffler shop (yeah it's going to be unmuffled and sound like **** during that drive) and have them Fab one up for you. Usually cheaper than buying an extension on the internet. Call around locally and get prices.
Is this more or less what it would look like with the 6” extension being “recessed”

Old 01-14-2020, 08:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 Sport/Premium Package 5AT
FWIW I just drove to Salinas yesterday to check out a Nismo S-Tune and the guy had an 8" extender on it. Didn't see what it looks like on the G because I had to walk away from it, he said it was in excellent condition and there was a large dent on the top side of the muffler. Just thought I would post this just in the odd chance you were headed that way because he didn't disclose that with me...
Anyways great choice on that exhaust. When I decide to change mine (stock) I am only going S-Tune or Fujitsubo Legalis R

Old 01-15-2020, 09:28 AM
Im torn between the Invidia Gemini / Nismo S-Tune

found both for around the same price (new) I’m just looking for something a little deeper and meaner than stock, not trying to draw a ton of attention.

Old 01-15-2020, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by fcp4life
Im torn between the Invidia Gemini / Nismo S-Tune

found both for around the same price (new) I’m just looking for something a little deeper and meaner than stock, not trying to draw a ton of attention.
Looking for same tone as you, been kind of sleeping on the Gemini though... gonna listen to some sound clips. I love the way the Nismo/Fuji look stock

Old 01-15-2020, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ryan_vq35
Looking for same tone as you, been kind of sleeping on the Gemini though... gonna listen to some sound clips. I love the way the Nismo/Fuji look stock

this clip almost sold me

Old 01-20-2020, 04:21 AM
Sounds good! I probably won't be swapping exhaust anytime soon tho. Only bought my G a little over a year ago and I still sometimes roll my windows down just to listen to the stock exhaust. Its just a beautiful sound idk when I will ever get tired of it.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:10 PM
Does anyone have any info on the diameter of the piping for the NISMO S-Tune? The extensions online say 3" however, the actually exhaust kit I can't find the info

Old 02-01-2020, 01:28 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The OEM Nismo exhaust was the same pipe diameter as the midpipe, the Nismo S-Tune was a slightly larger diameter and uses the 3" extension. They make an S-Tune midpipe which essentially makes that transition but the G35 would still need an extension obviously, I don't recommend the S-Tune midpipe anyways, if you're going to replace the OEM mid then get the HR pipe and use it instead.

OEM Nismo and Nismo S-Tune are NOT the same component, make sure you're researching the correct one. It's pretty much unanimously agreed that the S-Tune sounds better.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:58 PM
The OEM Nismo exhaust was the same pipe diameter as the midpipe, the Nismo S-Tune was a slightly larger diameter and uses the 3" extension. They make an S-Tune midpipe which essentially makes that transition but the G35 would still need an extension obviously, I don't recommend the S-Tune midpipe anyways, if you're going to replace the OEM mid then get the HR pipe and use it instead.

OEM Nismo and Nismo S-Tune are NOT the same component, make sure you're researching the correct one. It's pretty much unanimously agreed that the S-Tune sounds better.
so get the HR pipe and an extension? The 8” one? This is the exhaust I’m looking at

Old 02-01-2020, 03:24 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Whoops I meant an S-Tune y-pipe, not mid pipe, instead use the HR y-pipe, longer primaries and a shorter collector pipe.

I'd call CZP, or message them through their marketplace account here, and ask them whether they recommend the 6 or 8" extension for that setup. Not totally sure how far it will stick out on the coupe.

Old 02-01-2020, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by fcp4life
so get the HR pipe and an extension? The 8” one? This is the exhaust I’m looking at

Do the tips on the S-Tunes normally come welded or do they look like that? That looks like a clamp holding it

Old 02-01-2020, 06:39 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Call CZP and ask, that's a generic picture, it would be awesome if they did come that way now so you could get the tips adjusted perfectly to the rear fascia.

Old 02-29-2020, 04:50 PM
Call CZP and ask, that's a generic picture, it would be awesome if they did come that way now so you could get the tips adjusted perfectly to the rear fascia.
So say i pick up an aftermarket Y-pipe such as this https://www.z1motorsports.com/exhaus...e-p-12225.html

would I still need the 8" extension as well? https://www.z1motorsports.com/exhaus...pe-p-9596.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fitting Nismo S-Tune Exhaust on 04 Coupe