G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

biggest mistake of my life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would probably make more sense to look for a trade with someone else. Might take awhile, but if you're patient i would think the right deal would arise. Really though, is the AT that bad? Its got the manual mode..

****, I wish my mom would buy me a 5at... lol.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:56 PM
i'm very happy with my auto, and i've driven manual cars most of my life

Old 03-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey rE 4k sHuN,
Is your mom thinking about adopting another kid? Even though I am over 21, I am sure we can work something out! I would love to have G35 without paying!

Anyway, welcome to the board. Just take a step back and enjoy that fact you have a G. =) Life is good.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:22 PM
this is a tragedy that your mom bought you a 5AT G35, don't be spoiled dude, i know your'e not becasue you chose the car, but just be grateful you have it and you'll enjoy it even more.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Have the same regrets as you buddy, I got my 05 on Thanksgiving, did not want to wait another 3 months to get a 6mt. Be happy you got a G and not anything else. Don't sit back and regret its not stick because your not going to enjoy the car. You can still rip it and enjoy it in the shifting mode, thats what I do. You learn from your mistakes so, like Andy77 said, next time, I will think more before I get my car, so should anybody young getting a car they are hot in the pants to drive. I almost gave up the Athens Blue color for a diamond graphite so I could get a G a week earlier, thank goodness I had a little bit of patience. Keep it and wait for stick on your next car.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Um.. you sound like a friend of mine. I would be happer than flies on a cow poo if my parents bought me a car. Let alone a G35. Be grateful for what you have. Sorry to sound negative but I HATE working for everything I have and finally getting something that no one else does, then some rich kid has his parents just go buy it for him.

*end rant*

Old 03-10-2005, 12:40 AM
mrb
Originally Posted by weaksauce
this is a very sad story that deserves alot of attention. i feel so bad for you man.

i think there should be a nightline special on this story. "next on nightline, the traedgy of a boy whose mom bought him a g35, but it was an automatic. watch as this tragic tale of loss unfolds" i think you could get alot of symapthy from this story...

anyway, welcome to the board and enjoy your ride! the 6mt is fun as hell, but you still got a nice ride. learn from the exp and be patient next time!
I agree. Dude it's your own fault for becoming impatient and "I just have to have it now, now!". Deal with it.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
am i the only one that thinks manual is much smoother and faster then an auto?

manual with a driver that knows how to downshift, and heel-toe will be much smoother and safter then any auto IMO.. also faster because you can control where you are in the powerband and fuel efficient. also a whole lotta fun and it makes cutting into traffic alot easyer during traffic hours. Also your launch and gear changes will always be more efficient then the AT on a track. Only downside is that you cant get any head while driving.. although many have found ways around that.. (jp lol)

However, i would agree that the G35 is a BAD car to learn stick on. The clutch is too hard for first timers and you get no feeling from the car and shifter.. An idiot who doesnt know how to rev-match and shift like a 300year old turtle can pull off driving stick on this car. You need to get a POS with the worst mounts ever built with out any insulation to learn how to drive stick properly.

But anyways back on topic, you made the mistake. But like everyone else says automatic isnt bad at all especially on this car.. If your new at driving manual, your saving yourself (and your car) from alot of trouble. Go get a beater and have fun with that you can dump the clutch and pull the e-brake as much as you want on it. Also more importantly your mom paid for it.. she already spent $30-35k on you.. you want her to spend another $8-10k, plus the trouble of buying another car and insurance blahblah. just stick with what you have unless you can hand the 8-10k over.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:48 AM
lol nice to kno so many people care.....my mom and I bought the car....our money....our car....ive known how to drive stick for a while now....i got my license driving stick....which is the reason i regret this so much....and weaksauce....your such a dick haha

thanx for the feedback tho guys

Old 03-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rE 4k sHuN
lol nice to kno so many people care.....my mom and I bought the car....our money....our car....ive known how to drive stick for a while now....i got my license driving stick....which is the reason i regret this so much....and weaksauce....your such a dick haha

thanx for the feedback tho guys
damn, that sucks the new 05s would've made the biggest smile on just about any experienced manual driver. but if you already have the car i wouldnt trade it in.. at least not now... i say have some fun with it.. you did buy it might as well enjoy it first right? and dont trade a new car for a used anything..

also maybe you'll trade it in for the new skyline a year or so after its out.. it'll be the perfect time, that is if your still interested in the "g35 style"

Old 03-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
threads like this depress me . theres absolutely nothing wrong with a 5at, but i too am dying for a 6mt at the moment. gotta be happy with what you have, but i often find myself daydreaming in class about the fun i could have with a stick car. its one of the reasons i've avoided any major performance mods. i figured itd make a better car to cruise and pimp around in

Old 03-10-2005, 02:35 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
And I sure hope this was the biggest "mistake" in your...............
Dido.

You got to be KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You POOOR THing

Old 03-10-2005, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by Scott n Houston
Anyone else's stomach turning over? I think I may vomit.
Been a member since Nov. Read here for about 6 months before joining .. and yeah I need a barf bag also .. The forum is almost done in my eyes . PS anyone know how much a key cost to get made? GIVE ME A FARKEN BREAK ..
I remember when I found a wealth of info here ... If you don't know how much a key cost .. you should stay behind locked doors.

As for you and your mom .. owning a car together ... sounds like a load to me .. OMG the worst thing happen today. I left my head up my a**

Old 03-10-2005, 09:33 AM
I don't understand people who say "I really wanted xxx car, but didn't want to wait, so I bought yyy car". I can understand settling for a certain color or something, but transmission choice? That was just stupid.

I know that if I'm going to spend $35-40K on a car, I'm damn sure going to get what I want, regardless of the wait.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: biggest mistake of my life