G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

windows malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity G35 coupe
windows malfunction

I took my driver Side door off to paint and when I Put it back on and connected the Plug neither driver or passanger side windows will roll up or down ?? I have checked all the Fuses aswen as checked both window switches and all seems to be workin just fine as far as I cantell? Does anyone know why they both quit working ? The moon oof still works Just fine ? Any Ideas whatis goin on????????????,

Old 10-10-2020, 07:31 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You probably didn't disconnect the battery first I'm guessing. You're basically unplugging a component of a computer while the computer is still turned on, they don't like it when you do that. Just because the key is off doesn't mean the BCM isn't still communicating with the door switch.

Disconnect the battery, pump brakes to remove residual charge, unplug/replug that window harness, connect battery.

While you have the harness apart check to make sure there's no bent pins, that harness is pretty stout so I don't expect you'll find anything but there might be some corrosion, I've had to clean my driver side harness once already.