G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What Is Up With This???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _G_
Some people talk about how swapping to JDM is posing or ricey, I say anybody who wants to keep the Infiniti emblems is posing!
Now I've heard everything.............

Old 03-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Prolix
Now I've heard everything.............

No you haven't....

I wonder if it were cheaper to buy a 350Z then rebadge it Infiniti? Im such an idiot.

Now you have heard everything.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:00 AM
haha, always a great topic for a flame war. its not degrading at all, its called personal preference. sure we live in america and here it is an infiniti g35, but when i see a G rockin jdm badges, i know that person understands the cars heritage. honestly im more interested with what he has under the hood, than his badges.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:55 AM
I agree with Jruss. If you're in Japan, the car is a skyline. In AMERICA, it's an Infiniti, and to call it a skyline is just wrong.

Old 03-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you live in Japan? Then it's not a Skyline.
Is the Infiniti G35 known as a V35? Is the Nissan Skyline known as a V35? They're the same car. Period.

The only way to incorrectly badge the G35 as a Skyline is to throw on GT-R badges, otherwise the JDM rebadge is justified. If you don't like rebadging, good for you. Why should someone who is an enthusiast and who has decided to rebadge accurately care what you have to say about it?

Last edited by humanRESEARCH; 03-13-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by geeezus
and fyi, the NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT badges command way more respect on the street.

Oh man, that's funny!

No further comment..........

Old 03-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Banned
do you know why your temperature, volume, and hazard controls are on the right side of the center console?? because the car is originally right-handed...

do you know why you have a "card holder" above your left shoulder?? because originally youre sitting in the passenger seat...

your (OUR) cars are more Nissan than we (YOU) think... people who rebadge to Nissan Skyline 350GT are taking the car back to its original roots... if you cant comprehend that then youre a moron...

peace

ps: do you know that people in Japan rebadge to Infiniti G35?!, now thats pathetic!

Old 03-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by bruces12
Okay, I agree "each to his own". But please explain to me (without quoting me) WHY in the world are people taking their Infinity G35 badges off the car and rebadging it either SKYLINE (which it isn't) or worse yet, NISSAN?

Please don't tell me that all of the Lexus SC430 owners are rebadging their cars "Toyota"! Or BMW owners want to rebadge their cars Range Rover (which BMW was more than happy to dump).
I'm with you. It's as bad as people throwing those FTO stickers all over 3000GTs, or like people with old Mercury Capri's rebadging as Mustangs, they were the same damn car, but you just don't do it.

I think people want to rebadge as Skylines purely to impress the ricers. They would be the only people who could get all excited by it "Dude, you gots a skyline yo!" Maybe having it as a Skyline will allow them to get in more street races?

The funny thing about the Lexus thing is that my friend bought a Lexus IS300, and one of the first thing he did was stick an ugly *** front grill on it to replace the Lexus one. It cant remember what companey's symbol (some aftermarket company) is on it, but it makes the car look like a Volkswagon (The IS300 doesn't look good in the first place, this just made it worse).

If somebody asked you "Why is your Skyline left hand drive?" How would you reply?

Last edited by clemens9; 03-13-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
this thread is the funniest thing ever. i rebadged mine so i pose these questions. is the chassis code the same? is the motor code the same? is the body style the same? if i was to order a replace ment part for a skyline in japan andorder a g35part here woudl they have the same part number(except for the emblems) soo the best question is whats teh difference. i think if you think that its downgradingthen you are a materialistic *****. its your choise to rebadge or not to. but dont knock someone else for doing it. infiniti is a way to market it in a different market. same car. so im guessing these people think that a pair of dolce and gabbana jeans make you a better man than a pair of levi's so if you gotta use infiti to get a$$ or respect then you have far greater issues that the name on your car. so in closing its a nissan suck it up. order a part for it and look at the package it comes in garunteed the box says nissan.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by geeezus
yo! read up on ur sh*t before u start talkin it. these cars ARE the american (USDM) versions of the Japanese (JDM) SKYLINE 350GT's by NISSAN! before u start dissin people, know ur sh*t! and wat the background is behind ur car.

and fyi, the NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT badges command way more respect on the street.
more respect How is that? A sticker does make more HP on the street.
Is that what you are saying.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
more respect How is that? A sticker does make more HP on the street.
Is that what you are saying.
It's exactly what I said. People rebadge to impress other people/ricers. I guess some people just like the attention. But the question is, why would you want to impress ricers?

Old 03-13-2005, 12:23 PM
hahaah ohh yea emblems give you 35 rwhp you didnt know. hahaha. they do run heads though. and personally i think skyline looks better than infiniti.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by clemens9
It's exactly what I said. People rebadge to impress other people/ricers. I guess some people just like the attention. But the question is, why would you want to impress ricers?

The G Coupe impresses ricers whether its rebadged or not.

I'm going to install SKYLINE and 350GT emblems on the rear and keep the Mt Fuji emblem. 350GT sounds more exotic than G35.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by SnMDesignStudio
He's right. An Infinity G35 isn't a Skyline. An Infiniti G35, however, is.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
The G Coupe impresses ricers whether its rebadged or not.

I'm going to install SKYLINE and 350GT emblems on the rear and keep the Mt Fuji emblem. 350GT sounds more exotic than G35.
exotic but only in north america?????? and you can change the front to nissan if you get the right emblem

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.