G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What Is Up With This???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What Is Up With This???

Okay, I agree "each to his own". But please explain to me (without quoting me) WHY in the world are people taking their Infinity G35 badges off the car and rebadging it either SKYLINE (which it isn't) or worse yet, NISSAN?

Please don't tell me that all of the Lexus SC430 owners are rebadging their cars "Toyota"! Or BMW owners want to rebadge their cars Range Rover (which BMW was more than happy to dump).

I ask this question only from the standpoint that if someone sees my car and another one "rebadged" NISSAN that mine will look cheaper in their eyes. And we all know that these cars are about ego, so don't tell me you don't care.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:38 AM
I think the same thing everytime I see one.

But id rather see that than the occasional bright yellow NOS seat covers and blue NOS floor mats from autozone. Or worse yet...fast and furrious steering wheel covers. Trust me guys...I see all kinds of horrible things done to these badass cars.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:41 AM
it's called JDM

Old 03-13-2005, 02:51 AM
yo! read up on ur sh*t before u start talkin it. these cars ARE the american (USDM) versions of the Japanese (JDM) SKYLINE 350GT's by NISSAN! before u start dissin people, know ur sh*t! and wat the background is behind ur car.

and fyi, the NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT badges command way more respect on the street.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by bruces12
Okay, I agree "each to his own". But please explain to me (without quoting me) WHY in the world are people taking their Infinity G35 badges off the car and rebadging it either SKYLINE (which it isn't) or worse yet, NISSAN?

Please don't tell me that all of the Lexus SC430 owners are rebadging their cars "Toyota"! Or BMW owners want to rebadge their cars Range Rover (which BMW was more than happy to dump).

I ask this question only from the standpoint that if someone sees my car and another one "rebadged" NISSAN that mine will look cheaper in their eyes. And we all know that these cars are about ego, so don't tell me you don't care.
I just cringe when I see this. It must be a problem with ***** size.
Or this web sit has nothing to offer anymore.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Duy
"WHY in the world are people taking their Infinity G35 badges off the car and rebadging it either SKYLINE (which it isn't)"

Take a trip to japan and visit a local Nissan dealer and ask them to see a 04 Skyline. No it isnt the GTR34 or 33 or 32 but it is a Skyline without RB26DETT.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by bruces12

lol you better put your flame suit on bud!

Old 03-13-2005, 03:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WHY in the world are people taking their Infinity G35 badges off the car and rebadging it either SKYLINE (which it isn't)
He's right. An Infinity G35 isn't a Skyline. An Infiniti G35, however, is.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:13 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by DiamondG350GT
lol you better put your flame suit on bud!
No flames coming. He ask a great question. Possers with badges Who cares what they think

Old 03-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by geeezus
and fyi, the NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT badges command way more respect on the street.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:18 AM
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
No flames coming. He ask a great question. Possers with badges Who cares what they think
well obviously someone does cause they asked it.

Old 03-13-2005, 04:29 AM
_G_
This car you call an Infiniti G35 is a Nissan Skyline 350GT. No matter how you look at it, our cars are Nissans. The only reason it's considered "luxury" is because of the Infiniti emblems...that's it. Other than that, they are NISSANS!

Some people talk about how swapping to JDM is posing or ricey, I say anybody who wants to keep the Infiniti emblems is posing! Your car isn't any better than a Nissan just because it has the luxurious Infiniti logo. You still paid for a Nissan!

IMO many of us choose to rebadge to Skyline because we are true auto enthusiast. This prestigous line of automtive heritage is nothing to be ashamed of. I've heard many times that rebadging to Nissan is "downgrading" or "cheapening" the car. Last time I checked, owning a SKYLINE is not a downgrade or cheap. Don't be afraid of this sports car's roots...NISSAN SKYLINE!

Old 03-13-2005, 05:07 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
^ true. you get a flashy, good-looking car like the G to get attention in the first place. the skyline has established itself as a highly prestigious sports coupe, so theres nothing degrading about having the emblems and getting some ooh's and ahh's, especially when the car itself is no poser - an identical model exists in japan and retains the famous name.

Old 03-13-2005, 05:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I never understood this rebadging thing either. Personally I did not pay for a Nissan and will not succumb. I guess those who are into being original? are doing it? Also, its about the show scene? My guess is that the majority of people doing it are younger and are into the JDM type thing. I think rebadging is silly, but not as silly as people with Honda Accords putting Type R badges and such because the Japanese skyline really is the American G35.

Old 03-13-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally Posted by Duy
"WHY in the world are people taking their Infinity G35 badges off the car and rebadging it either SKYLINE (which it isn't)"

Take a trip to japan and visit a local Nissan dealer and ask them to see a 04 Skyline. No it isnt the GTR34 or 33 or 32 but it is a Skyline without RB26DETT.
Do you live in Japan? Then it's not a Skyline.
The G35 still demands respect. No need for Nissan or skyline badges.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.