G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The fix for the gas tank issue (Ramsey Infiniti)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile The fix for the gas tank issue (Ramsey Infiniti)

Well, I finally couldn't stand it any longer. I took the beast in this morning for an oil change and the non-filling fuel tank. They just called me to tell me that they ordered parts for the fuel tank. New fuel pump and sending unit. Anxious to see if that fixes the problem.

When he called, he told me he noticed the rattle in the rear. I forgot to mention it this morning. He said they ordered a kit to stop the rattle. Keeping the car overnite so I get to drive the beat up G35 Sedan with 35,000 miles on it. Man, have they beat the crap outa it!

Old 03-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how is ramsey infiniti? you recommend it? i go to englewood and they are pretty much useless.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by gto2050
When he called, he told me he noticed the rattle in the rear. I forgot to mention it this morning. He said they ordered a kit to stop the rattle.
Haha - if a dealership had called me and volunteered to fix something for free, and without me asking...I would have thought they were playing a sick joke on me. That's awesome.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by pointman1
how is ramsey infiniti? you recommend it? i go to englewood and they are pretty much useless.
They have been really good so far. In NJ you don't expect too much from a dealer but they are the best so far.

The other dealership group that gets good reviews is Warnock Automotive. I don't know if they have an Infiniti dealership or not.

At one point, Park Avenue took over the Englewood dealership but I have heard bad things about them. The good guys are gone.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Avoid englewood like the plague. Seriously.

Hey, what was your gas tank issue?

Old 03-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Wouldn't fill beyond 3/4 or 7/8. Sometimes not at all. Really irritating. Apparently, the gas tank filler makes a sharp right hand turn to get to the tank under the back seat. There's a few that have had the problem.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Premier Member

Yeah Mario at Ramsey Infiniti is great. He always does stuff like that. He's called me numerous times and told me there was an issue with my car that he ordered a part for that I didn't know about. I used to go to englewood until they dented my car and I had to complain to them a million times before they fixed it for free.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:36 PM
cool, thanks guys. it looks like i am off to ramsey. park ave is horrible. they smacked up my bumper and didnt want to fix it. employees are all quiting cause it sucks there. no matter what issue i am having, they claim its normal.

i hope ramsey lets me wait while they service my car.

Old 03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
I live in NJ and get everything done by them cause they are not jackasses and they do a amazing job.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:10 AM
There are two fuel tank issues. One is that the fuel gauge dosent read over 3/4 tank. I replace those sending units everyday. Make sure they are replacing both and not just one. Many many times I have replaced the bad sending unit only to have the other go out a few days later. I expressed this problem to infiniti and they ok'd us to change both sending units from now on. Since we have been doing both sending units at the same time we havent had any problems.

The other fuel tank issue is with the gas station pumps shutting off before the tank really is full. Ive never seen this problem myself so I cant comment on it, but it has somthing to do with the filler neck getting a kink in it.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by G35Mechanic
There are two fuel tank issues. One is that the fuel gauge dosent read over 3/4 tank. I replace those sending units everyday. Make sure they are replacing both and not just one. Many many times I have replaced the bad sending unit only to have the other go out a few days later. I expressed this problem to infiniti and they ok'd us to change both sending units from now on. Since we have been doing both sending units at the same time we havent had any problems.

The other fuel tank issue is with the gas station pumps shutting off before the tank really is full. Ive never seen this problem myself so I cant comment on it, but it has somthing to do with the filler neck getting a kink in it.
Does this affect the 05 model?

Old 03-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Tyson_Junkers
I live in NJ and get everything done by them cause they are not jackasses and they do a amazing job.
"them" who?

Old 03-30-2005, 01:10 AM
Ive only seen the 05's come in for their first services. But its likely that it can exist in the 05's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The fix for the gas tank issue (Ramsey Infiniti)