G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got a ticket! Info Wrong!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get a lawyer. Simple as that. I'd say you've got a 80% chance or better of getting off with a fine and no points if you bring a lawyer. I say 80% cause sometimes judges/DAs are in a particularly pissy mood, and can take it out on you.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Dont care if I had to pay triple the fine personally. As long as I could get off without any points. NJ probably has to be the worst. 1-14 over is a 2 point ticket and about a hundred dollar fine. Just scary to know that you can get 2 points for going a single MPH over the limit, allthough the cop would have to be a pretty big **** for that. My buddy got a 2-point ticket, and I belive he said that he went to court and got off with paying double the fine, and no points.

Old 03-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah,

MI laws are pretty strict, but the cops usually don't stop you here unless you're doing at least 8 over, in my experience.

I think that I will just end up going to the informal hearing and requesting leniency. If I get it, I pay the fine, but do not receive any points.

Thanks again.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm with you, i'd be looking for a way out of the ticket. However, I believe you can't get away with the wrong address thing. If he put the wrong plate number or somethign like that, then the judge would throw it out. However, wrong address won't get you out of it in my opinion.

If you are looking for a way to get out of the ticket, what I usually do is delay the crap out of it, here in NYC each delay is like 4-5 months leeway depending.. sometimes longer. And we are allowed to do this twice. So by the time the third date arrives, the officer does not show up anyway.

Good luck.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wrong info will not automatically dismiss the case. Likely, the judge will ask if it was you who was driving and received the ticekt. As long as you confirm that you were the driver and the vehicle was the one invovled, then the judge probably won't dismiss the case. You'ld basically have to tell the judge it wasn't you, but I don't think he'd find you credible as it at least has your old address and the other info is likely to be correct. I would not recommend lying in court. You are under oath and subject to being convicted of perjury if you do.

As far as points guys, don't compare points from different states. The point systems vary from state to state.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
You still need to pay the fine. Sorry bro.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by CKwik
Wrong info will not automatically dismiss the case. Likely, the judge will ask if it was you who was driving and received the ticekt. As long as you confirm that you were the driver and the vehicle was the one invovled, then the judge probably won't dismiss the case. You'ld basically have to tell the judge it wasn't you, but I don't think he'd find you credible as it at least has your old address and the other info is likely to be correct. I would not recommend lying in court. You are under oath and subject to being convicted of perjury if you do.

As far as points guys, don't compare points from different states. The point systems vary from state to state.
True that, I got a ticket 4 months ago doing 81 in a 50 (thought it was 65) and the cop wrote that I was driving a 2001 Infiniti G35. I thought about pleading not guilty (which I always do anyway to get the amount reduced) on the grounds that my car was a 2004... then I realized "I'm sending the ticket in that a cop physically handed to me... how could it not have been me?!" Sorry man, you gotta pay...

You're not going in front of a jury and the closest you'll likely get to the courtroom is a meeting with a district attorney. In my experience, the only way you can go in front of an actual judge at this point is if you are not satisfied with the deal the DA has offered you. I've alwaus been satisfied.