G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pics of '05 DG with Stone Int.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of '05 DG with Stone Int.

Here are some pictures I promised for you guys who are waiting patiently for their DG/ with stone interior coupes. To me I believe this is the best combo of colors. Its been a week and so far Im amazed of how smooth the car drives with the 18's, the ride quality between the 18's and 19's are noticable. The 19's give a more harsher ride over bumps and you can defintely hear a lot more tire noise. Besides I chose the 18's because I couldnt stand the look of those 19's, they were way to busy for me. The 18's looks way more sporty in my opinion as stock goes. Anyways I will shut up now and here are some pics. One question, is Im on my second tank of gas and is 16.7 MPG normal with mostly city driving? and how can I make my noisy wiper blades less noisy considering they are brand new?

Attached Thumbnails Pics of '05 DG with Stone Int.-car-001.jpg   Pics of '05 DG with Stone Int.-car-002.jpg   Pics of '05 DG with Stone Int.-car-008.jpg   Pics of '05 DG with Stone Int.-car-009.jpg   Pics of '05 DG with Stone Int.-car-004.jpg  

Old 03-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm waiting for mine... it comes over in 14 days to my dealer... cna't wait!!!

Thanks for the pics. I'm stoked. How is the navigation? I haven't gotten to play with the one at the dealer yet. I got the same as you but 6MT and w/ the XM. No spoiler is hot

Old 03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks, the Nav i can say is OK definitely can be improved on. The TSX Nav i formerly had was way more user friendly with the touch screen and easier to follow directions. Other than that it blows TSX out of the water. Yeah I got the Delphi2 portable which is nice. I prefer the llok of the coupe without the spoiler very clean.

Old 03-31-2005, 02:02 PM
How well does that phone holder work? Since I didn't get NAV I've been putting my phone in the upper cubby hole, but I keep forgetting to grab it when I get out.

I just got to my 2nd tank yesterday, with about 50/50 city/highway I got 19.6mpg on the first tank. From what I've read MPG tends to go up after the break-in is over so 16mpg isn't too terrible.

Old 03-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Very nice! I'm about to make a purchase with the same setup as you too but black interior. I bet you're enjoying yourself! Man i can't wait.

Old 03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by benbo5
Here are some pictures I promised for you guys who are waiting patiently for their DG/ with stone interior coupes. To me I believe this is the best combo of colors. Its been a week and so far Im amazed of how smooth the car drives with the 18's, the ride quality between the 18's and 19's are noticable. The 19's give a more harsher ride over bumps and you can defintely hear a lot more tire noise. Besides I chose the 18's because I couldnt stand the look of those 19's, they were way to busy for me. The 18's looks way more sporty in my opinion as stock goes. Anyways I will shut up now and here are some pics. One question, is Im on my second tank of gas and is 16.7 MPG normal with mostly city driving? and how can I make my noisy wiper blades less noisy considering they are brand new?
Ahhh...Yeah the stone interior is real nice. I have the same setup. The only issue I have is that it looks A LOT like the tan interior when you look in from the front. I had people ask me why I went with Tan leather?! That is until I open my door and show them. Also, the tan interior ceiling and pillars dont match well. If they had the stone a little darker grey it would be so money. Looks great though...I think it looks classier then black.

Old 03-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 6MT is at the dealer waiting for me to pick it up (I'm currently out of town). So, is the stone color closer to grey or tan? I've seen pictures where the leather looks tan, but I've also seen pictures where the leather looks really grey. What gives?

Old 03-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by cgocifer
My 6MT is at the dealer waiting for me to pick it up (I'm currently out of town). So, is the stone color closer to grey or tan? I've seen pictures where the leather looks tan, but I've also seen pictures where the leather looks really grey. What gives?
hmm I guess it depends on the lighting. it's not as grey as the BMW's really light colored grey leather interior and in some lights, you're right, it looks kinda beige.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Oh man, that doesn't really go with a silver car if in fact it is kinda beige. What was the interior design guy/gal thinking? I hope it looks somewhat decent. Well, here is a picture of a stone interior that looks really grey.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/749115

Last edited by cgocifer; 04-01-2005 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:26 AM
hmmm...IMO bout Stone. Infiniti didn't do it right. The stone does look more beige then grey. That's why I really wasn't impressed at all. I went with black, cause its still the best interior color IMO. Like someone said, if the Stone interior were more grey, and had darker floor carpets, then I won't mind at all about getting the two tone Stone interior. The Stone on the new M series kick *** though =)

Old 04-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Oh man, that doesn't really go with a silver car if in fact it is kinda beige. What was the interior design guy/gal thinking? I hope it looks somewhat decent. Well, here is a picture of a stone interior that looks really grey.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/749115
It looks grey when you sit in it but when you look in from the outside it looks tan. That is my take on the whole thing. To be honest though, I havent been able to look at it much in the sun cause I work so much. Only time I get to drive it is usually at night . To top it off it has been raining on the weekends!

Old 04-01-2005, 09:45 AM
I dont see how people can say stone looks beige, there is no way. Even from the outside it appears grey. Just take a look at the beige interior coupe there is no comparison. Besides when you sit inside the grey it definitely stands out. Dont worry you will be happy with it. Also the tan interior is girly for the G baby...!

Old 04-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Ok, now that I have the car, here is my impression: The stone looks awesome! Through the windows, there is a slight beige hue (very slight) due to the window glass distorting the color. However, when you open the door, it is grey, very grey. It looks totally awesome with DG and the aluminum accents! Classy, stylish, modern, refined, and refreshing.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:01 PM
I agree with you totally Cgocifer, you made a wonderful choice on the combo. DG is definitely the most classy out of the colors.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok, now that I have the car, here is my impression: The stone looks awesome! Through the windows, there is a slight beige hue (very slight) due to the window glass distorting the color. However, when you open the door, it is grey, very grey. It looks totally awesome with DG and the aluminum accents! Classy, stylish, modern, refined, and refreshing.
how the heck did you find one with no premium? man you must've gotten a killer deal on that too!!! nice.