G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Passenger window issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger window issues

Hi guys,

Today, when I tried to lower my passenger window (I always click it so it goes all the way down) it didn't go down at all, I thought maybe my passenger window was on LOCK, but no luck either way. Granted it has been a hot day, dunno if that has anything to do w/ it... after trying it a few more times while driving down the street, it went down, but STAGGERING down... then after a few tries it went down smooth....

Now the passenger window has always been a bit slower than the driver's window, I always thought it was probably cuz of maybe a bit thick of tint on the passenger side...

My question is... will the dealership cover this under warranty? And will it presist afterwards?

Thanks

Old 04-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would think the dealer would cover this, as it sounds like the motor that is running that window is just about shot...

Old 04-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks! The motor just died acutally, I can't roll the window up, I had it down (not smart) and it died on me... is there a way to manually roll it up? I have an appointment w/ the dealership on MONDAY... that's about 3 days from now, I really need to have my windows up for safety issues, any ideas?

Thanks

Old 04-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dennis_said
Thanks! The motor just died acutally, I can't roll the window up, I had it down (not smart) and it died on me... is there a way to manually roll it up? I have an appointment w/ the dealership on MONDAY... that's about 3 days from now, I really need to have my windows up for safety issues, any ideas?

Thanks
Sorry to hear, and no, I don't know a way to manually roll them up. Maybe call the dealer and ask? Check the manual?

Old 04-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Window motors have had issues. I had my passenger window die this winter...fortunately I didn't continue to try to roll it down and just left it up.

No way that I am aware of to put it up manually though...

Old 04-15-2005, 12:59 PM
this just happened to me about two weeks ago. the dealer will definitely cover it, and it only takes about two hours to fix. i was worried when it happened, but it was no big deal at all to get fixed.

as far as getting your window up...pull up on the window button, and tap the door panel, right in the middle at the same time. the window will come up, but leave it up until you get it fixed.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by protocav
as far as getting your window up...pull up on the window button, and tap the door panel, right in the middle at the same time. the window will come up, but leave it up until you get it fixed.
i've heard this will at least get your window up. just make a fist and bang right in the middle of the interior of the door, above the armrest.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:56 PM
I used to work for the US version of the company that makes the Window Regulators for Nissan. If the motor is bad, the only way to get the window back up is to take the panel off and maually push the window up whilte trying to turn the drum that the cables wrap around. Not sure why the motors would be bad. Usually we found that the friction from the door sashes (glass rails) was too much, and the glass was too heavy from what the torque used to design the motor. The friction from the sashes may be the reason that banging the inner door panel will "break" the glass lose so it can be rolled up again.

Old 04-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Mad eyed G
Originally Posted by jayco
i've heard this will at least get your window up. just make a fist and bang right in the middle of the interior of the door, above the armrest.
I thought I was the only one that did that!! haha

yeah, my passenger side window is shot as well. It only goes up/down when it feels like it... and get this.. both sides have been replaced before. Oh well. I have to punch the middle of the door to get it to roll back up. humiliating when you have a girl in the car with you.

Old 04-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Read my post (two up from here)

Get service to order glass sashes/rails to see that will help.