G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just got my G!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my G!

Heya guys, been a member for a while, but I just got my G on Saturday. Sorry I didn't post sooner but I've been too busy driving and had a car show on Sunday (got a good story on it but thats for another thread). But anywho, I'll get some pics up asap. Already started the mods, and though its not super big, I already shaved my emblems, which cleaned up the rear nicely. Oh ya, its an 05 5AT in DG with graphite interior and basically everything you can put on it but the full aero kit (the one with front lip spoiler and all). Enjoying the heck out of it so far, really glad with my decision to go with it. Been all since I drove it off the lot!

Old 04-18-2005, 11:53 PM
gtr proto test driver
congrats, dont be afriad of asking questons around here these guys really know the g35 inside and out

Old 04-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Shadow on the new ride. I stay west of atlanta not too far from birmingham. Any time you need anything or just some advice hit me up. I come to the track over there in Steele, AL every once in a while.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Gangster Member
time to turn that VDC off and test the sucker

Old 04-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Mazel Tov Shadow, dont put to many miles on it !

Old 04-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forums

Now, get to work on those pics

Old 04-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Sorry it took so long, but I finally got a pic of it lol. I promise more to come, I've just been swamped with projects at school with the semester coming to an end here in a couple weeks.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Just curious how you guys still in college can afford a 35,000 dollar car. Especially with the job market the way it is currently. I mean, nothing can really guarantee a high paying job directly out of school can it? Job security is something else I would be concerned about if I had a civilian job. No disrespect, just curious.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm 22 now and going to graduate in December, but I've had my real estate license since I was 19. Having grown up in a real estate family has afforded me many opportunities, and I do consider myself lucky, not in a boastful sort of way though, if that makes sense, because I know that it could all be gone just as quick and easily or possibly easier than it was attained.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:34 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by cgocifer
Just curious how you guys still in college can afford a 35,000 dollar car. Especially with the job market the way it is currently. I mean, nothing can really guarantee a high paying job directly out of school can it? Job security is something else I would be concerned about if I had a civilian job. No disrespect, just curious.
It's not ALL about a high paying job, you don't need to make 6 figures to afford a $40,000 car. It has to do with how you set your priorities. I'd rather drive an Infiniti and sacrifice the weekly shopping sprees than drive a POS and spend every weekend at the mall or on the bar stool. I don't understand why everyone has to guilt trip us the younger members for spending our money on a car, even though I agree it's not a super smart decision to do so. The guy has been a member since Jan 03, that should mean he's been wanting and waiting to get this car for a WHILE.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
It's not ALL about a high paying job, you don't need to make 6 figures to afford a $40,000 car. It has to do with how you set your priorities. I'd rather drive an Infiniti and sacrifice the weekly shopping sprees than drive a POS and spend every weekend at the mall or on the bar stool. I don't understand why everyone has to guilt trip us the younger members for spending our money on a car, even though I agree it's not a super smart decision to do so. The guy has been a member since Jan 03, that should mean he's been wanting and waiting to get this car for a WHILE.

Couldn't have said it better, young people work hard too, just let it be.

Congrats, you have good taste, but your missing the front lip lol

Old 04-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Dude, relax! I think I specifically stated that I meant no disrespect. I was just curious how some can do it. I have waited my entire life and worked my a** off to finally be able to afford a car like this. Actually, most of my inspiration has come from my love for cars, and my aspirations to own them. I too sacrifice shopping sprees, nights out, trips, and etc. to afford my toys. I'm glad for those who can experience the joys of automobiles at younger ages.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:54 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by cgocifer
Dude, relax! I think I specifically stated that I meant no disrespect. I was just curious how some can do it. I have waited my entire life and worked my a** off to finally be able to afford a car like this. Actually, most of my inspiration has come from my love for cars, and my aspirations to own them. I too sacrifice shopping sprees, nights out, trips, and etc. to afford my toys. I'm glad for those who can experience the joys of automobiles at younger ages.
I'm not a dude, but it's okay I didn't find your post disrespectful by any means, if anything it makes complete sense to me. All I was trying to explain is that we don't always do what's the most reasonable thing to do, whether we're young or not. If I were to give advice to another peer of mine, I certainly wouldn't suggest spending 40k on a car right out of college, but I did it myself anyway I'm under the impression that a lot of the younger members get negative comments about being spoiled/parents buying them the car/not investing their money wisely/not deserving the car, and so on. That's not the way we should really welcome them to this site... No hard feelings, sorry if my post sounded too harsh

Old 04-28-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm not a dude, but it's okay I didn't find your post disrespectful by any means, if anything it makes complete sense to me. All I was trying to explain is that we don't always do what's the most reasonable thing to do, whether we're young or not. If I were to give advice to another peer of mine, I certainly wouldn't suggest spending 40k on a car right out of college, but I did it myself anyway I'm under the impression that a lot of the younger members get negative comments about being spoiled/parents buying them the car/not investing their money wisely/not deserving the car, and so on. That's not the way we should really welcome them to this site... No hard feelings, sorry if my post sounded too harsh
Sorry for the Dude comment, I use it in a unisex fashion since I am writing to a name with no face. I've made plenty of emotional purchases over the years that probably weren't the best decision, but cars and motorcycles are definitely my weekness. I know what it's like, it is just difficult for me to comprehend that there are others out there that are just as much or more car crazy than me ;-)

Old 04-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Lookin good, congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.