G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone ever driven a WRX Sti or Lancer EVO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a modified 2002 WRX with lots of goodies (basically an STi killer) I absolutely loved it and think that Subaru OWNS all-wheel drive!! The only thing that got me to sell my WRX was that I am getting old and wanted luxory.

Here are pix of my WRX...so far the best car I've ever owned! I plan on having fun with the G35 and will hopefully tune it up to outperform my last beast

Old 04-25-2005, 05:36 PM
DTR
Originally Posted by Highlife
Regarding creature comforts, only Americans complain about stereos and the size and design of cupholders! Some people even refuse to purchase a car because of these two things. A German guy on a show about the Autobahn commented on the US's lack of true enjoyment for driving cars. He said that Germans couldn't understand why someone would want too talk on a mobile phone while driving, cause it takes away from the experience. I agree!
Well its more than just cup holders and stereo's. I find that creature comforts also constitute refinements and subtle comforts in my opinion. I have driven both cars extensively and own a wrx... while the interior is pretty good in the WRX/STi for what kind of car it is, there is an immediate notice of lack of refinements. As I said though, Subaru gets the job done pretty well on the interior for what their cars are, but I am thoroughly dissapointed by the Evo's interior.
Either way though, the cars were not made to have a nice interior. They are made to be agressive and nimble super-sport sedans... and they do just that.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
DTR
Originally Posted by wckdg35
I had a modified 2002 WRX with lots of goodies (basically an STi killer) I absolutely loved it and think that Subaru OWNS all-wheel drive!! The only thing that got me to sell my WRX was that I am getting old and wanted luxory.

Here are pix of my WRX...so far the best car I've ever owned! I plan on having fun with the G35 and will hopefully tune it up to outperform my last beast

Great looking WRX man... I have been debating to upgrade the stock turbo for a long time now.. the stock turbo is pretty much max'd out with where I am at right now, and my last pass was a 13.3@100mph on stock turbo... I really want 12's, but that is not possible unless I upgrade.

What turbo were you running?

Old 04-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by DTR
Great looking WRX man... I have been debating to upgrade the stock turbo for a long time now.. the stock turbo is pretty much max'd out with where I am at right now, and my last pass was a 13.3@100mph on stock turbo... I really want 12's, but that is not possible unless I upgrade.

What turbo were you running?
Thanks! I ran a VF34 with TurboXS FMIC, vishnu uppipe, vishnu piping, mrt turboback w/ downpipe and had a ECUTek (tuned) after all parts were installed. The car was AWESOME!!! Just couldn't afford to own that and the G35 But it's in good hands now

Old 04-25-2005, 06:00 PM
SUD
My Subaru is still stitting in my garage, waiting to be returned off lease this weekend.

My G35 just arrived Saturday.

I am happy with my choice to go with the G35, but I also thoroughly enjoyed my Subaru.

Their looks aren't great, and I really don't like the huge wing, but I received plenty of compliments and they aren't horrid looking, IMO. Just wanted a little more refinement

They are bulletproof. I could PUNISH that car. It has tremendous performance and will crush any stock G35. Excellent...actually, superb handling. Perhaps a bit rougher ride than my G, but not much since I am riding 19s. The comments on wind are accurate. They get buffeted around a bit at highspeed.

AWD is awesome. I live in the frozen North, plenty of snow, and I drove that car 365 days a year in extreme weather conditions ie: 2 feet of snow. Never had a problem. Car would start everytime in -30 degrees. I never had any issues with this car on daily commute or long distance 500+ mile drives. Four doors, more trunk space, easy in and out. In many ways this car actually provides more benefit than the G in comfort...assuming the extra space, 4 doors etc factors into your comfort equation.

Not as nice interior as my G, not as much refinement, I'd rather cruise in the G than the Sub. Definately nowhere near the gorgeous lines of the G.

So, I am gonna miss the Sub...especially in winter. But I love the G. I only wish they made the Coupe in AWD

SUD

Old 04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by DTR
I thought that you were considering getting rid of your WRX in favor of a Maxima or something else....?

Old 04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
DTR
Originally Posted by Rayfield
I thought that you were considering getting rid of your WRX in favor of a Maxima or something else....?
eh, I was going to but I been really considering against that lately. I called my bank and found out I owe less on my wrx than I thought and it only seems sensible to keep it for now......

I ran into a bit of money recently, and am FIGHTING the temptation like nothing else on earth not to talk myself into test driving another 03' 6MT G35c
being in school it is a horrible financial decision, but then agains so is upgrading my turbo. I am really trying to not upgrade the turbo and hold off on a G35c until after college.....

Old 04-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by DTR
I ran into a bit of money recently, and am FIGHTING the temptation like nothing else on earth not to talk myself into test driving another 03' 6MT G35c
being in school it is a horrible financial decision, but then agains so is upgrading my turbo. I am really trying to not upgrade the turbo and hold off on a G35c until after college.....
[Evil Grin] You KNOW you want it....it's that girl friend of yours, isn't it?....She's starting to wear the pants in the "family".....she won't let you have it, will she?.....But YOU know that you want a G....and it wants you too, Donnie...[/Evil Grin]

I know, I'm a bad friend...

Old 04-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Highlife
Regarding creature comforts, only Americans complain about stereos and the size and design of cupholders! Some people even refuse to purchase a car because of these two things. A German guy on a show about the Autobahn commented on the US's lack of true enjoyment for driving cars. He said that Germans couldn't understand why someone would want too talk on a mobile phone while driving, cause it takes away from the experience. I agree!
Germans are also not limited to 70mph on their highways like we are. And being in the southeast is also even less fun, we have no mountain ranges or slopy roads. In these situations, having all the little creature comforts is where the driving experience comes from.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by clemens9
Germans are also not limited to 70mph on their highways like we are. And being in the southeast is also even less fun, we have no mountain ranges or slopy roads. In these situations, having all the little creature comforts is where the driving experience comes from.
Where are you in the southeast? North Carolina's got some great mountain driving...

Old 04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Where are you in the southeast? North Carolina's got some great mountain driving...
Florida

Old 04-25-2005, 09:57 PM
DTR
[Evil Grin] You KNOW you want it....it's that girl friend of yours, isn't it?....She's starting to wear the pants in the "family".....she won't let you have it, will she?.....But YOU know that you want a G....and it wants you too, Donnie...[/Evil Grin]

I know, I'm a bad friend...
bahahahahaha...

we will see.... this summer

Old 04-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Talking The Real STi Killer

Originally Posted by wckdg35

This was my STI, Vette, Mustang and all purpose slayer!!! I had an Sti block w/ wrx heads, STi cams, vf 22, UTEC, and APS 650 Stealth Black front mount, running 19 PSI on pump, and 23 PSI w/ Race gas.......

This was the reason for the Sti short block!!!

Last edited by speedygp; 04-26-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Very Nice!!! I do miss my WRX at times

Old 04-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Wow, we have a number of guys that have come over from WRX's. I don't feel so lonely anymore...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever driven a WRX Sti or Lancer EVO?