G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer want $629 from me for 30000 service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer want $629 from me for 30000 service

I just brought a used 03 G35C Auto with 35000 miles on it. I just brought it to Neillo Infiniti today for my windows warrenty service. and the rep told me that I need to do a 30000 miles service and they want $629. They told me if I don't do it, my car will not last very long. Even I told them I already replace all brake and the tires from the dealer that I got the car from, they told me if I don't need the brake and tires service. They can give me a $39 off. they still want almost $600 from me?! Here are what they said they will do for that service.

*Oil Change + Oil Filter
*New Oil Drain Plug
*New Microfilter for A/C
*New Air Filter
*Flush all fluids and replace with new
*Auto Transmission Fluid
*Rotate and Balance tires
*Few other minor adjustments

Have anybody done their 30000 service before. and I wondering how much are you guys paying. do I need to bring it to the dealer. The Rep told me the delaer is the ONLY one that can do it since you need a special tool to change the auto trans fluid. What should I do guys. I love my G and I want it to last!! any suggestion? I live in Bay Area CA. any good place to bring your G35 for serivce?
Thanks in advance people

Last edited by eddie914; 05-04-2005 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Gangster Member
^^^ go a reliable mechanic, he will do it for twice and less and order genuine parts, dont ever go to a stealership

Old 05-04-2005, 01:24 AM
you do not have to have the service done at an infiniti dealership. try a quote from a nissan dealership or a reputable mechanic.

i see automatic transmission flush in there... is that something that was changed later on? my '05 service manual says the automatic fluid never needs to be replaced.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:31 AM
I just got mine done for $400 Cdn, which is half of US$629

You might want to shop around, while quoting this as a bargaining chip.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:09 AM
DON'T DO IT!!! It sounds like a dealer scam, they sound like they're full of sh*t. The coupe can't get tire rotation. The other services you can do it yourself and buy your own genuine parts. I do all my own services according the owners manual's recommended miles. Don't get rip off!!!

Old 05-04-2005, 02:31 AM
I didn't do the 30,000 mile service. I looked at the list of things they do and a lot of it is just plain inspections and useless things. I didn't want to pay 300$ to have some guy just look at the damn hoses in my car when I can just open up the hood and take a look myself. I just had them do the various filter changes and oil change. The total came out to around 140$ instead of 300$. The service package is pretty much a way to get people that have no desire to look into their car's hood to feel like maintenance of the car is all taken care of when all they did was take a look at things for a few minutes.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Would that be Neillo in Concord CA? I bought my 05 coupe from them. They aren't trying to screw you, they are just extremely overpriced for service (like most/all dealers). As for the tire thing, they re-balance the tires on the coupes since they can't rotate, but its a standard service form, so the bonehead in the service office will just say it the wrong way anyway.

I have been a garage mechanic for 10 years building cars from the ground up, but after spending a crap-load on this car, i figured I would let them do their BS inspections for a little while that way when I sell it the buyer will think it is worth more.

But in all honesty, you can do all the required service and "inspections" yourself.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:04 AM
ur car is freakin Japanese fool = maintenence free!! To tell you the truth, if you really wanted...you can just say F all the 30k/60k/90k bs and drive w/nothing but oil changes every 5k. Your car will still last 150k or more. Why? because it's japanese!!! My mom's ghetto toyota previa (that god forbid we still have -_-) has nothing but oil changes for maintenence. Check this: 140k miles running strong. Only thing ever fixed was rear suspension. You don't need all these services unless your car says BMW on it. (Our 330ci has been back to the shop 4x since we bought it ) Anyways my point...you don't even really NEED to do these maintenences nonetheless do them at stealerships

Old 05-04-2005, 04:47 AM
I'd forego the tire rotation and change both filters myself (piece of cake). Also, definitely go to another dealership if possible.

Old 05-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Infiniti seems to suggest an auto tranny flush at 30k miles
Seems kinda early and at 10 dollars a qt and 10 qts required, Im not too keen on jumping on that service

You guys think its really necessary at 30k?

Old 05-04-2005, 05:37 AM
Question

Thank all you guys for those useful reply , I am thinking about going to other mechanic shop or even do it myself. but the question is do I really need to do those- carbin filter change, fuel filter change or auto tranny fuel change??do you guys think its really necessary at 35k? if I really want to do it myself, is it hard, is there's any instruction our there on the web?

Old 05-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the list you provided the only thing I'd let them do is the Tranny flush. With the type of charge they're applying you can get a Tranny flush with the OEM Fluid, oil change and a new Front lip spoiler. Say No thanks. Your car will last as long as you don't trash it. I have a 1998 Dodge Avenger that has recieved nothing but oil changes from the day I drove it off the lot. It now has 110k miles with no problem. I went to the dealer for a tune-up. I was amazed I didn't slap anyone in there. They priced the tune-up for a DODGE at $600. I told them to have my car ready to go in 10 minutes. What really pissed me off is they charged me $90 just to take a look at it. Dealers want to make money. I don't care if I have platinum plugs and they have to take off the head. I was pissed. Don't be a fool. They can not void you warrenty for not going to a dealership for service.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
I don't think you need the AT flush at 30k miles. The AT flush is the only thing I would only trust the Infiniti dealer to do, the other stuff you can do yourself or have a trusted mechanic do it.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:11 AM
I just have them do stuff ala carte if it is in for other items, oiil changem thay have a flat $40, the rear diff fluid was a quote of $89 but charged at $69. I'l probably have them change the manual tran fluid the next time I'm in 32K miles. You can do the cabin filter yourself. The odd thing is when I brought the car in for service once they tried to sell me on the service that included tire rotation when I had staggered snows on the car that were on for two weeks (new tires), they didn't really push the issue when I mentioned it. Do what you can yourself and have the other items individually done as needed.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:59 AM
My dealer just quoted me $639.00 and called it 'a major service' that takes at least 5-6 hours to complete. Make sure you shop around as another local dealer quoted me $379 - what a difference!!

This is what the $639 quote includes (looks liek there are some scams on this list):
engine oil and filter,
replace the automatic transmission fluid - not needed for me (6mt)
replace differential oil,
replace the engine air filter - not needed (K&N)
replace the engine coolant and flush the system,
replace the drive belts - what is this??
replace in-cabin micro filter
replace radiator cap - why?
replace transfer case oil
replace wiper inserts,
rotate tires,
check-rest tire pressures.

In addition we also inspect the following all lights,axle & suspension parts, brake lines and cables, brake calipers, pads,rotors, check the cruise control vacuum hoses, drive shaft boots, exhaust system, front suspension ball joints, fuel lines/connections, fuel tank vapor vent system hoses, headlights/adjust if necessary, check the sterring
gear and linkage and ball joints.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer want $629 from me for 30000 service