G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

GRINDING PROBLEM in CALIFORNIA Need to find dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 05:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GRINDING PROBLEM in CALIFORNIA Need to find dealer

hey guys,

i have the grinding problem when going into third and i have about 5600 miles on my g35 coupe. Im pretty mad about it obviously. But i took my car to tustin infiniti in tustin, ca (southern california) and they tell me they know nothing about the problem and wont fix it unless i replicate it. The thing is i cant get it to act up in front of them. is there a dealer in California that you guys know of that is aware of the issue? someone who will actually change this tranny out because they know its a problem? i wish it would replicate in front of them, but thats my luck i guess. Please give me some dealer names ANYWHERE in cali that know of this problem. Thanks guys!

shaam

Old 06-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Re: GRINDING PROBLEM in CALIFORNIA Need to find dealer

tell your dealer to stop being so ignorant to the world and get off their asses and call around to some other dealers.

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 06-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regardless of the dealer, it needs to exhibit the symptoms in front of them before they can do anything about it. Intermittent problems suck.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 06-04-2003, 10:50 AM

Best way to reciprocate the problem is to let the car just sit for a few hours so the tranny cools down. So you can either have them try to reciporcate it or leave it at the dealer for a while until the car is cold.

And before anyone comes in here who thinks this happens only to bad stick drivers - I used to think the same thing till it started happening to me...and the more I read about it, the more it looks like a widespread tranny problem. Apparently a lot of Z owners are seeing problems with it also. I am very careful about my shifts (I NEVER shift without clutch fully disengaged) so I know it's not driver error.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:58 AM

I am having the same problem into 3rd and 6th...and it's not the driver...I can promise you that...I've been driving stick all my life. But much like Slickest...I know they're not going to do anything until it gets bad enough where it's happening all the time.

Slickest...I bought my G up there in Tustin...live down in SD...let me know if you find a dealer that will take care of you.

"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
- Homer Simpson

Old 06-04-2003, 07:33 PM

thanks so far for the replies, but unfortunately it seems like no one has had a problem here in southern cali or knows of a dealer here who can take care of me. If anyone finds something out with a dealer ANYWHERE in california, it would be extremely helpful. thanks guys!

shaam

Old 06-05-2003, 02:51 PM

slick something's not working on this site. e mail me at gw1@mail.com. I have some ideas if you haven't received my latest pm about 1250pdt today.

BONDg35c

Trending Topics

Old 06-05-2003, 02:57 PM

I had this problem with one of my previous cars and my dealer said the same thing so I took the highway, went up to 100mph, put the shifter 1/2 way in second gear, let go of the clutch very slowly to make sure the gear doesn't actually go in and let it grind.

Then they will fix it.

Old 06-06-2003, 05:05 AM

yea, i thought about faking it just so it grinds, but i dont feel right doing that. Im going to keep trying to replicate this problem, but it seriously is taking up a lot of my time going to the dealer hoping it grinds. thanks so far for the input and if anyone has anything else to add, go for it.

shaam

Old 06-06-2003, 10:01 AM

I was driving this morning going about 50...pushed the clutch in and tried to just see if I could slip it into 6th (with the clutch still pressed in) and it grinded every time.

- Homer Simpson

Old 06-07-2003, 07:16 AM

thats pretty interesting...is there a way we can send all of these grinding threads to infiniti headquarters or something of that nature so they are aware of the problem with g35 coupes? i dont know...im just trying to see how to take this to the next level..

Old 06-10-2003, 02:52 PM

Slickest (and anyone else concerned),

Took my coupe in this morning to get the grease streaks fixed and the TSB on the brake sensor fixed...told them about the tranny...they were hesitant to believe me and he said I was the first that he's heard of to complain about it...I walked him out there and started the car...pushed the clutch in and put it in 6th...grinded every time. Just got off the phone with them...they're ordering me a new tranny...they'll replace it when it gets here. FYI...this was at Discover Infiniti in Escondido.

- Homer Simpson