G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Trading my G35 for SLK350, who would?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm. . .

I had an Evo VIII GSR in Silver around the time they first came out. I had an HKS Racing Suction kit, TurboXS BOV, Boost Controller, APEXI Fuel Controller, GReddy Turbo Back Exhaust, and an Autometer boost guage. If you're looking for blistering speed, get one. But, according to MotorTrend the new STI is better than the Evo IX MR that is comming. And it's cheaper. It's really personal preference. They both have the same motors. 4G63 in the Evo, as usual. Now the STI encorporates a drag efficient spoiler, similar to the Evo's vortex generators on the roof. It's just a smaller additional wing on the STI, however. Nevertheless it provides cleaner air for the larger spoiler, thus more downforce. I think about an additional 50lbs per 5 mph. I want the G35 though, I like some luxury these days. Evo's and STI's are too spartan. And well. . . If the GT-R is all it's cracked up to be, I'll consider it. But as far as I'm concerned that sequential 7-speed w/ autostick sounds gay. I refuse to drive anything without a good-old manual gearbox. And if I was looking for speed, I'd go with the Z06 Corvette which will annihilate the GT-R and is cheaper.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would trade my g for
06 bmw 650i coupe
comes with 360 hp now
0-60 5.2

Old 11-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Tell me. . .

How do you guys like your G35s? Anyone with an 06?

Old 11-05-2005, 05:26 PM
I would go for the SLK, but how about CLK? When I got my G, I was looking for CLK. But, ended up with my G~

Old 11-05-2005, 06:08 PM
those new m5s seem nice

Old 11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
i dont like mercedes...
everyone i know says the reliability has been terrible with theirs. the new slk is nice but i dont htink it compares to the G, i love it.

if you have 50k ide say trade in the G and get teh M3, whoc ares ifa new ones coming out, i like the old 3-series styling better

Old 11-05-2005, 07:07 PM
I like that car. I found an 05 CLK 500 with 9K miles for $48K, and I talked the dealer down to a little over $42. Im about to do this trade myself.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:12 PM
SLK are probably the ugliest Benz's ever designed, both the new and old body styles IMHO. If i had to trade the G and go up, i would definately get a M3, if you wanted to stay in the coupe style or if you want to go sedan i would prob go with E Class Benz.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by GRider35c
imho, SLK is for ladies, or "lady-like" men...
SLK ... hers
SL....his

Old 11-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by hye_G
SLK are probably the ugliest Benz's ever designed, both the new and old body styles IMHO. If i had to trade the G and go up, i would definately get a M3, if you wanted to stay in the coupe style or if you want to go sedan i would prob go with E Class Benz.
Are you sure, the CLS looks like crap. Too round in a bad way like the ford taurus fiasco.

Old 11-06-2005, 04:06 AM
A buddy of mine has the amg model and man that thing is pure sex on the road, that V-8 has great power and being an auto, the sport mod 7spd is very aggresive. If your going to spend that kind of dough, might as well get the fast one. His is midnight blue and it turns heads everywhere you go.

Old 11-06-2005, 06:08 AM
I saw the older SLK32 AMG dyno, and it put down 290rwhp stock without any mods... I bet SLK55 AMG would only be better, esp. the new ones.

Anyway, SLK350 beats G35 in performance, period. It's a lighter car by far, and this generation has gotten great reviews about its performance. I would trade G if I had money, but just not SLK350... but everyone has different preferences, and I can cerntainly justify yours wanting SLK as the new model is very nice.

M-B has gone downhill in quality a lot... it's a known FACT. I would be careful if I were buying one... I'd rather get a Bimmer if I was looking for a German luxury brand car. M3 cerntainly looks like a wonderful choice here.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by LIUser
i dont like mercedes...
everyone i know says the reliability has been terrible with theirs. the new slk is nice but i dont htink it compares to the G, i love it.

if you have 50k ide say trade in the G and get teh M3, whoc ares ifa new ones coming out, i like the old 3-series styling better
Add me to your list. MB's quality is atrocious, especially when price is considered. Anyone who "moves up" from any Japanese manufactured car to a German car is in for a rude surprise. Audis, BMWs and MBs are the pits. Porsche is better but even they have major problems.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:35 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
I've driven the SLK350 many times and I'd have never traded my G35 for it. I as a girl don't like the girly factor in it. Tsolin01's review is pretty accurate and thorough as far as how the SLK compares to the G. It does feel slightly faster than my 05 6MT, never raced them so I wouldn't know the outcome haha. The G feels sportier, stiffer and the steering is much more responsive, but the SLK is more nimble. I didn't like the manumatic shifter in the SLK either. The SLK is a newer and fresher design, but I like the looks of the G better by a long shot. It's subjective to say it, but the SLK hood looks atrocious, made me wonder if Bangle is designing cars for M-B on the side.

It all boils down to why exactly you want to upgrade. I recently purchased an E46 M3 and I wouldn't trade it for anything if you paid me, it's the most fun car I've ever driven. The SLK doesn't come close, but what's fun to me may not be fun to you. If you want a luxury 2-seater drop-top with a European badge and decent performance, it's a great car, even though if that was what I wanted in a car I'd look into the new Boxster and Cayman too.

Old 11-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
Add me to your list. MB's quality is atrocious, especially when price is considered. Anyone who "moves up" from any Japanese manufactured car to a German car is in for a rude surprise. Audis, BMWs and MBs are the pits. Porsche is better but even they have major problems.
definately, german cars have gone down a crapshoot lately. my dad still has his original bmw 2002 from 1971, runs strong, no problems. my friend with his 330i has brought it in more times then i rememebr bringing in the 2002, and my car had 100k miles on it already, his was brand new. its sad thatdriving a bmw/MB has become mroe of a status than an enthusiast car.

i back up porsche in staying true to what they do except for an automatic gearbox...

i would never give up my G, i had the money for an M3 but not for the insurance or the maintenence probably. i bought teh G for reliability.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trading my G35 for SLK350, who would?