G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Arrrrggghhh...mad!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrrrggghhh...mad!

Ok, it has not been a good weekend for my coupe. First I ran over a nail on the road and brought the car to Inifiniti to possibly patch or plug the leak. They told me that this was not possible because the nail was too near the sidewall. Had a second opinion and they said the same so I had to buy a new tire for $375. They put the tire on and after I got home it noticed this long freaking scratch on my rim. What the "bleep"!!! What kind of service is this and did not certainly expect this from Inifiniti. I am going to request that this be fixed or an entirely new rim. What do you guys think? Has this or something happened to anyone? This sucks big time!!!

Old 05-22-2005, 11:01 PM
That scratch came from them when they popped on that tire-taker-offer machine...

I'd request a whole new rim, and KEEP that one, And there you go, you just came up $375 lol. So if you ever bend a rim on the road, you got a spare!!!! (That can be machined out with the right tools/shop)

Old 05-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Banned
damn that sucks man... b4 finishing reading all of your post i was gonna say give me your rim, i have the tire/ rim repair package, and could have gotten you a free tire! but oh well, you might not even be from socal anyhow...

regarding that scratch, i got my old rims from my accord scrathed cause they didnt have a thin-walled socket so they scraped my rim around my lug nuts on all four rims! i called Honda but they couldnt do anything, since its the dealers fault... i highly doubt they will give you a free rim just for a scratch, but its worth the try! i think they might be able to polish it out or something...
good luck man.........

Old 05-23-2005, 06:55 PM
If this scratch can be machined out, do you know about how much this would cost? Will it look brand new? Has anyone done this to their rim?

Old 05-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask Infiniti for a new rim...say no to having them repaint the rim...because it took 4 times before my dealer got it right...and how they got it right was by giving me a new rim.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey WordUp, how bad was the damage to your rim? Any pictures?

Old 05-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uh.. you wanna talk about pissed?? My BRAND NEW volks got scratched the first day I got them and the shop told me that they wouldn't do anything about them becuase I didn't buy my wheels from them.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
holly crap...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.