G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

regret buying a TL, should i trade for a g35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
regret buying a TL, should i trade for a g35?

i just bought a acura TL 2 months ago. the test drive just felt awesome, but i never really got the chance to push it. when i finally bought it, i was very upset at the handling, the ride is so smooth thats it boring. anyway i do regret buying it. the TL is not fun to drive. i was in the wrong category of luxury. should've bought the G35. anyway, was anyone as dumb as me and actually traded a 2 month old car for another about the same price?? how much of a loss am i expecting to get if i do trade it?? did you ever regret doing a trade??

my TL was $33k, $35K with tax, but i did get all the warranties and navi. so i paid about almost $40k out the door. i pretty much got sucked in. i have 3500 miles

i was scared of getting a RWD car, but i just realized that it only snows about 10x a year here in NY. i need help man. i'm guessin that insurance should be the same for either car right?

need your advice guys, thanks

Old 05-23-2005, 03:23 AM
u never test drove the G35 and went to buy an Acura?????

Old 05-23-2005, 03:55 AM
i did test drove the new TL and it feels gd, handling is one of the best FWD cars, but if you are talking RWD, then this is a unfair advantage

power both are pretty much neck to neck, so if you don't mind to drive in snow with the G then you should get one over the TL

I love my TL and it never gave me any trouble in snow storms

Old 05-23-2005, 04:29 AM
find a private party and sell it instead of trading in at dealorship. In that case you lost less. just my opinion

Have you test driven the G Coupe yet? If you hold certain reason to buy a "luxury sports sedan", you might still not be satisfied after you get the G.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:36 AM
Originally Posted by samkws
Wrong forum buddy...

Old 05-23-2005, 05:25 AM
i did test drove the new TL and it feels gd, handling is one of the best FWD cars, but if you are talking RWD, then this is a unfair advantage

power both are pretty much neck to neck, so if you don't mind to drive in snow with the G then you should get one over the TL

^ Why are you here? aren't there like 100 TL forums for u to go to? how u end up in a G35 foruM/

Old 05-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wondering the same thing as others... I mean, you don't have to have a G35 to be here but posting about how you love your TL in G35 Coupe specific section is just funny. There is a section called "other cars" for a reason!

Anyway, to the orginal poster, if you decide to switch cars, then it's gonna cost you. The TL should sell for $32k or a bit more. My cousin is interested in buying one used so I did a bit or research and that's usually how much they go for with the Navi. With yours being very low miles, you might be able to get $33k but I think $32k is a realistic figure...

Then you have to buy the G coupe. With Navi, I believe it's gonna cost you about $37k + tax, which will be close to $40k OTD. So you will be losing $8k in 2 months... If I were you, I'd just keep the TL, use it as a daily driver, save up some more money and get a cheaper second car for your performance needs... like 240SX with SR20DET swap. But if you aren't into those kind of things, nevermind.

Also, next time, don't get suckered into buying extra warranties and ****. You don't need extra warranties with Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus. Japanese luxury brand cars are extremely reliable so extra warranty is just a waste of money unless there is something wrong with your car to begin with. Extra warranty is just another BS way of dealerships to make money. Plus, if you feel the need to buy extra warranty, then you can do that later after you see if the car has problems or not.

05 TL is a very nice car. My uncle has one and I wish our G's came with the TL's interior... If you aren't happy with the handling and the ride, you can firm it up by going aftermarket springs and shocks. Your car will handle much better and the ride will be more firm. Just make sure to get an alignment after two weeks of install(to give some time for the springs to settle to their proper height).

Old 05-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would trade for SURE. I am trading my 3800 mile 04 G35 for an exactly equipped 05, but black this time...

I have to pay 7k difference. Since your TL is an 05, I guess you would have to pay less.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Private party sale or not, you're going to take some sort of hit.

Maybe you should give your car some more time? You might find out you really like it. Every car is going to have its quirks....I mean, I'm not in love with my G35c's interior ('03) but I'm not gonna sell it

Old 05-23-2005, 09:49 AM
mrb
Massive hit!

You will take a bath. Your finances should be more important than something this silly. You should have taken more time in reaching your decision, but these things happen sometime. You've got a great automobile, despite the G35 bias on this forum. Drive it for 18-24 months and get your $ out of it, in 18 months, they should have a nice updated sedan/coupe on the market.
I wouldn't take the hit if it were me, unless you are rich, or wealthy.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:25 AM
lock this thread
just playing

hey! i just noticed that i didnt even test drove any car and got my G hahaha

Old 05-23-2005, 10:50 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I say keep the TL and learn to live with it for a couple years. It was a mistake to buy the TL but it may be a bigger mistake trading it in for a G coupe (financially that is). Just chalk one up for a lesson learned and try to make a more informed decision in the future.

Also, even though Samkws doesn't have a G, doesn't mean he can't express his opinion here. There are waaaay more $hit talkers at the Acura forums so I think we can have a little tolerance here

Old 05-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by EZZ
I say keep the TL and learn to live with it for a couple years. It was a mistake to buy the TL but it may be a bigger mistake trading it in for a G coupe (financially that is). Just chalk one up for a lesson learned and try to make a more informed decision in the future.
Agreed. Keep the TL for a few years, chalk it up to "lessons learned" and wait for the GTR or any number of other cars you'll want in a few years. Driving the TL for a while won't be THAT much of a sacrifice (it could be much worse)...

Old 05-23-2005, 01:07 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sell privately bro, and salvage what you can. If you trade, you'll get raped.
G/L
C.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:17 PM
While taking a hit on a new car is never a smart financial decision, losing 3-5k means alot more to some people than others. If I was unhappy with my car, I would definitely consider trading out. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff, in a year and half you could be dead. Get what makes you happy without jeopardizing your financial security or being egocentric.

Just my 2 cents

g4ian

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: regret buying a TL, should i trade for a g35?