G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Noise, rattles, squeaks, creaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise, rattles, squeaks, creaks

I've done a search on noise and stuff, but I haven't found one that I'm experiencing right now. There are 4 horrible sounds that are killin me.

1. When I gas it semi agressively on 1st gear (and sometimes 2nd gear as well) at around 500-1500 rpm, I hear this clicking noise. It seems to be coming from the back right corner of my car where the rear left wheel area is.

2. In the same are, I hear a hissing sound when I'm stopped as if my tire is leaking air. But the fact is, it's not because the sound stops when I turn my car off.

3. Some of you may have experienced this one where I hear a squeaking noise sometimes coming from my left side it seems when i'm driving. It has nothing to do w/ bumps and squeaks not in sequence with road irregularities. Disappears when brakes are applied. Is THE solution to lube up the axel or is it something else?

4 I back up into the garage and the entry part is kind of on a slant. When I'm on the slant and moving, I hear a creaking sound. Seems to be coming from mainly the back but sounds like my whole chassis is flexing like there's no tomorrow. I've brought it to the dealer regardiing this problem, but they said they can't replicate it. BS! cuz i heard it creak when i picked up the car when I was leaving their driveway! @!%@#%$

So.. I really need help on finding solutions to fix these. Anyone have had these problems which were fixed? Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-15-2005, 02:39 PM
I get a lot of squiling from my back tires when I turn off the VDC. LOL.

Anyway, go to Dealer and have the service manager sit in the car with you and reproduce the sounds for him. Do the same with the Tech if necessary.

Old 06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I believe there is a TSB on the rear axle squeak. Something to do with re-torque of the half shaft bolts.

The hissing sound that stops when you shut the car off could be your electric fuel pump.

If you are experiencing squeaking sounds that go away under braking, you may have an overtightened wheel bearing.......This was a problem with the earlier 03/04' 6MT. Usually when you take the load off the bearing, it stops squealing/squeaking.

I never heard any flexing squeaks, except my Sunroof......They are notrious for creaking/squeaking when you flex the body. If you lightly lubricate the seal around the sunroof it should stop for a while anyways......
Hope this info helps......

Oh, and FastBlack is right as well, if you leave off the VDC and floor it, the tires will be squealing as well

Old 06-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car makes a metal twisting sound going up and down driveways sideways. I think its related to the frame around the sunroof.

Old 06-15-2005, 06:12 PM
i took mine to the dealership yesterday for some squeeks, creaks, and rattles. nothing too obnoxious, i just wanted to know if they were the norm for the car. i went for a drive with one of the service advisors and he said that it's a car with a stiff chassis, stiff suspension, and low profile tires so it will make a bit more road noise after they get some miles on it. i was told mine sounds normal, but if it gets worse to bring it back.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:54 AM
just wanted to give a quick update on my post, since so many Gc owners are experiencing the same thing.

I had an appointment today to take the car in for them to check out all the noise (creaks, squeaks, rattles) I'm experiencing. They finally were able to 'replicate' the sound this time. New axle parts were ordered to solve the squeaking coming from the passenger side area. They said that axle problem may be also contributing to the clicking sound when easing off the clutch between 1st and 2nd gear and 2nd to 3rd. I'll have to wait to see if that's the case after the part comes in. They lubricated the sunroof and it definitely solved the creaking noise it makes when I open/close/tilt it. As for the creaking frame, I haven't noticed it these past few days, so not sure if it's really fixed or just disappeared, but I'll try to listen for it again tomorrow.

Overall, I was quite happy with their service. Everything was under warranty. Now I think good and bad experiences at the dealership depend solely on who you talk to and who you deal with first. Masa at Richmond Infiniti was awesome. As for the others.. ehh.

On a side now, he even gave me an '05 sedan to drive around for an hour while they worked on my car. Must say, electronically tilting steering column is a neat feature. Also noticed the aluminum trim on the dash is thicker.. much nicer than '04 trim which looks and feels like cheap plastic. Sunglass holder on the loaner car can actually FIT sunglasses.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:31 AM
i have a 2005 gcoupe 6mt with only 4k miles on it and i experience the clicking noise as well ... i have no clue what it is but i hear exactly when u say u hear it if you find anything out let me know

Old 06-29-2005, 04:39 AM
My 05 coupe makes an extremely annoying click/rattle/squeek noise from somewhere by the sunroof.. it drives me nuts!! I'm going to get it serviced soon with my 1st oil change so I'm definitely letting them know what's up.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nissan needs to learn how to make quieter interiors. it's sad how a $30K+ car is
so darn noisy.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:35 PM
it's a fact of life for our nissan cars.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:43 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its not just Nissan. Go to the TL forums and they have 2x the posts about annoying interior noises. They've had quality problems lately. My 96 Maxima that I had for many years didn't have a single rattle. My current G35 coupe doesn't make much noise either.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by EZZ
Its not just Nissan. Go to the TL forums and they have 2x the posts about annoying interior noises. They've had quality problems lately. My 96 Maxima that I had for many years didn't have a single rattle. My current G35 coupe doesn't make much noise either.

Then so far you've been lucky. Wait till you get a little more mileage on your coupe.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
ha, I'm brining my car in for:

1. Drivers side window rattle
2. Steering wheel rattle
3. Rear view mirror rattle
4. Click coming from the rear axle
5. Noise when tilting the sunroof
6. CD ERROR F0

Glad to hear these are sorta common, and should be fixed ok.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by madchef
ha, I'm brining my car in for:

1. Drivers side window rattle
2. Steering wheel rattle
3. Rear view mirror rattle
4. Click coming from the rear axle
5. Noise when tilting the sunroof
6. CD ERROR F0

Glad to hear these are sorta common, and should be fixed ok.
either you are ruff on the car or you have a lemon my friend

Old 06-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Rattles arent reasons for lemons my man. They can be like that staright out the factory since I doubt they test drive it on bumpy roads.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Noise, rattles, squeaks, creaks