G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What 6 layers of Zaino looks like... (PIX)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 09:33 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least 3 months if your car is a garage queen and only goes out on weekends for a few hours. I used to use NXT on my DD in the FL sun, and I'm one to prep the paint with a claybar, polish and the whole 9. Everytime I had to rewax 3 weeks later since there wasn't a trace of the NXT. Don't get me wrong, it gives just as much shine as any other wax, but the durability of the NXT just doesn't cut it for me. On the other hand, I zainoed my G in April and the paint shines and water beads off as day one.

Last edited by Finiti35; 06-25-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
At least 3months in my case.

because you're too hung up on Zaino and don't migrate onto
easier polymer waxes.
If your water still beads after 12 washes with NXT, your apparently doing something I'm not....

I actually have a 90% full bottle of NXT down in my garage, PM me if your interested...

Old 06-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pics! I have order my Zainos yesterday, and I can't wait to see the results!

(btw, use M mode to take the photos next time; you will have better results of showing the reflections)

Old 06-26-2005, 01:42 AM
Old 06-26-2005, 02:43 AM
After reading this thread i'm really gonna look into zaino b/c when i sit and thought about it i waxed my car last week and when i did a quick detail around thursday this week the wax was gone! I put 2 coats on also so...maybe it's the heat in Texas i dunno...but it's a PITA when you work for so long and the results don't last...Don't get me wrong the Gold Class wax i use works really well as i'm sure some have seen on Page 4 or 5 or whatever...but man....i need a shine that lasts and beads when i was....so i think my decision is clear here!

Old 06-26-2005, 02:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Goldclass wax will last you maybe 2 washes... that's natural wax.

you can spend hours doing zaino, or less than one hr doing NXT...which ever you
prefer. I think it's the heat in your case cause my car is garaged during the week
and the wax is on there for a very long time. Since the wax repells light oils and
tar well, I just use a CalDuster after a run and QuikD... I spot wax the front
bumper on occasion but that's it. I NXT the entire car every 3-5months when
necessary. no more.

my original post was referring to the shine.... don't need 6 coats to get that shine.

Old 06-26-2005, 01:20 PM
i know this thread is about zaino in the coupe form, but wanted to show what klasse AIO + menzerna FMJ can do to my DG sedan just really easy to use. and great results. i'll see how long it lasts.

Old 06-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
i know this thread is about zaino in the coupe form, but wanted to show what klasse AIO + menzerna FMJ can do to my DG sedan just really easy to use. and great results. i'll see how long it lasts.
Looking good...menzerna and klasse both make excellent products. How easy does the FMJ apply and remove?

Personally, I wouldnt put anything you can buy at Wal-Mart on my G35....

Old 06-26-2005, 05:29 PM
lmao!!! i would also rather be motoring than spend the time coating
5 additional layers. My car using NXT shines just as much using one coat...
and when shiny noone's gonna care who's car is shiner imho.
I bought some Zaino in prep for getting my car because of all the hype that it has gotten on this board.

Now I just read the Zaino FAQ about applying it to the car and frankly I'm a little worried about how much time and effort this "zainoing" is going to take. I want my car to look good and I clean my car more then most people but I'm not obsessive about it.

I don't think you can measure the shine of a car. Especially in motion. You see a car that looks like it just got waxed and most people will say that looks good. I just waxed my wifes Black Jeep Liberty with Mequiars Gold Class and she said she got all kinds of compliments from people and that took me about 3 hours to finish. By the way that's why I will never get an oversized SUV; washing and detailing that monster would be a b!t(#!. I'm looking to wash and wax the G and be rolling on the streets in about 5 hours or less. This seems to me the zainoing part is going to take 6 hours by itself.

I think at a certain point you start losing returns on your effort unless you just like waxing and polishing your car.

I will be trying the Zaino on my car in about a week and we'll see if this is worth all the effort.............

Old 06-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeh...if you're like me (like to drive clean cars, but do not care for
washing and waxing) waxing your car for over 1hr will get old
very quickly. Not to forget an hour washing/drying the car,
then another 30-45min claybaring it. But give Zaino a shot and
you'll know what I mean. they got that accelerator but still takes
a long time for it to cure...then try handbuffing it.......

After all that work it better be shiny and last 20x longer than NXT.

wash/dry, clay, nxt = about 3 hours
wash/dry, clay, zaino = about 6-7 hours

Lately, ive been half-assing my wax application since my car doesn't
get that contaminated anyway...

wash/dry, spot clay, nxt = 2hours

Originally Posted by phenom
I bought some Zaino in prep for getting my car because of all the hype that it has gotten on this board.

Now I just read the Zaino FAQ about applying it to the car and frankly I'm a little worried about how much time and effort this "zainoing" is going to take. I want my car to look good and I clean my car more then most people but I'm not obsessive about it.

I don't think you can measure the shine of a car. Especially in motion. You see a car that looks like it just got waxed and most people will say that looks good. I just waxed my wifes Black Jeep Liberty with Mequiars Gold Class and she said she got all kinds of compliments from people and that took me about 3 hours to finish. By the way that's why I will never get an oversized SUV; washing and detailing that monster would be a b!t(#!. I'm looking to wash and wax the G and be rolling on the streets in about 5 hours or less. This seems to me the zainoing part is going to take 6 hours by itself.

I think at a certain point you start losing returns on your effort unless you just like waxing and polishing your car.

I will be trying the Zaino on my car in about a week and we'll see if this is worth all the effort.............

Old 06-26-2005, 07:23 PM
FMJ is really easy to apply. Dry MF cloth and a little tiny bit. A little goes a long way. I don't think I used that much product. For the entire car I'd say 10 nickel sized amounts. To remove I used a MF polishing cloth... no residue, dust, etc. I'm wondering if I can top this off with multiple layers of FMJ or if it's even worth it. This combo only took me about 45 min per product.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Premier Member

Well, look at it this way. Zaino will out last NXT or any other wax on the car so really your putting less time overall.

yeh...if you're like me (like to drive clean cars, but do not care for
washing and waxing) waxing your car for over 1hr will get old
very quickly. Not to forget an hour washing/drying the car,
then another 30-45min claybaring it. But give Zaino a shot and
you'll know what I mean. they got that accelerator but still takes
a long time for it to cure...then try handbuffing it.......

After all that work it better be shiny and last 20x longer than NXT.

wash/dry, clay, nxt = about 3 hours
wash/dry, clay, zaino = about 6-7 hours

Lately, ive been half-assing my wax application since my car doesn't
get that contaminated anyway...

wash/dry, spot clay, nxt = 2hours

Old 06-26-2005, 07:53 PM
I want to try Menzerna fmj after my Zaino wears down...(will be awhile)

I use Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish II for buffing compounds and I am very pleased.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Well the first time you apply zaino will be the longest--by far. I spent 9-10 the first time i did it and did the works, washed, clay bar, washed, zaino(times 3) with z6, interior, waxed rims etc. Now i can just throw on a nice layer of z2 in about an hour 1/2.

Hockeyplay95

Old 07-08-2005, 02:40 AM
Exactly, After the intial detailing with Zaino (which should be done with all waxes), it only takes about 45 minutes to apply/cure/remove.