G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Strike 3 for Douglas Infiniti in NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strike 3 for Douglas Infiniti in NJ

I visited Douglas Infiniti (430 Morris Ave, Summit NJ) back in early May looking for a black 2005 G35 MT. I test drove a diamond graphite and just loved it. Salesman told me a black one was coming in late May - I said I'll wait and take the black one. We also agreed on a trade in price of $18,500 for my BMW. Trading in my BMW was the ONLY thing we discussed.

Strike 1 - Late May turns into July 2nd. I'm sure the salesman told me late May just to get to say yes to buying the black one - I'm sure of it. I just get pissed off when they say one date and the car comes in like over a month later. He said there were "delays" over in Japan. I just dont think a dealer should give you a date unless they are 100% correct. I dont mind waiting an extra few days or a week but over a month is ridiculous.

Strike 2 - July 2nd I go to pick up the car. Salesman COMPLETELY forgets I'm trading in my BMW and is asking me for the $1900 down!! I'm like huh? He comes back and tells me my BMW is now worth only $18000 trade in since he gave me the $18500 quote back in May, and it's now July. He quickly leaves the desk right before I could explode. He comes back and luckily for him he finds his "notes" from our May discussion and it has $18500. Thank God for him. Either way, all my paperwork had to be redone and I ended up being at the dealer from 9am til 11:30am - what a joke. I drive the car home happy.

Follow me on this now. BMW trade in price is $18500. I still owe $15000 on the BMW so the BMW is "worth" $3500 to me. $1900 of that goes towards the G35 down payment so there is $1600 left, plus my $250 deposit which makes $1850. My salesman says I will be getting a check in the mail for $1850. Great.

Strike 3 - the check somes today for only $1300. Is this some kinda scam? Is he going back to the $18000 for my trade in and shorting me $500?

I left him a voice mail and told him to call me first thing saturday morning, or I'll be calling him when I wake up.

Is it the dealership that is trying to scam me, or is my salesman just incompetent?

Any thoughts/ideas/similar experiences welcome.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Do yourself a favor and head down to Ray Catena Infiniti.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Too late now, I already have the G35 in my garage! When my lease is up I'm NEVER getting another car from Douglas again.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by heeb
Do yourself a favor and head down to Ray Catena Infiniti.

Or Ramsey Infinti is a nice chose also, just becareful of Park Ave.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:53 PM
$

Don't you have signed paperwork with all the numbers you mentioned?

Old 07-08-2005, 09:00 PM
I know, I know, I should have all this crap in writing but I dont, am I screwed now? Even the financial guy named Mike remembered our discussion from May and the $18500 price - he was involved in the original discussion. If I dont get my $500 I WILL be in that dealership raising hell - and like someone else suggested on another post - I'll use some white shoe polish and write something like "THIS DEALERSHIP SCAMS YOU!" and park my car right in front of their place. Get my self a bull horn too.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:51 PM
dealerships blow, esp. Park Ave! do not give them any business. they caused me so much grief and unnecessary waiting time. Ray Catena hooked me up nice. To answer ur question, I would speak to the sales mgr. and def get the rest of ur $ back. Dlrs are so full of crap and u have to make sure u dont let them get the best of u.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your saleman is an idiot. talk to his manager and have him cut you a check
right then and there.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:58 AM
it's hard to believe the salesman would give you the $18500 you two agreed on two months ago, cuz i traded in cars before and they don't usually don't discuss trade in value of your car until the new car arrives because during this time you will still be driving your old car and as we all know car depreciates with time. so in this case your salesperson actually did you a favor by not lowering your trade in value.

Old 07-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by echo
Or Ramsey Infinti is a nice chose also, just becareful of Park Ave.
got mine from ramsey, thumbs up

Old 07-09-2005, 10:00 AM
you get a lawyer and you sue the dealership I bet you they will fork over that little $500 real quick. Its probably the salesman who is incompetent.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Fortunately for Douglas Infiniti my salesmand DID call me this morning at 10am. He said "oops" his mistake and I should be receiving my $500+ in the mail this week.

Either way, I still wasnt pleased with their overall service. It just seemed like my salesman, and the dealership too, didnt know what was going on at any point during my transaction. I mean they had no idea when my car was coming in, forgot I was trading my old car in, and then send me the check with incorrect amount. For someone spending almost 40 grand they should have done a better job.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea, Ray Catena is where I should, and planned to buy my car from, but the salesman I talked to couldn't locate and 04 6MT in 05, (hmmm...but somehow I made two phone calls and found 6 in the exact color and everything that I wanted) And it should be strike 4 for Douglas, they were got me all excited to come in and see this "Brand New 04 G35 6MT Coupe with Nav, and said, "Yea, we can beat $23K for your trade, and we can definetly beat $34K sale price on this G", so I rush over the next day after work, all excited and $hit, like, "this is def the car I want", so they show me the car. The car had 380 miles on it, wear marks on the outer bolsters of both front seats, 2 foot long, 1/2" deep gash in the front bumper, misaligned interior trim panels, pre-programmed radio station (hmmmm), Custom pinstripe - keep in mind this is a brand new car-, missing inner door handle cover on passenger side, mis-aligned front bumper, scratched up wheels and to top it all off, a loose passenger side mudflap. So when I mention all these things to the manager to lower the price, his response was "Well, this car will leave here with no flaws what so ever, therefore we will not be able to change the price of $34K, keep in mind we are a quality dealership.", in my mind I'm thinking this car should have a salvage title already! Come to think about it, i should have asked if I can buy the Brembo brakes off of the car!

Old 07-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey Bstain I bought my car from Douglas Infiniti too...who was your salesman? My guy's name was John something or rather. I mean I had far less problems than you but I kinda feel the same way too. They're nice and everything, don't pressure you into buying a car but once you agree to something, they get disorganized...I put 3500 down on my car and a week later he asked me if I put money down on it or not yet because he forgot. kinda ridiculous if ya ask me, but sorry about all the bologna your dealin with...hopefully your enjoyin the car tho hah

Old 07-09-2005, 08:11 PM
My salesman wasnt John - I'd rather not mention names here on this discussion board. I dont want to be seriously bashing people - I just feel that if I'm spending FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS I should be dealing with people who are organized etc. I also blame the dealership above all else - they hired him and should be monitoring his performance. The financial guy there mentioned the "survey" that I'm sure all car manufacturers mail to you. Of course he gives me the old wink, wink when he mentions the survey, like I'm supposed to give them all A's or something - yeah right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Strike 3 for Douglas Infiniti in NJ