G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

VDC after Intstall of Toys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VDC after Intstall of Toys

Alright, so I just installed Alphawerks headers, Stillen Sways, GReddy Evo II, and a UT Polished Z tube... Now my NAV is telling me I have a VDC problem and to take it to an Infiniti Dealer.... Does anyone have any idea why it would be saying this? I don't know exactly what the VDC is hooked into, but I don't think I touched anything that would make it kick the warning.... NEED HELP!!!

Thanks.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Not really sure how performance mods can affect the VDC...it would be understandable if it was a rim/tire change. Hopefully someone knows or you might just need to bring it in. Have you maybe tried resetting the ECU?

Old 07-09-2005, 08:12 PM
well, I had the battery unplugged most of the time through the install (including overnight)... like 90% of the time... so I would think that would wipe the ECU clean... but I'll read the sticky and reset it again. The weird part is that it isn't on when I start the car, only after driving a little

Old 07-09-2005, 08:33 PM
im guessing it has to do with the sway bars. reset the ecu, if that dont work, take it to the dealer.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:36 PM
ok, I just reset the ECU... hopefully that'll fix it. I'm goin out for the night now. Any more input would be appreciated. I have no idea why the sway bars would make the VDC kick on though?

Old 07-09-2005, 08:39 PM
You might just try driving it around the block a couple of times. It might clear on it's own if it senses there is no problem.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:25 PM
ok, so the ECU reset didn't work... boy was that a pain in the a** to get the timing right. I've been driving around a while now, and it still hasn't gone away....

Old 07-09-2005, 09:34 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by G spot
Alright, so I just installed Alphawerks headers, Stillen Sways, GReddy Evo II, and a UT Polished Z tube... Now my NAV is telling me I have a VDC problem and to take it to an Infiniti Dealer.... Does anyone have any idea why it would be saying this? I don't know exactly what the VDC is hooked into, but I don't think I touched anything that would make it kick the warning.... NEED HELP!!!

Thanks.
Possibly a harness, speed sensor knocked off/left off a corner from the suspension work?????
Check the connections and clear the code, or do an ECU reset.

C.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:55 PM
I searched through driver and my350z for sway and vdc issues and could not find any similar circumstances. None of the sway posts indicted a VDC issue after an install. I am going to have to go with GSedanman's suggestion that a wheel sensor affected in some way. Recheck the installation instructions and everything you did on the install checking for loose connections. If that does not work, head to Lokey. Consider it a small price to pay with the money you saved by doing your own header install!

Last edited by FLFIRE; 07-10-2005 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-09-2005, 11:49 PM
yeah... I will check the wheel sensors in the morning... I mean, sway bars aren't that difficult to install... you take off like 10 bolts and put 10 bolts back on... I just do not see how something mechanical such as sway bars can affect something electrical/sensors.... Maybe I did in fact knock off a wheel sensor(Not that I have any idea of what they look like). But I'm sure I can figure it out. Seems difficult to knock it loose though... I guess I could take it to Lokey under warranty and if it is in fact something from install, they can charge me for their hour worth of labor... hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.

The VDC comes on regardless of driving, whether it be strong or hard. I reset the ECU and drove normally (not rough) so who knows. Seems like a sensor is just off or something, but wouldn't that make it come on as soon as I turn on the car?

And I'm not too sure of what "loose connections" I would check... only sensors I unplugged were O2 sensors which would cause a CES light not a VDC...

Old 07-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by G spot
yeah... I will check the wheel sensors in the morning... I mean, sway bars aren't that difficult to install... you take off like 10 bolts and put 10 bolts back on... I just do not see how something mechanical such as sway bars can affect something electrical/sensors.... Maybe I did in fact knock off a wheel sensor(Not that I have any idea of what they look like). But I'm sure I can figure it out. Seems difficult to knock it loose though... I guess I could take it to Lokey under warranty and if it is in fact something from install, they can charge me for their hour worth of labor... hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.

The VDC comes on regardless of driving, whether it be strong or hard. I reset the ECU and drove normally (not rough) so who knows. Seems like a sensor is just off or something, but wouldn't that make it come on as soon as I turn on the car?

And I'm not too sure of what "loose connections" I would check... only sensors I unplugged were O2 sensors which would cause a CES light not a VDC...
I remember reading on another forum that after a sway bar install some way the parking brake cable or cables was the cause of the problem. Check to see if the possibility of one side of the parking brake is dragging.

Old 07-10-2005, 03:23 PM
So it turns out it had nothing to do with the sway bars. To get the header in on the drivers side, you have to disconnect the steering. I had a friend help me make sure the tires/steering wheel were straight... of course, when I was driving yesterday, the steering wheel was off 30 degrees. So my car thought I was always turning at like 50 mph and the all the wheels were going the same speed.... hence the Slip came on and what not because the car got freaked out. Problem solved though. 2 bolts... not hard.

Old 07-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Glad to hear it was an easy fix. How are the Alpha's?