G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Front Plate Mount Ready for 2005 Coupes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Cmon Son!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Plate Mount Ready for 2005 Coupes

Thank you for your patience, and big thanks for G35driver.com being not booting me out of this.

The Front mounts for the 2005 coupe are ready for order. the 2003-2004 will look the exact same minus the thread diameter.

http://www.nationalgclub.com/gplate/GPlate.htm

Plates have been tested and work as promised.
All versions will be shipped with 2 washers instead of 1 for peace of mind though I had absolutely no issues with only one washer.

Again, thank you for your patience.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Cool.

A question please. What kind of plastic is that? I'd hate it to bust in a very minor impact, leaving my plate on the ground. If something happened in a parking lot, without my knowing it, I could drive away without even knowing I was tapped. Metal would have been much prefered.

Thanks.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:10 AM
finally! hey it looks good. hope the quality is as good as it looks to be~!

Old 07-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by sdkingka
finally! hey it looks good. hope the quality is as good as it looks to be~!
The quality is excellent. I've seen it myself this weekend.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Maybe G35driver should have an INVENTOR'S CLASSIFIED FORUM like the one on my350z.com. That way, people w/ good ideas, like this one, will be allowed to "advertise" in the future.

Just a thought. BTW, I'm kicking myself of not thinking about doing this myself.

Also, for cost reduction (profit increase) why not just use a full threaded stainless steel dowel rod? Wouldn't that save you a few pennies?

You could include 2 nuts (one to screw onto one end and one to JAM against the first). Then use the lug wrench and tighten away... This would save you from having to machine in the hex (which I assume is most of your manufacturing cost). Then you'd only need to drill and tap one hole and cut the rod to length.

The 2 nuts would be removed before the plastic plate was installed and the process would be just as straight forward.

Last edited by neffster; 07-12-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Cmon Son!
Originally Posted by neffster
Maybe G35driver should have an INVENTOR'S CLASSIFIED FORUM like the one on my350z.com. That way, people w/ good ideas, like this one, will be allowed to "advertise" in the future.

Just a thought. BTW, I'm kicking myself of not thinking about doing this myself.

Also, for cost reduction (profit increase) why not just use a full threaded stainless steel dowel rod? Wouldn't that save you a few pennies?

You could include 2 nuts (one to screw onto one end and one to JAM against the first). Then use the lug wrench and tighten away... This would save you from having to machine in the hex (which I assume is most of your manufacturing cost). Then you'd only need to drill and tap one hole and cut the rod to length.

The 2 nuts would be removed before the plastic plate was installed and the process would be just as straight forward.
Those are some great ideas man. I like the way you think

The material is aluminum as you could likely tell and so far, that is about the only metal right now that isnt costing a second unborn child. the machining of the hex is actually not as expeisive nor time consuming as you may think.

The question that was asked before about material, the plate is made of Acrylic. If someone smashes into you, it is unfortunate, but I am sure the plate would shatter. If someone backs into you slightly, the plate should hold up. The bar is not going to go anywhere though. If you ever need to order another plate from me due to some unforseen accident, they are only 6 dollars.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Got any pics from the side showing how close it is to the bumper? Just wondering if it looks funny or not compared to the drilled way which looks pretty flush.

Damn dealer installed my plate before I could ask them not to.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by clokwork
Those are some great ideas man. I like the way you think

The material is aluminum as you could likely tell and so far, that is about the only metal right now that isnt costing a second unborn child. the machining of the hex is actually not as expeisive nor time consuming as you may think.

The question that was asked before about material, the plate is made of Acrylic. If someone smashes into you, it is unfortunate, but I am sure the plate would shatter. If someone backs into you slightly, the plate should hold up. The bar is not going to go anywhere though. If you ever need to order another plate from me due to some unforseen accident, they are only 6 dollars.
Future comments have been taken to PM land.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Cmon Son!
Originally Posted by ChosenWon
Got any pics from the side showing how close it is to the bumper? Just wondering if it looks funny or not compared to the drilled way which looks pretty flush.

Damn dealer installed my plate before I could ask them not to.
I will get some more shots up by weeks end for different angles.