G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Easy Auto Theft???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by echo
Let me guess, this happened in NJ. They can get into the car, but they probably cannot start the car. This happened to my twice already. Get an aftermarket alarm with shock sensor (or add a shock sensor to the stock alarm)and do not keep keys or anything valuable in the car. When I leave the car parked outside, I now I flip open the cubby hole, both glove boxes, ashtray, center console and arm rest. Take all valuables out of sight, or better yet get it out of the car. They got into my friend's BMW and stole my friends Audi S4 this way.
A shock sensor only works if the car is hit or banged into. You need a proximity/motion sensor located inside the car. My Alarm does not even let anyone stand next to the door for more then 3 seconds. You can walk passed it just fine without triggering the alarm. Stand there & the alarm will give a warning sound. My 2 way pager goes off & I know you’re there.

Also another nice feature to have is a tilt/leveling sensor. If you try and lift my car for towing or stealing my rims the alarm will sound. The leveling sensor sets itself to the position when you park. If the car is raised in anyway... I will know from my 2 way pager & the alarm will sound.

Guy's the stock alarm is a passive alarm only. Meaning, it will only sound when you open the door... It's a joke!!! You can get other sensors to work with it but buy a real alarm! I have the stock alarm on the car with other sensors & a real alarm with a second battery backup. Invest in some security it helps

Old 07-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Your windows break guys, it's easy to get in any car. The stock alarm on a G35, I am led to believe, won't even go off if the windows are broken, it only goes off when the door is opened.

I would look into an aftermarket alarm system if you are worried about things being stolen. It's hard to actually start the car though so you could, like another poster said, leave everything open so they know there is nothing to even steal.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:07 AM
One guy touched on this already. The reason your manual case was stolen is because they wanted your valet key. You G cannot be driven without an original, valet or duplicate from the dealer. Thats why their isnt any damage to your ignition. Your car isnt easily stolen so dont waste your time buying all these crazy bells an whistles.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Autowerks
One guy touched on this already. The reason your manual case was stolen is because they wanted your valet key. You G cannot be driven without an original, valet or duplicate from the dealer. Thats why their isnt any damage to your ignition. Your car isnt easily stolen so dont waste your time buying all these crazy bells an whistles.
I sleep good at night with all my "crazy bells an whistles"

Old 07-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by BigTyminRolla
Hey NIGHTMARE...you said they stole your leather instruction book, correct? By any chance did you happen to leave your valet key in there? ALOT of people, without realizing, leave their valet key in their glove box because they feel it has no use...so many times theives just break into cars and try to find the valet key....someone broke into my mom's rx330, and even though there was a valentine one sitting on the dashboard, they just messed things around and didn't even steal the radar detector. Our body shop told us that the more sophisticated theives just want the car, that's all.
Nah the only thingin there was my Infiniti pen.... YOU BASTARDS!!!!...LoL...I think im going to see if they can remove the whole Lock assembly and ill put the plastic cover on. I will open my doors with the remote from now on.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What is a good supplemental alarm for our G's?

Old 07-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shunra
I don't think disabling this "feature" really helps reduce the risk. If a theif can force the door lock with a screw driver to unroll the windows, surely he can do the same to unlock the door. I think putting the passenger side cover on is the way to go.
Well, you can't disable the "feature" from the BCM. I looked into that when I first got the car. I remember I was livid, because even my pontiac lets you disable features like that, and without having a Consult-II too.

As for using a screwdriver to unlock the door.... The reason why people say that disabling the "feature" would help, is because a thief uses this method, because if you roll down your windows, he can steal your stuff without tripping your alarm. As soon as you unlock/open the door, the alarm will go off.

The cover plate is pretty cheap. When I told my dealer about this, and explained why I wanted to order a cover plate (which comes pre-painted), they ordered it and gave it to me for free. They even offered to do the work for me...

Aside from putting a new cover plate over the lock, you can also just disable the lock itself, by removing the lock-rod, etc. There was a thread a long time ago, where someone even posted pictures of the whole thing, and showed how to glue the lock shut, etc.

I don't even remember the last time I used a key to open the door on any of my cars in the last 10 years.

As for not putting a cover plate on, because you need to valet your car...... Why do you "need" to valet your car? I wouldn't trust a valet to park my bicycle, let alone my G35. I've witnessed far too many valet horror stories to ever valet my car. Heck, I don't even like the dealership driving/parking my car.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedhen
if I put on the cover, can't a thief just pop it off?
You can remove it if you break it with a pair of plyers. (It's screwed in assembly).

I would think a thief wouldn't waste their time, and move on to an easier target. (There are lots of them) Besides, a thief wouldn't know if you just covered up your lock, versus covered a disabled/glued/removed lock, etc.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Here's the thread on this subject from last year

Escutcheon/Door Handle Cover Mod

Also, here's a link to Inifinit-Parts where they have the part for $18.70

Escutcheon Part

Plug in the make, model, & year and then go to "Door" then "Lock & Hardware" and finally "Escutcheon"

Last edited by Memphis; 07-19-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by avs007
Well, you can't disable the "feature" from the BCM. I looked into that when I first got the car. I remember I was livid, because even my pontiac lets you disable features like that, and without having a Consult-II too.

As for using a screwdriver to unlock the door.... The reason why people say that disabling the "feature" would help, is because a thief uses this method, because if you roll down your windows, he can steal your stuff without tripping your alarm. As soon as you unlock/open the door, the alarm will go off.

The cover plate is pretty cheap. When I told my dealer about this, and explained why I wanted to order a cover plate (which comes pre-painted), they ordered it and gave it to me for free. They even offered to do the work for me...

Aside from putting a new cover plate over the lock, you can also just disable the lock itself, by removing the lock-rod, etc. There was a thread a long time ago, where someone even posted pictures of the whole thing, and showed how to glue the lock shut, etc.

I don't even remember the last time I used a key to open the door on any of my cars in the last 10 years.

As for not putting a cover plate on, because you need to valet your car...... Why do you "need" to valet your car? I wouldn't trust a valet to park my bicycle, let alone my G35. I've witnessed far too many valet horror stories to ever valet my car. Heck, I don't even like the dealership driving/parking my car.
I bought the peice today and I am going to remove the locking assembly as well. That leaves me with the damaged door now. I am going to get that fixed, but I hope that they can do it without being painted, I would hate to apply paint to a car that is 2 weeks old.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Anyone know where the post is to remove the lock assembly??? I tried running a search but came up with nothing???

Old 07-20-2005, 02:42 AM
just curious...do all G's come with this option?

Old 07-20-2005, 08:46 AM
what if someone hotwires our car? if it is possible

To put it simple our car cant be "hotwired" in a sense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Easy Auto Theft???