G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

No exhaust allowed in Beverly Hills??!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No exhaust allowed in Beverly Hills??!!

I just got a huge ticket driving through beverly hills for my exhaust and I ended up getting a ticket for everything I have ever done to my car. Apparently all of california has a zero tolerance law on modified exhaust, but they only care in beverly hills becuase of the suckasss residents. I got a ticket for not only modified exhaust, but not having a carb certificate for that or my intake (even though my intake had a carb sticker on it, he said I had to have the paperwork with me also). Then he looked a bit further and saw that there were no cats after my headers (FUCCK!!). So I now have to take a huge detour if I ever want to go through beverly hills. Screw all you complaining bitches!

Old 07-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow . . . That's a tough break.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:25 AM
That really sucks!!! I was in Beverly Hills most of today. I saw a couple of BH cops. There were a few exotics driving around that were much louder than my G. That's BS.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Must have been a cop that had a bad day. When I lived in LA, I used to go to the Beverly Center all the time. My room-mates drove, and they had an M3 and Supra, with just about every mod known to man on those things. They never got hassled.

The only time we got hassled, was by the Lomita Police Department. Gave my friend a speeding ticket, and said he estimated his speed by sound. Said he heard him speeding

Old 07-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
douchebag cops like that give the other normal cops a bad name. how much was the ticket? - and do you have to FIX it, or just pay for it?

move to San Francisco - no one cares down here if you have phart cannon.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:00 AM
I work in the heart of Beverly Hills and I must admit that they are the dic*s. They will give out ticket for crossing a small street too. Obviously, they have nothing better to do. But in reality, it's a very good habit. It's a broken window theory, which was used in NY to get rid of grafitti. If the city seems neglected, people will do more bad stuff. If it seems like it's on alert, people would not do dumb thing which can lead to safer community.

Just try not to be spotted, especially our car is very flashy. I know it's hard.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:17 AM
that is gay... those rich people think they can control the world just because they got the $$$$$$

Old 07-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Beverly Hills Police

BH police have a reputation in the whole LA area for being tough on everything. I'd do a search on the CARB requirements, never heard of having to carry the paperwork with you but it could be. In WA tint-installers are supposed to afix a sticker with the tint details to the driver's door jamb. Have never seen one though.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ya i drive through it everyday. going to sunset, school, etc. They have a huge sign on La Cienega and Sunset blvd saying modified exhaust check point ahead. I always go through side streets or wilshire etc. Its a pain in the as$ my friend got a no cat ticket in Beverly Hills too. It was 400 just for that. I think he got off easy for that.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:35 AM
i was watching the news one day and city of BH started doing this exhaust patrol/inspection due to business and people in that area complaining about how loud some bikes are. Mostly Harley's and some sport bikes with aftermarket exhaust... even showed actual bikes with exhaust and rev'ed it up on TV. I guess now not only bikes are gettin tackled by cops but cars as well... To tell you the truth no matter how loud our cars are doesn't come close to Harley's. we can even have open cat and still won't be loud as Harley's. I think long as we keep it quiet and don't make a scene they shouldn't pull us over... but they're all about laws so who can blame them... although i'm SURE they do something like this when they are off duty... this is why i think Laws are BS!!!!!

ps...sometimes i think modding cars keep young ones away from drinking/drugs which can cause dangering others.... just my $.02

Old 07-20-2005, 05:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sucks...damn cops and fix-it tickets....

Old 07-20-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by vtec 2 9k
that is gay... those rich people think they can control the world just because they got the $$$$$$
Yes we do and we can!

Old 07-20-2005, 08:59 AM
So no matter how loud the car is - if its stock - than its ok? Thats nuts...

I was just in Bev Hills a few weeks ago and i saw a Murcialago RIPPING down Rodeo Dr......that thing was louder than 50 G35s with aftermarket pipes.....but i guess since hes loaded and his car is worth more than 50 G35s, it ok...

The Rich get Richer i guess....

PS- if u ever complain about being in Bev Hills again, while i sit in the Philly suburbs, i will just go insane! SoCal is the greatest place ever and i wish i was there RIGHT NOW.....

ok, im done

Old 07-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neffster
Yes we do and we can!

A major reason why the US is going down the tubes.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveAreno
I just got a huge ticket driving through beverly hills for my exhaust and I ended up getting a ticket for everything I have ever done to my car. Apparently all of california has a zero tolerance law on modified exhaust, but they only care in beverly hills becuase of the suckasss residents. I got a ticket for not only modified exhaust, but not having a carb certificate for that or my intake (even though my intake had a carb sticker on it, he said I had to have the paperwork with me also). Then he looked a bit further and saw that there were no cats after my headers (FUCCK!!). So I now have to take a huge detour if I ever want to go through beverly hills. Screw all you complaining bitches!
hmm, that stinks....sorry to hear about the ticket. Time to update your sig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No exhaust allowed in Beverly Hills??!!