G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Problem: VDC & SLIP Light Came on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2005 | 01:55 PM
|
Problem: VDC & SLIP Light Came on

So, I have an '05 Coupe. 3800 Miles on it. I got home from work, went to the gym. Everything is driving fine. I get back into my car at the gym, turn on the car and before I even had the chance to put my foot on the brake and put the tranny in drive, the VDC and SLIP light coupled with the Service Engine Soon light came on. Then the idle jumped up 2,000rmps, then dipped so low the car almost stalled. As I saw it dropping I went to hit the gas, NOTHING. It was like the gas line was cut off. I shut the car off and turned it back on, same thing happened with all the dummy lights. I shut the car off again, waited a minute (saying to myself that I'll probably have to tow my car that I've had for 4 months) and then started it again. The VDC and SLIP light dissappeared, but the Service Engine Soon light is still lit. It's been like that for 2 days.

I called up my dealership trying to remain calm. I'm bringing the car in this monday morning and leaving it with them.. of course, they have no loaner cars available.

Yes, it's bull$hit. 4 month old car, and I'm having problems already. I was a fan of the car until now.

Anyone else have this problem?

Old 07-21-2005 | 02:33 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
No, and I think you're jumping the gun writing off the G so quickly.

ANY car from ANY manufacturer can have a problem at ANY time. No ifs, ands, or buts. I read that you had a PROBLEM, not PROBLEM(S). What else has gone wrong with your car?

What counts is how the dealer handles the problem, how they remedy your inconvenience, the service they provide during the repair, and how the repair holds up once it's completed.

I understand your frustration and would be frustrated and a bit worried myself if my car did what yours did - only 2800 miles here. I wouldn't, however, lose my affection for the car or the attraction that caused me to buy her in the first place. I'd be thankful that it has a system that tells me there is problem before I go roaring off down the street possibly making the situation worse.

Cars are machines. All machines break. It's part of life. Don't fret about it, just let the dealer take care of you. Life's too short man.

Old 07-21-2005 | 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
ANY car from ANY manufacturer can have a problem at ANY time. No ifs, ands, or buts.
I once worked at a mistu dealer, gassing up a brand new diamante and had to drive it back in limp mode. Tranny failed with 9 miles on it. **** happens.

Old 07-21-2005 | 04:49 PM
exactly the same thing happened to me. they replaced the throttle position sensor, but they had to order the part. they said i was fine driving it till the part comes in, but they reset the SES light temporarily.

Old 07-21-2005 | 04:55 PM
could be a fuse. I had a similar thing happen to me when I blew a brake light fuse. But I couldn't even put mine in gear. Fortunately I had a spare fuse.

Old 07-21-2005 | 09:29 PM
re-secure your gas filler cap and drive for awhile. check your brake fluid. both of those have done it to me.

Old 07-22-2005 | 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by GSpotNY77
So, I have an '05 Coupe. 3800 Miles on it. I got home from work, went to the gym. Everything is driving fine. I get back into my car at the gym, turn on the car and before I even had the chance to put my foot on the brake and put the tranny in drive, the VDC and SLIP light coupled with the Service Engine Soon light came on. Then the idle jumped up 2,000rmps, then dipped so low the car almost stalled. As I saw it dropping I went to hit the gas, NOTHING. It was like the gas line was cut off. I shut the car off and turned it back on, same thing happened with all the dummy lights. I shut the car off again, waited a minute (saying to myself that I'll probably have to tow my car that I've had for 4 months) and then started it again. The VDC and SLIP light dissappeared, but the Service Engine Soon light is still lit. It's been like that for 2 days.

I called up my dealership trying to remain calm. I'm bringing the car in this monday morning and leaving it with them.. of course, they have no loaner cars available.

Yes, it's bull$hit. 4 month old car, and I'm having problems already. I was a fan of the car until now.

Anyone else have this problem?
And I thought I was the only one. Bringing in mine tomorrow. Only 3800 miles. And hitting the VDC button doesn't change anything.

Old 07-22-2005 | 09:02 AM
|
Originally Posted by GGGunit35
And I thought I was the only one. Bringing in mine tomorrow. Only 3800 miles. And hitting the VDC button doesn't change anything.
GGGunit - Please let me know the results of when you bring yours in. I'm not bringing mine in till monday night. They will have it tues and wed. I'm also bringing it in for the "creaking" in the rear of the car. I found out a service bulliten that has been reported with the ball joints in the rear axle. So I was going to call them up for that problem, then this happened. So they are going to fix both problems.

Old 07-22-2005 | 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by GSpotNY77
GGGunit - Please let me know the results of when you bring yours in. I'm not bringing mine in till monday night. They will have it tues and wed. I'm also bringing it in for the "creaking" in the rear of the car. I found out a service bulliten that has been reported with the ball joints in the rear axle. So I was going to call them up for that problem, then this happened. So they are going to fix both problems.
The dealer was too busy to add other dianostic dilemmas to their schedule so I will have to return next Weds. so until then no status.

Old 07-22-2005 | 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by GGGunit35
The dealer was too busy to add other dianostic dilemmas to their schedule so I will have to return next Weds. so until then no status.
The dealer told you they were too busy to deal with a VDC and slip light? (you said you had similar, right). Tell the dealer that they are liable for any accidents you might get into because of your inability to drive the car as intended (WITH VDC). If you talk to someone that doesn't have thier head up thier a$$, they should get you in ASAP.

Old 07-22-2005 | 04:05 PM
One of the balasts for my xenon headlights $hit the bed at like 78 miles. Infiniti put a new one and I've been great ever since (currently at 9K). It's not likely, but occasionally new cars (even reliable models) can have a problem or two.

Old 07-22-2005 | 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by TopTech
The dealer told you they were too busy to deal with a VDC and slip light? (you said you had similar, right). Tell the dealer that they are liable for any accidents you might get into because of your inability to drive the car as intended (WITH VDC). If you talk to someone that doesn't have thier head up thier a$$, they should get you in ASAP.
This just recently happened to me too. I was at the dealer for other problems and had to do a test ride with the mechanic to SHOW him my complaints because they were unable to duplicate the problems as usual. But anyways, we get in the car and start it and the ABS,VDC, and Slip are on and a warning screen on the nav. He tells me not to turn off the car and just proceed with the drive and he'll check it out when we return. He does what he says and I leave. I figure when I return to pick up the car they might at least erase the codes to turn off the warning lights temporarily until the parts arrive. Nope, the service advisor drives my car in and doesn't even notice any of these are on. After pointing it out to him, he says the mechanics have already gone, it should be fine until you return. If I'm not mistaken, on the nav screen it says the ABS will not function correctly, but regular braking will. So what happens If I'm in an accident before then? Are they liable?