Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Montgomery's Finest
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan

debaged

Make it what you want....

Me i'm more or less a jdm person i like ever aspect of the nissan rather than the infiniti...Personally Nissan Sykline sounds alot better than Infiniti G35

The sky is the limit
350gt Ride on [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2003, 01:57 AM

All I have to say is "A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet" or Just cuase all the yuppies in the US would not buy a Skyline doesn't mean I have to stkeep my car a G35. I will convert everything that is infiniti just for my car to be what it was intended to be. And since I've change my badges to all Nissan on the outside of my car everyone says "Damn!!! Is that a real Skyline?" instead of "Isn't that a Z?"

Old 06-23-2003, 02:08 AM

Shiny skyline can u post pix of ur ride with all the full nissan skyline emblem conversion thanx

hometown.aol.com/v35skylinepnoy
Sactown Cali

Old 06-23-2003, 04:03 AM

"full nissan skyline emblem conversion" damn you make it sound so technical

-moooooo

Old 06-23-2003, 08:00 AM

calipnoy...Well, it's your car. you should do what you want to it. If people say it's "rice", then in their opinion it's "rice". I mean it's not like we roll in altezza taillights, LED squirters, fart can mufflers, or what we know is "rice", right??? oh, just FYI...there is a site in Japan that this guy debadged his Skyline CPV35 to say Infiniti G35 like ours in the USDM. i thought it looked plain since we're use to it here, but to them, it might be different. lates

Jerome
2003.5 G35 Coupe aka Skyline 350GT [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

What is the big deal with Skylines? There is a big difference between a standard Skyline, and a GTR. If by changing the badges on your car to Skyline badges, you think your car shares some sort of bloodline or heritage with a GTR, you are sadly mistaken. And IMO (since that is what feeds these types of threads), there is no reason to think of the Skyline name as superior in some sort of way to "G35". Ever actually seen the previous Skylines? Nothing great! I always liked our US Maxima's over them myself. Oh well. Just a little too much "San Francisco treat" for me.

Old 06-23-2003, 12:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

If by changing the badges on your car to Skyline badges, you think your car shares some sort of bloodline or heritage with a GTR, you are sadly mistaken.

<hr></blockquote>

Actually I am not looking it that way. I am proud to actually see the Skyline finally hit US shores since I have always wanted one.
Also the ER34 was a great car plus many of the previous models. The Skylines used in the JGTC were only RWD and not AWD.

Besides, no matter what you call the car, it's still a Nissan. No matter what the car is called, it's still named the Skyline from the parent manufacturer. Either it being the sedan or the coupe model.

Since I have an Rx-7 coming in, if I put FD3S on the license plate, is that rice. Or if I place an Efini badge on my Rx7 is that still rice. Some people or regions have different opinions on what rice is...

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 06-23-2003, 01:52 PM

see my sig!

i'm the first Skyline here and only 2003 Skyline sedan in north america!!!

btw, what's so rice about JDM our cars? it's not like we are sticking something that doesnt belong to our cars. such as mugen badge or GTR badge.

in fact, if u consider doing JDM conversion is rice. u should've never gotten an infiniti. cuz it's RICE from the factory... nissan just put an infiniti badge on and market it as a luxcury car and go into the market of BMW and MB. that goes the same with lexus and acura.
it's still a honda, nissan and toyota!!!!

and who ever think a Skyline and a Skyline GTR have no relation is an idiot.

the GTR in the Skyline lineup is just what the M3 is in the 3 series.

Old 06-23-2003, 01:52 PM

see my sig!

i'm the first Skyline here and only 2003 Skyline sedan in north america!!!

btw, what's so rice about JDM our cars? it's not like we are sticking something that doesnt belong to our cars. such as mugen badge or GTR badge.

in fact, if u consider doing JDM conversion is rice. u should've never gotten an infiniti. cuz it's RICE from the factory... nissan just put an infiniti badge on and market it as a luxcury car and go into the market of BMW and MB. that goes the same with lexus and acura.
it's still a honda, nissan and toyota!!!!

and who ever think a Skyline and a Skyline GTR have no relation is an idiot.

the GTR in the Skyline lineup is just what the M3 is in the 3 series.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:24 PM

how do you know your the first
all you did was rebadge, im sure others have.

-moooooo

Old 06-23-2003, 02:52 PM

Um, sorry Crea, your car is still a G35, no matter how BAD you want it to be a Skyline! Run the VIN, and it will always be a G35! Theres nothing you can do about it. Sorry bud. See, the engine cover has the Infiniti logo, as well as the steering wheel, and floor mats, and truck mat, and kick plates. Its even on the seats (mine is anyway). You owner's manual say Infiniti. And in case you haven't noticed, your freaking steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!! I'm afraid you DON'T have the 1st Skyline here. You don't even have a Skyline. You have a couple emblems that you bought. You know, kinda like the Honda guys do with the "Type R" badges. You say it's different, b/c the G35 is the same car as the Skyline, but it's the same thing. The only reason you put Skyline badges on, is to make some sort of connection between your G35, and a GTR. Well Our cars are far from a GTR, and when you try to make your car look like something it's not, it is, in my eyes, RICE.

It'd be the same as a red-neck from the sticks, getting a Mazda P/U, and trying to be cool and putting FORD and Ranger badges all over it, so his friends won't laugh at him for buying a Mazda.

Old 06-23-2003, 03:42 PM

PULL OVER!!!

66800-G35riceticket.JPG

Old 06-23-2003, 03:45 PM
G SQUAD

At first, it was just a thread about, "hey, do you think it would look cool if I rebadged..." Now its turned into a "my car is a real Skyline, bla bla bla, I live in North America, not Japan, bla bla bla."

Get a grip people, your G35's ARE NOT SKYLINES. In fact, THEY ARE NOT NISSANS PER SE. I bought my G35 in an Infiniti dealership, I'm covered by an Infiniti warranty, I get an INFINITI loaner when I get repairs, my salesman wore an INFINITI shirt when I bought my car.

If it smells like an Infiniti, is sold at an Infiniti dealer and gets an Infiniti emblem, ITS A F*CKIN INFINITI.

You can do as you please, which in my opinion is degrading the Infiniti name into something cheap. Make your cars classier, not ricier.

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Old 06-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez you guys,

It's simple Infiniti IS Nissan. You can't avoid that. It's not like you are putting a Merc. Benz logo on it!

As for making it classier by keeping it Infiniti, I don't see how, unless you are buying the car for just the name like a BMW. You can go ahead and say all you want that it's Infiniti, but for the auto educated, it's a Nissan CPV35. That is why we are all in this forum to educate ourselves better about the car and other cars out there.

I'm not fooling myself saying it's a Skyline because that's what the car is. For a person stating that the G35 is not a Skyline must be blind, also saying that they are not Nissans must be an idiot. If you look at all the parts on the car, and where the car is made you tell me who makes it and the name of the manufacturing plant and where it was made.....

This is the same as the Ford Explorer and the Lincoln Mountaineer. No matter what it boils down to, it's a Ford.

Cmon guys, don't fool youselves of not thinking that Infiniti is not Nissan just because the dealer's lot states Infiniti. Only in US they try to make the distinction between themselves...

Also for G35TR, we pretty much know what your login name is trying for (GTR). Having a name like that and stating that G35 is not a Skyline, you got some identity issues...

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan