G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaLiPnoyG35c
I have skyline and 350gt emblems and want to kno if U personally would also rebadge to the nissan rear emblem and front grille pop-in emblem and why or why not

Also, if i wanna change back to the Mt. Fuji emblem, what kind of adhesive is used to stick it back on?

hometown.aol.com/v35skylinepnoy
Sactown Cali
Go for it dood!! It's not like youre declaring your car as something it is not. 350GT sounds a lot better than G35 IMO. And don't worry about lowering yourself from Infiniti to Nissan...its dumb how some people in the US think this way. Infiniti means nothing more than what you think it does. What really means something is the car itself, and not some alpha-numeric scheme the marketing folks come up with to give an aura that is purely imaginary.

Old 02-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
I agree that the Infiniti logo looks more elegant, which is precisely why I'm going to rebadge to Nissan.

A lot of our clients might start speculating that they're "payin' dem folks too much munny" if they see me pull up in an Infiniti. Luckily, this same mentality is what will cause them to dismiss the car a little easier when they see a Nissan emblem from a distance.

I do think there is also something to be said for flying the Skyline banner. As was said, it's a name with heritage, just as Corvette is for the USA. For those who love the Skyline and what it represents, rebadging it to an Infiniti was blasphemous. While I understand the marketing move, I still don't have to call it Toby when we all can plainly see that it's still good 'ole Kunta Kinta.

I like how the Mt. Fuji logo doesn't have a word on it. Looks more mysterious and exotic than the Nissan logo does. 350GT looks more exotic than G35 too. A lot of people don't even know what Infiniti is (they don't know what the Mt. Fuji logo stands for)!

Old 02-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Just thought I'd add to the pictures...

Attached Thumbnails Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-skyline-v35.jpg  
Old 02-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Either way is fine. Do what you like to your car.
I didn't rebadge because I get a feeling that it somewhat *downgrades* the car, even if I know for a fact that it's the same exact car
If my G was a show car, then maybe I would.

Old 02-22-2005, 06:11 PM
I haven't read through all of the threads but I always looked at it like this. From my understanding the skyline is to japan what the corvette would be to america. So if they started selling corvettes in another country under a different name, but the buyer understood the heritage that the corvette has in america, I really could not blame them for "rebadging," or whatever you guys consider it.

I've rebadged my G, and yes the emblems on the outside and inside have been switched. All I have left are the seats and the engine cover is on the way. I understand that it will never be RHD. Don't understand it? Dont care, I wouldn't expect most to. When people ask I am quick to admit that my car is not a skyline, it is an Infiniti that has been rebadged. Some respect it, some think its stupid. Either way my G stands out from the other ones out there.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What does the Mt Fugi mean? I read that is a symbol for an endless road. (from a nissan site)

Old 02-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by RST531
What does the Mt Fugi mean? I read that is a symbol for an endless road. (from a nissan site)

Mt. Fuji is the highest mountain in Japan, and the nickname for the Infiniti logo.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2172.html

Infiniti's logo originated as a stylized version of the scientific symbol for infinity (the sideways "8").

This is the company that designed the logo in 1989 and updated the look in 2004:

http://news.lippincottmercer.com/cgi...ewnews?1000046

Last edited by gspotter; 02-22-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, so just a nick, since it does look like Mt Fugi in a way . Just wanted to know why ppl call it that since its a stylized version of the symbol for infinity.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by GYAL8R
For all the people who have anything else to say about our G35's not being a true SKYLINE....Here's proof

If you don't have a G35 and come to this forum and badmouth the people who do own one, please go buy yourself your own G35 or have mommy and daddy buy you one.

For those who say the G35 is too cheap....damn playa go buy yourself a 911 TURBO, BENTLEY, SL 55 and spend $50,000.00 - $100,000.00 + That's your preference!
keyword = "PREFERANCE"...!!! It means my personal taste.

I'm a fan of japanese imports and always have been. I know what my car is and what it can do and what it cannot do. It's not a GT-R the last one's made were in 1999. Our G35's is the next generation. The name SKYLINE is a NISSAN heritage!

This is my 2nd G35 / SKYLINE. First one was a sedan.

IF this "EVIDENCE" doesn't prove my point, feel free to call NISSAN MOTOR CORP.

This thread has been tiring and f'n annoying and dumbass people who hate on people like myself with the NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT and NISSAN emblem in the front and NISMO frame on my plate can KISS MY A**...!!! I don't clown on your ride and what you do with it do I...???

It's true, when people are behind the computer, they say what they want and only read what they want...!

Here's a lesson to be learned after all this is said and done:
I have confidence in myself as a person.
As an "adult", I choose to change the badges to NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT because it is my decision to do so...no one else's...!
If you roll up next to me or actually see me in person and go hey is that a real skyline...I'll just ignore you and drive off cause you're wasting my time...!

END OF DISCUSSION -

Dude, calm down.......this thread is almost 2 YEARS OLD!

Old 02-22-2005, 11:58 PM
IMO its just dumb...But hey to each his own...I wonder if any 350z owners have Infiniti logos on they're rides???

Old 02-23-2005, 02:09 AM
haha GAYL8R is taking this whole sh_t seriously...DUMB@SS!

Old 02-23-2005, 03:42 AM
I wonder if somebody would take an Audi A4 and rebadge it to a Volkswagen Passat...

In other news, I won't rebadge/debadge my G35 or any other car I may own. I think it looks fine just the way it is. (Then again, that is my opinion.)

Old 02-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
IMO its just dumb...But hey to each his own...I wonder if any 350z owners have Infiniti logos on they're rides???
What would make the 350Z an infiniti? Its called the FairladyZ in Japan and yes you do see some owners rebadging.

Old 02-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH
Originally Posted by GYAL8R
Hahahaha..this has been fun....don't take what I say too seriously people...!

Good nite =)
Didn't you see my last post...don't take what I say too seriously people..

Finish reading everything first before you make those comments guys...
LIke I said it's been a fun post..2 years going and still getting replies...hahahaa

bobs

Old 02-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH
Originally Posted by IIIMACOY03
haha GAYL8R is taking this whole sh_t seriously...DUMB@SS!
That was in reply to your response ...dumba** hahahhahaa

It's all in good fun...and I am relaxed...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan