G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Actually our cars aren't Nissans at all.

They're Renaults!

<hr></blockquote>

Ugh... Don't remind me. Bad enough the friggin' thing comes with French tires, I can't even stand the thought that I'm driving a @#^%%&* French car. It's a shock anyone can win a race with it, given it's heritage! [img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 06-24-2003, 05:43 PM

Look at it this way: what is the difference, aside from the badges and the side the driver sits, between a US Infiniti G35 and a JDM Nissan Skyline 350GT? As far as I know, there is none. They are the same car. Same engine, chassis, sheetmetal, what not.

Here’s another take on it. Say BMW bought out Honda. They then decided to sell Honda Civic under the BMW name, calling it the 1 series. They let the old Honda factories in Japan do all the manufacturing and simply swap out the Honda symbol with the BMW symbol, and the Civic badge with a 116i. Wouldn’t you still consider a Honda Civic and BMW 116i the same car? You could call it a Bimmer because of the new badges, but at its heart, its still a Civic.

Me, the Skyline GT-R has been my favorite car since the early 90’s when it was dominating and being banned from the various racing classes it participated in. The reason I bought the G35, was because it is a Skyline in Japan. Is it a GT-R? No, of course not, no ATTESA-ETS, no Super-Hicas, no GT-R. But you have to remember, the GT-R was not the only great Skyline that was made. R32 GTS are great cars, and I would argue that the CPV35 350GT would out perform it.

I rebadged my G35 a 350GT because to me, that’s what it is. And yeah, I do admit, I like having some relation to the legendary GT-Rs, but that’s me. The GT-R was a Skyline, the 350GT is a Skyline, that’s good enough for me.

Old 06-24-2003, 06:17 PM

What's the ties with Nissan and Renaults?

Old 06-24-2003, 06:35 PM

nissan is own by renualt

but i think even renault is using nissan engines....

and the last time i check my chassis code... it's V35

big f*cking deal what's outside of the car.... or what badge it have??? driving an infiniti makes me feel like i'm a poser...
telling ppl my Nissan built car is sold as an INIFINITI so that it belongs in the same league as BMW.
Infinitis' are just rebadged nissans (except for FX series)

Old 06-24-2003, 06:36 PM

btw, false badging and decals refer to ppl have Mugen stickets on their Toyota

Old 06-24-2003, 09:09 PM
G SQUAD

Right...and at which Nissan dealership did you buy your skyline?

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Old 06-25-2003, 12:25 AM

hehe there are nissan/infiniti dealerships.

-moooooo

but your fooling yourself if you dont think its simply a rebadged car, its even the same motor.
toyota at least puts different motor in most of their lexus
our Q and Gs have the same motor
i think the gloria/cedric/m45 have different motors though im not sure.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by HateThatBobBarkr on 06/24/03 09:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-25-2003, 06:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn youy lowrider! whats wrong with the sedan? i drive a 6MT sedan and im damn proud of it. once i get my kit on it, its gonna look better than many coupes out there. plus, i can fit 5 full sized adults and throw a kick *** system in it. another plus, cops dont pull over sedans as much.
damn coupe drivers think they're better than sedan drivers.

Old 06-25-2003, 08:43 AM

Off the subject......seen a black 2003 camry....lowered w/smoked back lights and debadged. The funny thing was he took off the front grill, put in black mesh, and had right smack in the middle of the front grill "GT-R". He was asian and kept cruising the mall back and forth of the entrance. With his system booming, trying to impress the ladies. I just busted up laughing.

Old 06-25-2003, 04:58 PM

good lord i thought i got away from the ricer crowd when I sold my integra and bought an infiniti. My only problem with the g35c is that it's TOO CHEAP.... all the wannabe ricers living and home with mom and dad can still get their hands on one and inevitably fvck it up with tasteless decals and obnoxious fart pipes.

Old 06-25-2003, 05:14 PM

So is a Fairlady Z not a 350Z?

Old 06-25-2003, 05:40 PM
G SQUAD

That's what I thought when i got my G. I thought I was buying out of the little boy racer crowd, I thought wrong. Hopefully these wanna be Nissan Skyline people dont live near NY.

And yes, a Fairlady Z is MOSTLY the same as a 350Z, they are the same company, the car is mostly the same and the prestige factor is the same...BOTH NISSANS.

Don't rice out your G's because that's what you did with your ricey Civics, have some damn pride and treat it like a BMW owner would treat their car.

[censored], the next thing we'll see is a Lamborgini owner putting frikkin VW badges on his car.

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan