G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL '06 G35 Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just got off the phone with my local dealership. They had a "trainer" in there to talk to them about some of the other models, they asked about changes to the 06 coupe and they still said "maybe" bluetooth... but that wasn't official. they also said they weren't supposed to get pricing info util mid-late september and they could only start putting in orders for them on monday (08/08). so you basically have to go put a deposit down to hopefully make sure you get one right when they come in and then talk about the price when its almost here. i think i might do that, if nothing else i will just get the deposit back or put it towards an 05.

Old 08-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheBlackAngel
so you basically have to go put a deposit down to hopefully make sure you get one right when they come in and then talk about the price when its almost here.

Thats exactly what I have been saying.

Old 08-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Some dealers gotta search on web to see what's going on.

Old 08-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jiwon
Some dealers gotta search on web to see what's going on.

Funny, the day I went to sign the papers, my dealer didn't even know how to use the lobby computer (the one in the showroom for guests) in order to configure the car on the infiniti website...

Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi Guys. I just love the changes they made on the 05 and am not waiting for the 06. Just wondering, are these the same brakes all the 03-04's people are raving about?

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...11/249116.html

From what I can tell, good riddence to the brembo's. I will replace mine with some really better ones any ways when I get some research done and when they wear out. Also, I hear the brakes were improved in the 05's.

But, they best part of the 05's are the rims (much better than the 03-04's), real aluminum and wood trim, and better leather. There are other improvemnts, but those stand out. I had a good deal on an 04 but opted for the 05. Anyways, there are plenty of mods out there for the headlights (which is the only thing I may be jealous about). Good luck guys.

05 6MT DG.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero

From what I can tell, good riddence to the brembo's.
First of all, the article does not mention if the suit is on Brembo equipped vehicles. Not all 03-04s came with them in the first place.

Even so, anyone turning down free replacement in 3 years or 36,000 miles on these would be retarded. Esp if you track your car like me!

Sorry, but the stopping power and higher tolerance to experience brake fade make the Brembo's the best setup you can get(from the factory) on the G35.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:37 PM
btw, i think the Brembo's will make the car worth just as much as a newer model if you ask me... those were the only reason why i got a 04 instead of waiting.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:53 AM
I totally agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I like the Brembo's. I'm actually going to replace my brakes with Stoptech's Big Brakes or GReddy GREX when I get a chance.
Take a look at this article and you'll see why I didn't want to get the 04:

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/61524-stoptech-14-bbk-installed-pics-updated.html

And when I do upgrade, I'm not looking forward to the dust (from reading this post):

But hey, I do love my stock 19's! Here's some facts on them:

https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires/57919-wheel-weights-oem-wheels.html

And here is some info on the brakes:

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/60681-upgrade-2005-brembos.html

I most likely will do the same too and didn't see why get the Brembo's to later replace them. I like to be different ;-)

All in all, there are no real reason not to get the 04's vs. 05 vs. 06. It depends on what you are after. Me, I think the extra HP, inside trims, etc. made the deciding factor. Howerver, all I know is that there are way too many complaints on the brakes on the 03-04's. That is the reason why I didn't get the 04. The dealer was giving me a really good deal too but hey, I'll take the upgrades and the extra ponies over some brakes (I would probably still chuck the Brembo's and get some 6 calibers later). Yeah, I even mentioned to the dealer why the brembo's were gone and he said Infiniti had too many complaints (hence the lawsuit) over them. Who knows. As long as you guys are Not having problems with the Brembo's, then I"m envious (until I get mine upgraded) :-). Now, only if I new they were offering Brembo's (one's that aren't wearing away too quickly) and a few extra ponies in the 06, I might have waited too! Happy Rev'ing!

P.S. I might try and get these Projectors if the 06's aren't nice:

http://www.hidretro.com/page38.htm

:-)

Last edited by mephistomyhero; 08-12-2005 at 02:24 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Hi Guys. I just love the changes they made on the 05 and am not waiting for the 06. Just wondering, are these the same brakes all the 03-04's people are raving about?

From what I can tell, good riddence to the brembo's. I will replace mine with some really better ones any ways when I get some research done and when they wear out. Also, I hear the brakes were improved in the 05's.

05 6MT DG.
Man, This is really how misinformation gets perpetuated. This article has nothing to do with the Brembos. It talks about Sedans and Coupes. The sedans never came with Brembos, and the coupes only had them on the 6MT. This lawsuit is aimed only at the standard brakes which, IMO, were the weakest point of the '03s and '04s. I would have never bought my '03 6MT, if it came with the standard brakes. IMO, they were much to grabby and had no feel. The updated '05s are an improvement, I understand, but a single piston caliper front and rear can never compare with 4/2 piston calipers. My Brembos are the best stock brakes I have ever used on any car I have driven. They rate up there with The standard brakes on a Porsche. I Luv 'em.

Lou

Old 08-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by E_K
I already added projectors on my car 2 years ago.
Where can we get them? And how much? Is there a tread/link here to show installation instructions?

Thanks...

Old 08-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Ah, if that is true, then all you Brembo owners can rejoice (although now you can't get the free replacement for the first 30K miles)! I would love to see an article or something that specfically state which brakes had problems. I'm still not entirely conviced that the Brembo's weren't included in that lawsuit. I mentioned this to the dealer and they said that they were having too many complaints about too much wear on the Brembo's and so Infiniti took them off the 05s *Shrugs* Only reason I want to know is because I was also thinking of adding the Grand Touring (I think that is the name) Brembo's on my car when these stock ones wear out. Now I wished they kept the Brembo's on the 05 . I guess that should be expected of good brakes like the Brembos and I should expect that when I upgrade too. The only problem I see for all you 03-04's owner is that the public is going to see the same article I did and will be hesitant on buying that car used or will pay less. Well, thanks for the info.

For the projectors, click on this link. http://www.hidretro.com/page38.htm

These are retrofited with the Projectors from other cars (i.e. Acura's and BMW's). It looks like you have to either send them your housing, projectors to put in and they will do the retrofit or they can do the whole thing for you. Looks interesting. I might want to wait to see what the 06 will look like and may just get them instead of retrofitting. Hope this helps.

Last edited by mephistomyhero; 08-12-2005 at 01:21 PM.