G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL '06 G35 Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the changes are nice, but i have no regrets. Luv my G. Always expected they'd change something. I'm just curious if they finally fixed the +5 treble radio glitch, and if so, can I get the 06 radio in my 05 G.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by clokwork
Bi-Xenon isnt necessarily a good thing guys. For anyone that uses their high beams often to flash or notifiy others are going to wear down the bulbs more. This isnt like a dual fillament bulb. When you flash your high beams with Bi-Xenon lamps, there is a small ramp up time similar to the low beams coming on, just nowhere near as drastic.

How do I know all of this? I used to work for Hella lighting and we made these for some Chrysler vehicles.
Bi means two, and Bi-Xenon refers to two lights in one unit. Both low beam and high beam are Xenon lights. There is really only one filament inside the bulb projector unit but it is used for both high and low beams. To switch from one to the other, a mechanical shutter is moved electrically to its raised position to focus the light through the lens for low beam and the shutter is lowered to focus the light for high beam. Rather than move the shutter when the driver wants to "flash the high beams to pass" as they do in many European countries, there is an additional bulb that provides the brief flash of light.

Thats from an article in 2003 for HELLA bi-xenons on a benz. So I am sure an 06 model will not have that problem.

Sorry didnt see BadTZIscool's post

Last edited by tomcatm; 08-01-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Only things that were changed were

-added weight

-nothing to make the car faster

-no real reason for anyone with -03 04 05 to get mad over.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:13 AM
if you 05 guys are mad, think about us 03 and 04s....

I'm not mad at all I can retrofit all the things I would want on to my 03 and still have my Brembos

Old 08-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Im not upset over some stupid headlights what im mad about is the memory seats. Im going to trade in so i can have those.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:19 AM
i wouldn't trade up for the 06, what for? cuz everyone knows after one year there will be a totally new designed g35 coupe anyway.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by lightforce18
Only things that were changed were
-added weight
-nothing to make the car faster
-no real reason for anyone with -03 04 05 to get mad over.
That's not really the point. This isn't a pure sports car. It's a luxury-sport model. The '05 HP increase focused mainly on increasing the "sport" side, these changes focus mainly on the "luxury" side. It may not matter much to you, but it will to most G35 buyers. If you wanted a pure sports car, go buy a mustang or Evo.

As an 05 owner, of course I'm a bit envious of some of the new features. Bluetooth, seat memory and intelligent key would all be very nice to have. But I'm not mad I bought an 05 - I bought it in Feb, so I was reaping all the benefits over the 04s. Of course Infiniti is going to keep making improvements each year. None of us would own one if they hadn't (We'd all have G20s... ugh) I can't wait to see pics of the 06's!

BTW, the redesigned spoiler means they finally listened to all of us who've been complaining about the fugly ironing boards they've been glueing to our cars for 3 years =)

--Viral

Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Viral

BTW, the redesigned spoiler means they finally listened to all of us who've been complaining about the fugly ironing boards they've been glueing to our cars for 3 years =)

--Viral
Too bad they didnt listen to you guys rant about the Blows stereo....

Old 08-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Too me the Rear Active Steering is just like the HICAS in the older 240sx and the 300zx. I think depending on your situation it can either be bad or good. If your a drifter it's bad but good if you lose control.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:42 AM
i think these changes are pulling more the 05 6MT owners than us 03-04s w brembos i sure hope the new projectors can be retrofitted though. redesign tails, spoilers, sills? infiniti would have a hard time besting the current one in looks (spoilers are subjective).

Old 08-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
1. The intelligent key can be used to start your car if you have the key within a certain range of you car. Let's say you have your key in your giriflriend's/wife's purse. When the purse is within a certain range of the car, you can just turn on the car like you normally would. But how do you turn the ignition if no key is inserted? Have a look...

and here is the picture of the intelligent key
How do u unlock your doors with this key?? It would seem useless if you had to take out the key to press the unlock button to open the door so there must be a way around it right? Never seen one of these in action so can someone enlighten me.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Bixenon is moveable shield. The bulb remains on at the same intensity.

I don't understand why people are freaking out about the 06's. Why wouldn't Infiniti add new features, just like any other car company. People have been complaining about the car not having projectors for the past 3 years, so Infiniti adds the projectors, and now people complain that the car will have projectors. Either you buy the car early on and enjoy it, or you keep waiting until it offers all the features that you want. I already added projectors on my car 2 years ago.

There will always be something "better" with future products. Just save up for a GTR in 2008.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I love the ironing boards. I wonder what the new spoiler looks like

Old 08-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by tomcatm
How do u unlock your doors with this key?? It would seem useless if you had to take out the key to press the unlock button to open the door so there must be a way around it right? Never seen one of these in action so can someone enlighten me.
The FX has a little button on the door handle. With the intelligent key in your pocket, you just have to touch the little button, and open the door.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:17 PM
intelligent key is ok - Bi-xenons and the seat memory will basically make the G35 about the same feature wise as my current 3 series.

Still annoyed about the spoiler. I like the clean spoiler-less look of the coupe. I can't believe they made it standard for the 6MT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL '06 G35 Changes