G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

330 vs G35 vs A4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
330 vs G35 vs A4

This may be a repost but I just read the September issue of Motor Trend and they compared the three cars. Although the 330 won the shoot out, I still enjoyed MT's reviews. The G35 they used was a 280 HP automatic, and it had almost identical performance to the much more exxpensive 330. MT picked the 330 as the winner because of the superior materials used in the interior of the 330.

I test drove both cars and the interiors looked similar to me, and the 330 was certainly not worth $10K more IMO.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Devil's Advocate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whew, I thought that it was another racing thread. I was starting to think that the heat was getting to everyone.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:11 AM
I haven't read the article yet, but I did compare those 3 and especially the 330ci and G35 Coupe before purchasing my G. My conclusion was the same as yours, the 330ci isn't worth $10k more than the G. I previously owned an '00 BMW 323ci and IMO the interior wasn't any better than the G and I didn't see much difference between the '00 and the '05.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:32 AM
The BMW definitely won't seem better when you are driving around an old *** 318 loaner car while your 330 sits in the shop all the time

Old 08-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by AVJunkie
I haven't read the article yet, but I did compare those 3 and especially the 330ci and G35 Coupe before purchasing my G. My conclusion was the same as yours, the 330ci isn't worth $10k more than the G. I previously owned an '00 BMW 323ci and IMO the interior wasn't any better than the G and I didn't see much difference between the '00 and the '05.
I beg to differ, the 330 is way more drivable and nimble then the g35...

After my horror story with Infiniti, I regret buying my G35....

read for your selves...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280424

Old 08-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by hater
The BMW definitely won't seem better when you are driving around an old *** 318 loaner car while your 330 sits in the shop all the time

loaneres are X3's and 325's...

Old 08-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I thought I read this in Borders... didnt they use the G35 Sedan rather than the coupe?

Trending Topics

Old 08-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by djinferno

read for your selves...

After reading that, my question to you is why do you still drive the G? Seems like its caused you nothing but pain from the start when in all reality everything you mentioned (except for the back problem) is really no problem at all...you made a novel out of no REAL topic...

Old 08-02-2005, 10:42 AM
loaneres are X3's and 325's...
Depends on the dealer. They are privately owned. One dealer near me will give me only x3's. THe other dealer will not give me a loaner b/c I did not get me BMW from them, and if I did it would be through Enterprise providing me with a Toyota Camry. The other local dealer will give me a Ford Focus. Finally the other dealer will give out 325's.

Also, depending on the magazine, they are usually close and both cars have won before.

DJ- sorry to hear about your problems. I have never felt any pain at all from my seats.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
After reading that, my question to you is why do you still drive the G? Seems like its caused you nothing but pain from the start when in all reality everything you mentioned (except for the back problem) is really no problem at all...you made a novel out of no REAL topic...

If you read the hole thing properly, you will see I had to give the car back after 13 days and take a 8000$ loss in the process

Old 08-02-2005, 11:13 AM

read for your selves...

YOu made many mistakes that even you admit. #1 is that you bought from a scumbag salesman. They are everywhere. The guy i got my car from was great and continued to call to check on an issue that the window tinting people caused. I had an awesome experience. And as for your seat issue that does suck but its the first i ever heard about it. My car is very very comfortable. More so then the 330 that i test drove, thats why i bought it.

Sounds like you had a bad experience but you are drawing false conclusions and generalizations based on your bad experience.

-DZ

Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Devil's Advocate
I tested a 330ci. I thought that it handled well and the interior was decent. It just lacked about 50hp and the styling didn't excite me like the G coupe does.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by PDX_g35
And as for your seat issue that does suck but its the first i ever heard about it. My car is very very comfortable. More so then the 330 that i test drove, thats why i bought it.
-DZ
its the first time you ever hear about it?

then use the search engine on this site and put "seat" on the tittles alone and you will be made aware of G owners problems my friend

Old 08-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Actually, I find my Coupe's seats way more comfortable than my 2001 325ci with sport.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:33 AM
well, this is a news to me reading bout the seats and stuff. im bout sold on getting a G35 coup in the next 6 months or something altho still leave my options open (wanted that M3 bad..hehe, but its a bmw.. too expensive for me (insurance, car, maintainace, etc..)

i have read alotta good things bout the G and it sure is better than a Z (which i wanted befor for quite a long time). the G is just overall better with more usability.

ok back to the topic: i really dont understand how the seats are so bad? is it just for some people but not others?i dont quite understand the problem with the seats!

my thought would be that its a asian car and the seats are made for smaller people? some guys are much taller or bigger, it coiuld make one feel unconfortable in the seat. is that possible? or what are the causes?

i guess i better have some good seat time in a G b4 i really make my decision. but the story sure is scary. sorry for the pain u have to go through. however, i wouldnt say G35 is terrible. many loves it.

here is a break down of ur problem that i sorta realized:

1) you went to the worst dealership ever... sorry man. but not all infiniti dealers are like that. i have heard alotta bad expeiernces from bmw, benz, and so on. u may happend to have a nice bmw dealer near u, but doenst mean all are nice like that. afterall, bmw is a lux brand, and many of those salesperson are there to suck ur blood dry..thats what i have heard. so its not the car's fault...its ur dealership

2) you jumped into the deal yourself. i feel sorry for u and i sure am mad bout the infiniti dealership u had to go through. however, it was still ur decision. u could have easily walked out or just bitch at the guy like i would if he was that pushy. he be lucky that i dont throw a punch at him. one thing we need to know tho, is that many salesman (if not almost all) are pushy and wanting to sell u something. thats their job. u knew it too! so its still not the car's fault. its the dealership.

3) you had pain in the seats, now we dont exactly know what the problem is. like i mentioned earlier, it could be cuz the seats are not suited for you? i mean, just like racing seats, they could be very confortable for some, but if a guy is 300 pounds, i dont think one that size can fit in it. of coures, im not saying u fat or anything. 5'11 and 200 or so lb is pretty built i guess? but u r a big guy..and as u know, infiniti/nissan is a japanese company and i would believe that their seats are more or less suited for asians...who are much smaller in frame. that could or couldntn be the problem..i dont no, but i can not think of any the reasons. so it's really not the car's fault, its partly urs and the dealer's fault. u did not take enough time to test drive and get a feeling of the car..which , of course, was the salesperson's fault. again, blame it on the sh!tty dealership!

4) i was curoius, how come u didnt take ur car to another infiniti. they may be able to take care of the problem u have or give u a higher price for ur car.

saying all this, i feel so sorry for u. i do learn from ur experience and hopefully i'll make the right decision when i purchase my next car.

goodluck and wish the best to you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 330 vs G35 vs A4