G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

color problem... RED EXT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its so odd... the red looks good to me in all the dark or night pics... but I don't like it in the daytime too much.

welp, its settled... I've decided to pass up this deal. I've been churning the idea in my head and trying to convince myself to go for the red, but I've decided against it.

Not that anybody will particularly care... but here are my reasons:

1) I'm buying this car... the first expensive sports car I've ever purchased... for the purpose of A) enjoying it personally, and B) portraying an image of success and class to my clients. I'm a young business person, 27yrs old, and in the insurance biz... where lots of gray haired old timers get business that I don't because of their experience. I'm nervous that stepping out of a bright laser red sports car portrays the image of either, "this kid has had some success, but is a bit too loose with his money and is a bit on the edgy side"... or "this kid is trying to act like he is successfull but hasn't hit the bigtime yet". Strangely, I might feel comfortable driving a red Ferrari or Lambo, cars that are a step above the Infiniti level... but a red G35 seems like a stretch. Maybe this makes no sense to anybody but me. ??

2) Even a deal thats going to save me $3k isn't worth driving the "wrong" color for me. I'm not buying this car to save money... I'm buying it to enjoy and to show my success to my clients. If I really want to save money, I can keep driving my 97 infiniti or 96 green saturn... they run just fine.

Bottomline: I'm just not convinced that a red sports car will be the most enjoyable for me to drive and I don't think it will put the right image out there that I'm shooting for. And so... I'm back looking on the market again!

My thought is that getting a DG or IP ext. will get me what I want as far as a sports car, while portraying a "quiet confidence" to my clients.

whattayathink?

Old 08-07-2005, 04:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
watever makes you happy. If money isn't a thing, then just wait.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Dude RED is the best!!! I have one too!!! Seriously though, I mean if I am rolling in a G I like to stand out, why? Being 18, graduating High School, and rolling in a G is great! Seriously if its comming from a fixed up all motor Acura Integra that had a ferarri yellow paint that could've easily probably pulled 12 to low 13's on the track, it's just as good to me, especially when you can get 17'' volk gtn's (gun metal) dude 19'' is just as good on a red, gold or black! or even white, but yea... until one day a stupid tacoma that didn't stop fully on a stop sign slammed into me =(( blah but I love my G, seriously!!! Red is HOT! xD Get it man, i got mine for 29000 from the dealer! Six Speed, Sports Package and Bose? Damn can't get better than that, o yea Brembos too! But yea get red! Only thing it's an AT but none the less its a G..

Old 08-07-2005, 11:12 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ I think you missed the part about working with gray haired old timers, or you can't fully grasp the concept of making a good impression to one's clients? The OP isn't 18 right out of HS, nor does he care about putting 19" on it. Color and transmission are 2 things you don't argue about.

Old 08-07-2005, 12:27 PM
O I totally understand what you mean, I was just stating my opinion about a red G. I was just simply trying to tell him where my point of view is comming from, which is an 18 year old college bound student. So it's like basically upgrading from HS to College, samething with 17'' to 19''s to me. Heh.

Old 08-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
^^ I think you missed the part about working with gray haired old timers,
ha... my thoughts exactly as I read that post. I was cracking up. That made me feel better about my decision though.

I just went out today with the intent to buy another great deal I found... was Diamond Graphite. My wife and I were both left with a "blah" feeling after seeing it. I think that color looks good... except for EVERYBODY has it. Even non-G35's have a similair color. My buddy has a nice BMW ... almost same exact color.

So, now I'm leaning toward the white or the Desert Platinum. Either way I go on the exterior, I think I want the tan interior now that I've seen the gray and black interior.

I DO have time... and prices aren't going to go any higher, so there really is no reason for me to buy so long as I can discipline myself. And I have roughly 30,000 reasons to stick to a disciplined approach to this whole thing.

I hope no offense taken on my thoughts on red. Sorry Tinman. If I were in another business, I probably WOULD get red or black with the manual tranny... would be so much fun to drive. But... I've got a biz to run, and family and kids that keep me from babying my car too much.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah I guess age has to do with it also, being 17 with a laser red 05 coupe. I passed up black 05 coupe with navi just so I can get a laser red g without navi. Tell me I'm crazy, I had no intention on getting a red car until I say the only laser red g in the lot among many black and dg.