G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

VDC and Slip, not check engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VDC and Slip, not check engine

I just bought an 03 5at, everything works/drives fine but the vdc and slip lights are both on, however, the check engine light is not on nor has it been on. One thing that was done was the vdc switch was unplugged so the panel that it is attached to could be removed. It was also started while I had the panel and switch off and unplugged. I kinda assume this is what caused the problem.
I have tried both the pedal method and the unhook, touch, and rehook batt. cables method. The only method I haven't tried to reset the ECU is the 12hr discharge. Does anyone know how to get these lights to go off??? I would try the 12hr but I won't be able to do it til next weekend because I need the car, I have searched the forums and everyone basically just says "take it to the dealer", I cannot because the dealer is so far away. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:48 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by izzmanSR
I just bought an 03 5at, everything works/drives fine but the vdc and slip lights are both on, however, the check engine light is not on nor has it been on. One thing that was done was the vdc switch was unplugged so the panel that it is attached to could be removed. It was also started while I had the panel and switch off and unplugged. I kinda assume this is what caused the problem.
I have tried both the pedal method and the unhook, touch, and rehook batt. cables method. The only method I haven't tried to reset the ECU is the 12hr discharge. Does anyone know how to get these lights to go off??? I would try the 12hr but I won't be able to do it til next weekend because I need the car, I have searched the forums and everyone basically just says "take it to the dealer", I cannot because the dealer is so far away. Any help would be much appreciated.
I think you need the dealer to hook his Consult II scan tool to clear the lights.
C.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Have your local dealer check it out. Your brake pads might be worn.

Old 08-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Another thing, the lights aren't on when I start the car, they only come on when I put the car in drive. They don't come on when I put the car in reverse, but as soon as I move it into drive gear the lights come on. The closest dealer is hours from my house. I am just curious if anyone else has had this exact problem, not just vdc and slip lights, but the exact symptoms as mine, such as when they only come on when I put the car in drive and at no other time.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:21 PM
i have the same problem. only started doing this after i installed y-pipe, cat, & exhaust. my break is squealing a little so i know i need new brake pads, but not sure which is causing the VDC & slip light on. (i tried the pedal method too, and didnt work for shiet.)