G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Blame G35 for causing pain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by E_K
Whether or not the seat is comfortable is subjective. Maybe it is uncomfortable to you, and no one can disprove that. But when you say that the car caused your "back gave in," that's hard to believe when....

You played hockey the week before buying the car:
"Saturday morning 10:00 AM after a hockey game with my coworkers, I decided to drop by Gwinnett Infiniti dealership to get some more information about the G35 coupe and grab a brochure."

You played hockey again after driving the car:
"The next day Saturday, I had hockey again next to the dealer, I brought the car back because for some reason the car steering wheel was not strait to me, angled."

In the other forum you talk about doing 300+ lbs deadlifts.

Are you saying that you can do all the twisting and lateral movements involved with hockey, along with deadlights, but when you sat in a car with the back essentially stationary, the act of sitting throws your back out? An uncomfortable seat can certainly aggravate a back problem. But unless you're a 70 year old woman with osteoporosis of the spine, your back injury most likely was the result of something other than sitting in a seat.
Well ever since I got rid of the car, my back has been doing better... I can drive any other car fine, I sat in another G35 and the seat controls cause me to be sitting at a angle, my spine feals curved....

I never sais my back gave in, I said it popped...

And no I don't have back problems... I'm a very sporty guy and my back is not a problem... you have no frame of reference to talk about hockey and back problems unless you play... theres no hitting in hockey unless you play pro... I play in Adult leagues and coach kids... at no time is my back in real jepordy of getting hurt more then lets say soccer so...

Old 08-10-2005, 02:14 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm just quoting you:
"I never sais my back gave in, I said it popped..."

Then in your original post you said:
"Then it happened, my back gave in"

Edit: I can't tell if you mean hitting as hitting a puck or hitting another player. But I never said "hitting."

Ok, I'll agree with you that you're a "sporty" guy. Bottom line is, no one (including Infiniti, any attorny, any doctor) is going to believe that your back went out from a seat when you're actively involved in sports.

Last edited by E_K; 08-10-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by E_K
I'm just quoting you:
"I never sais my back gave in, I said it popped..."

Then in your original post you said:
"Then it happened, my back gave in"

Edit: I can't tell if you mean hitting as hitting a puck or hitting another player. But I never said "hitting."

Ok, I'll agree with you that you're a "sporty" guy. Bottom line is, no one (including Infiniti, any attorny, any doctor) is going to believe that your back went out from a seat when you're actively involved in sports.
Well If the fact that I was willing to lose 8000$ and get back to the car I originaly had when I could easaly afford the G35 would set some kind of alarm in my head that for some reason, there was something about the car that caused him to react that way... Period and all this within 13 days...

Last edited by djinferno; 08-10-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:30 PM
This car kills my back as well, as does my 350z.

As soon as I sit in any other car, I am fine. I am suffering from sciatic nerve damage, as a result probably from a car accident I had earlier this year.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:48 PM
I think the leg issue is well documented. I've felt it and it hurt like hell. I was lucky that I was able to change my driving position alittle until the seat broke in. FOR ME, the seat softening up was enough, I havent felt it since. I think it's totally plausible that you hurt your back sitting at an angle so your leg wouldnt hurt. The seat issue has always been controversial for those that never felt it. There's little arguement from those who have felt it tho.

*However*, it was that rambling manifesto of a post that has made you a target of ridicule. People just dont have the attention span to read thru your finance terms on a post about leg/back pain. I can appreaciate your desire to document the entire ordeal, but it hasnt really helped that your post was discussed in off-topic labeled as "G35 breaks back".

Old 08-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by narkotic
This car kills my back as well, as does my 350z.

As soon as I sit in any other car, I am fine. I am suffering from sciatic nerve damage, as a result probably from a car accident I had earlier this year.

You my friend are unlucky, I heard from researching backs lately that sciatic nerve damage can cripple your life... Weird that you mention that, I have a older guy at my job that said he had a problem with a Maxima and his back...
He sais that his back just does not fit in Nissan products... Something to do with the ergonomics they use... I don't think that thats my problem since i sat in a 350z with no problem (Not for a long time mind you)... but then again I have not tried ever since this back thing came up... but like you, as soon as a touched the seat, i felted bent... and the fact that I could not reach the headrest when I drove compounded the problem... It was freaky, it was like, sit, hurt, sit, hurt...

Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That^ exact problem can be attributed to car seats that place pressure on the back of the thigh.

I don't doubt that the seat-controls in the thigh bolster can cause such a problem... ...along with other problems resulting from poor alignment induced by avoidance of the seat-controls. That's not to say that I think this fella is going about this properly. He should have had some indication there was going to be a problem with the seats just from sitting in them. I also don't dispute that this guy's back hurt to the point of him wanting to pay $8K to get it to stop. But, in the end, I think he rushed into buying the car and then wanted to give it back so badly that they really got him. That type of thing illustrates the tactics of dealers, like he said, but it also illustrates the need to research before you buy.

I do like the e-mail trail he re-posted. That guy took his beef with Infiniti's design of the seat and did something productive, which certainly entailed less effort than the smear-campaign that this comes across as.

Yes, the seat controls in the thigh bolster suck and I wish Infiniti redesigned them so I wouldn't have to. It's not too annoying yet, but may evetually find myself moving the control switch. Someone did it on here without much effort, however, it doesn't seem like many have been able to find pics of the results.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by TimW
I think the leg issue is well documented. I've felt it and it hurt like hell. I was lucky that I was able to change my driving position alittle until the seat broke in. FOR ME, the seat softening up was enough, I havent felt it since. I think it's totally plausible that you hurt your back sitting at an angle so your leg wouldnt hurt. The seat issue has always been controversial for those that never felt it. There's little arguement from those who have felt it tho.

*However*, it was that rambling manifesto of a post that has made you a target of ridicule. People just dont have the attention span to read thru your finance terms on a post about leg/back pain. I can appreaciate your desire to document the entire ordeal, but it hasnt really helped that your post was discussed in off-topic labeled as "G35 breaks back".
I was asked by a lawyer to document everything... I tought it would help others to read about a bad experience so they to don't get tangled with what I think is a bad dealer... I never expected for people to see it as rambling but more like help... FYI

Sorry If it came accross as crying like some called it, I beleive I went tru a bad experience and my loved ones suggested I document the events in case my back gets really bad...

I love car boards, I beleived they have saved me a ton of money and I enjoy sharing and talking about cars with owners...

I guess this sharing was not appreciated, for that I am sorry

Old 08-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The short of it is you got a car that you didn't like because you didn't drive it enough before buying it. You sold it back and took a loss (what else did you expect), and that's tough. I don't think any other auto manufacturer would have handled your situation any differently. You say you've had good experiences with others in the past, fine - but did you ever try to "return" one of their cars? I doubt it.

Anecdotal evidence is just that. I could go on and on about how VW/Audi treated me like dirt for a year, but what's the point? Your situation was brought on by yourself and now you're trying to blame someone else.

Call it whatever you want - it's a crusade. You're proactively posting on other manufactuers boards about your problems with Infiniti with no provocation from members of those boards, how can that be construed as anything but a crusade?

Last edited by Picus; 08-10-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
That^ exact problem can be attributed to car seats that place pressure on the back of the thigh.

I don't doubt that the seat-controls in the thigh bolster can cause such a problem... ...along with other problems resulting from poor alignment induced by avoidance of the seat-controls. That's not to say that I think this fella is going about this properly. He should have had some indication there was going to be a problem with the seats just from sitting in them. I also don't dispute that this guy's back hurt to the point of him wanting to pay $8K to get it to stop. But, in the end, I think he rushed into buying the car and then wanted to give it back so badly that they really got him. That type of thing illustrates the tactics of dealers, like he said, but it also illustrates the need to research before you buy.

I do like the e-mail trail he re-posted. That guy took his beef with Infiniti's design of the seat and did something productive, which certainly entailed less effort than the smear-campaign that this comes across as.

Yes, the seat controls in the thigh bolster suck and I wish Infiniti redesigned them so I wouldn't have to. It's not too annoying yet, but may evetually find myself moving the control switch. Someone did it on here without much effort, however, it doesn't seem like many have been able to find pics of the results.
Today, with less pain and more time to think about it, I can trully say, I over reacted, but at the time, I was in pain, looking for help and only finding people who had tried to do what I was intending to do, like send a letter and looking for alternatives getting nowhere...

I got a new car after 8 months of searching around and getting information... check when I registard on this board, long before I got the car, read the reviews, looked for all I had to, Edmonds, Consumer report etc... At this time of my life, I was tired of all this modifying cars stuff, I just purchased a car to drive... just drive... no mods nothing, the car had looks, all the gadgets you need etc... when this came up plus the pain, I was like hell no, my mind set was get rid of the GTI because you would need to mod it to be happy...

Where I come from, the G35 is a 50K$ car so I was not expecting this noncence out of Infiniti... Dan I had A Honda Prelude and the dealer changed the Engine because of oil consumption... I guess more money does not mean first class people....

Old 08-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
The short of it is you got a car that you didn't like because you didn't drive it enough before buying it. You sold it back and took a loss (what else did you expect), and that's tough. I don't think any other auto manufacturer would have handled your situation any differently. You say you've had good experiences with others in the past, fine - but did you ever try to "return" one of their cars? I doubt it.

Anecdotal evidence is just that. I could go on and on about how VW/Audi treated me like dirt for a year, but what's the point? Your situation was brought on by yourself and now you're trying to blame someone else.

Call it whatever you want - it's a crusade. You're proactively posting on other manufactuers boards about your problems with Infiniti with no provocation from members of those boards, how can that be construed as anything but a crusade?
I told you It took at least 1 week to realize the problem, no amount of test driving would allow me to see that... you don't get comfortable on a test drive... I know I don't, I'm trying to break the car in properly and understand the clutch and you mean to tell me that I would notice seats... common man... So everyone who had a problem with the seats are just stupid for not notacing that the seats where going to become a problem

Now the only thing I brought on my self is getting the dealer to take 3K off the car (Guily as charged)....

Call it a crusade, I'm just saying what happenned, If nothing they did and tactics they used where wrong, everybody will see it as nothing right?

Old 08-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by djinferno
Today, with less pain and more time to think about it, I can trully say, I over reacted, but at the time, I was in pain, looking for help and only finding people who had tried to do what I was intending to do, like send a letter and looking for alternatives getting nowhere...

I got a new car after 8 months of searching around and getting information... check when I registard on this board, long before I got the car, read the reviews, looked for all I had to, Edmonds, Consumer report etc... At this time of my life, I was tired of all this modifying cars stuff, I just purchased a car to drive... just drive... no mods nothing, the car had looks, all the gadgets you need etc... when this came up plus the pain, I was like hell no, my mind set was get rid of the GTI because you would need to mod it to be happy...

Where I come from, the G35 is a 50K$ car so I was not expecting this noncence out of Infiniti... Dan I had A Honda Prelude and the dealer changed the Engine because of oil consumption... I guess more money does not mean first class people....
All I can say is that if I received 1/10th of the grief you did in the first 10 minutes I was at your dealer, I would have been out of there. No one deserves to be treated that way or rushed or pressured, but some dealers do it - it's just the way it is.

You allowed yourself to be 'managed' by this crappy dealer and he got the better of you. Your fault? Yeah, but it happens to a lot of people everyday. Next time you'll know better and will place yourself in a better position, yes?

As I said after reading the thread the first time - I felt like I was watching a slow motion train wreck. You know that burning feeling you get on the back of your neck when you're watching someone make a really bad mistake? Just like that...

I hope everything works out for you - really. You've been around the board a while and you know this group of whack-jobs will joke about just about anything. Don't take it personal - the joke is about the situation in general, not yours in particular. No one wishes you any real ill will, pain, or financial loss.

Good luck.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
All I can say is that if I received 1/10th of the grief you did in the first 10 minutes I was at your dealer, I would have been out of there. No one deserves to be treated that way or rushed or pressured, but some dealers do it - it's just the way it is.

You allowed yourself to be 'managed' by this crappy dealer and he got the better of you. Your fault? Yeah, but it happens to a lot of people everyday. Next time you'll know better and will place yourself in a better position, yes?

As I said after reading the thread the first time - I felt like I was watching a slow motion train wreck. You know that burning feeling you get on the back of your neck when you're watching someone make a really bad mistake? Just like that...

I hope everything works out for you - really. You've been around the board a while and you know this group of whack-jobs will joke about just about anything. Don't take it personal - the joke is about the situation in general, not yours in particular. No one wishes you any real ill will, pain, or financial loss.

Good luck.
The important thing is not how I got the car... Presured or not, I was going to get it, it's the way I was treated about a problem I know Infiniti knows about since the service manager told me he was aware but could do nothing for me... the SOL mentality is not legal, It's called product liability... and if more people pushed on Infiniti like the 350Z owners did, it would be a class action.... look at this guy from this board again, he just got rid of the car because he could...

Javarama
Trader Rating: (0)

Seat Comfort

I stumbled upon this forum as I was searching for a solution to some rather severe back pain problems I am experiencing from driving my new G35. There have been quite a few threads on this site dedicated to this topic, although most folks who find the seat uncomfortable are complaining about leg discomfort while for me it is the upper right side of the back rest causing lat pain. Although I've only owned the car two months, I think I'm going to trade it in and take the financial hit. Not real happy about it to say the least, but driving what for me amounts to a torture-mobile just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I did take the vehicle back to the dealer and they told me they had never encountered anyone complaining about back pain (they must not track sites like this). They seemed helpful and even put a new seat in the vehicle at no charge to me. But I still have the same problem. Hard to imagine my size (6' 1", 190 lbs) is too large for the vehicle.

When I test drove the car, I didn't notice any discomfort with the seat... and I loved (and still do) everything else about the G. I've owned many vehicles over the years and do not even consider seat comfort when purchasing (until now). I can't think of a single car I have ever owned or drived that I found so incredibly uncomfortable.

Compounding my own problem, a good buddy of mine also bought a G35 a couple weeks after I bought mine because he liked it so much. He is also now complaining about seat discomfort.

To the extent anyone who is considering purchasing a G reads this post I would strongly encourage them to somehow get hold of the vehicle for a week or so before purchasing. As I noted above, I absolutely love everything about the car except the driver's seat. Unfortunately for me, that means that I'm probably going to take a $5k hit.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:35 PM
All I was saying is that your 'manifesto' on other car boards isnt going to win you any friends here. I actually can empathize with your situation, having felt it after 2-3 weeks. I think you've made your case repeatedly. I highly doubt youre going to change any minds here on this board. If had not felt it myself, I'd probably think you were bringing the drama. So, I can kinda see how both sides feel about this.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:38 PM
There's no need to drive the car for a week.. Put your wallet in your right pocket, rest your right knee on the console, then hang a *hard* left hand turn. If you can still walk without a limp, you're golden.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blame G35 for causing pain?