G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Blame G35 for causing pain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I like to think of myself as a "sporty" guy (I play basketball twice a week) I also have back issues -- Pinched nerves that can be aggrevated by a number of things.

Here, we are not talking about a defective product. The car in question was built to factory standards. The question is whether the design is adequate. When talking about comfort issues, the impact varies from person to person. What may be great for me is not for you, and vice versa. Our friend here (apparently) picked a bad design for him. Of course, seven days hardly seems enough to identify the problem.

By comparison, I have chairs in my house that I cannot comfortably sit in. My wife can, and so can guests, but not me. Should I be able to return the chairs for a full refund? Or is that my problem?

Old 08-19-2005, 07:27 PM
I love the seats in my old 2001.5 Passat and thought they were some of the best seats I've ever had in a car. My son drives the car and complains after about a half hour that his back is killing him. I use very little, if any lumbar support and he wants it set the to max. The other thing Is I set with the seat in a fairly upright position while he tries to be cool and is almost laying down when he drives. I think allot has to do with each of our driving positons, etc. Might be that I have a built in lumbar support, 5'10" 240 lbs.

Old 08-20-2005, 02:58 AM
WTF is wrong with this guy. He obviously have some kind of problem. People like him always tries to get free stuff by filing complaints. Hey, you should get a Buick or something if you want soft seats. Damn... sorry as* ****.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by Tax_Time
While I like to think of myself as a "sporty" guy (I play basketball twice a week) I also have back issues -- Pinched nerves that can be aggrevated by a number of things.

Here, we are not talking about a defective product. The car in question was built to factory standards. The question is whether the design is adequate. When talking about comfort issues, the impact varies from person to person. What may be great for me is not for you, and vice versa. Our friend here (apparently) picked a bad design for him. Of course, seven days hardly seems enough to identify the problem.

By comparison, I have chairs in my house that I cannot comfortably sit in. My wife can, and so can guests, but not me. Should I be able to return the chairs for a full refund? Or is that my problem?

But you can't return half eaten entree at a restaurant.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:04 AM
he never said that. He was having leg pain (many have this), he was sitting in an angled position and it aggravated his back. Thats it in a nutshell. And totally plausible. He didnt say the seats caused it directly. Unless you consider the seat controls causing him to sit that way.

But I really dont agree with alot of the dialog in this thread (either side). This is polarizing an already difficult issue (leg pain). I dont think its helping those that do have the issue.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TimW
he never said that. He was having leg pain (many have this), he was sitting in an angled position and it aggravated his back. Thats it in a nutshell. And totally plausible. He didnt say the seats caused it directly. Unless you consider the seat controls causing him to sit that way.

But I really dont agree with alot of the dialog in this thread (either side). This is polarizing an already difficult issue (leg pain). I dont think its helping those that do have the issue.

What you post is true, but the reality is that it is extraordinarily unlikely that anyone who has never had an issue with their back, would find the seats in the G35C so bad that they caused back pain for the first time. Anyone that has back pain should seek out cars that are known for comfort and avoid at all cost cars that focus on performance. For example I love Porsches, but over the last few years I've noticed my back tightening up after extended rides in my 996. So rather than complaining to Porsche about how uncomfortable their cars are, I bought another car that is more comfortable. If I had serious back pain like the originator of this thread, I'd be looking at an LS 430 or ES 300 and certainly not a G35C with a sports suspension and 19" wheels..

Old 08-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by djinferno
also i never said 9K for seats i said 4k for a pair, for the dum guys out there, that means 2 seats.... You guys talking all these low ball prices for seats get your facts strait, this is a G not a dam civic.. step your game up or shut up....
Oh really cos I quote from your earlier post:

that was going to be 9K and i did not have the money cash anyway...

The problem is not the car - It is your back. You are bleeding all over the internet. Have you not noticed that every site you are on (and there are others- only you know how many) everyone responds with "shut up already - you're boring me"

Listen George Costanza - take the wallet out of your back pocket when your sitting down and start walking everywhere.
And stop telling the world about your menstrual cramps.

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2005, 11:45 AM
I deadlift over 400 pounds squat over 500 pounds, bench press 350 on a bad day and leg press over 800...
Maybe that's where you hurt your back!

Last edited by big daddy d; 08-20-2005 at 12:09 PM. Reason: To remove gratuitous obscenity.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:35 PM
moe
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to rehash this, but I am starting to question if my G35c driver seat in somehow causing me pain. I am not kidding about this, but I feel like if I jump in and out of the car, I end up straining my back somehow. I am not trying to be a wimp about this, but I when I only drive the car on weekends, I notice the difference.

I have had no issues with other low to the ground cars. I have owned a 3000GT Turbo for over 10 years, and I am relatively fit and not yet 30 years of age. Something about the G seats is awkward, I don't want to slouch but I also need the seat up close , since I am not 6 feet tall.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:57 PM
I sat in the drivers seat of a g35 for the first time last week and I have to admit that my right thigh felt a little cramped but other than that it was fine. I am 6 1 210lbs, I am not fat by any means. It does pinch a little near the seat controls, but I think I can live with it. But Infiniti really did design those seats with the average Japanese male in mind.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by tomcatm
I sat in the drivers seat of a g35 for the first time last week and I have to admit that my right thigh felt a little cramped but other than that it was fine. I am 6 1 210lbs, I am not fat by any means. It does pinch a little near the seat controls, but I think I can live with it. But Infiniti really did design those seats with the average Japanese male in mind.

And I am 6'0, 230 lbs, and can weightlift more than our whineyboy djinferno, and I have no problems whatsoever with the seats and actually think they are quite comfortable.

So, I don't think they are designed for the average Japanese male, it just so happens that they don't fit everybody.

Dave

Old 10-07-2005, 05:46 AM
Well, I posted the same thread before about this "numb leg" issue. I am one of the "minority" who experience numb legs, exactly what is described in this thread.

The analogy to this issue is more like 03 and 04's sunglass holder. Some people find their sunglasses fit just right, but some people have problems with it. A lot of G owners here actually make fun of those who can't fit their sunglasses in the holder (i.e. you've got a giant head!!! freak). What's up with that?

I just went to do my oil change at the dealorship today and I was given a 05 loaner car. I noticed that they also changed the seat for sedan? I am not sure but right now the 05 sedan cushion (on driver's side) is 3-piece and it used to be 2 piece. I just want to say, the 05 seat is 100 times more uncomfortable than the 03.

I am 5'9" 160lbs and I also have this numb leg problem. However, if I adjust my seating position, or before I drive I do not exercise my legs that much (such as running or walking or standing for over 15 minutes), this numb leg pain is dramatically reduced. But to be honest, I never need to adjust myself to a "seat" on many other cars though.

I did not have this problem in the beginning. Therefore, please do not blame the guy (or me the minority) for not taking a test drive because nobody ain't gonna notice the numb leg from a test drive; That is why car magazines have long term tests on cars because some problems cannot be discovered in a 5-10 minutes test drive.

I think the people who suffer from numb leb / back pain issue should all send their concerns to infiniti headquarter. It would definitely be nice if infiniti can fix such problem. In my previous thread I already stated, it is not of my interest to bring this to a lawsuit, but it would make a very good impression on me if Infiniti offers some help.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:56 AM
sorry, but I dont think this thread is the place to talk about the pinched nerve issue *and* be taken seriously. There's just too much extraneous BS and ridicule associated with this whole tedious thread. In a very narrow way, I sympathize with the original poster, but I think the drama around this issue (and especially this post) has done more harm than good.

All I can say to the rest of you who havent had the problem yet feel compelled to vigorously defend how your seats feel to you, dont lump everyone that has the issue in with this post.

i would let this thread die. start your own thread if you want to have a civil discussion about the issue. Expect some to mention this thread, ignore it.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Man, I was in a really bad situation for the last month, since my old Acura got stolen, been fighting back and forth with the insurance company... and that my 1 week old G35 coupe got egged.

but this guy's story make me feel i am actually luckier than him.

I am not sure i agree with him on the seats.. I think G35 seats are one of the best out there.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:38 PM
That guy's just foolish.

Last edited by yacoub; 10-07-2005 at 01:52 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blame G35 for causing pain?