G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Blame G35 for causing pain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
If you're talking the 350Z tire class action, you're talking apples and oranges.

The condition you're suffering with is subjective to YOUR body. The situation with the 350Z is mechanical and affects everyone that owns the car. One is provable, defineable, and correctable. Yours is subjective, debatable, and deniable.

In order to prove product liability, you have to show direct correlation between the product and your problem. You can claim it, and point to others that claim it, but that proves nothing. The numbers aren't in your favor.

The fact that Infiniti left the seat controls where they've always been in the 06 tells me that they don't think the problem is with their seat regardless of what their customers say. I'm sure they have the science to back it up. I'm sure the other cars in this class would do the same under the same circumstances.

As for how this dealer is treating you after the sale, I'm amazed that you're surprised or outraged. After how they got you into the car, what did you expect? In my case, how I'm treated in the first 30 seconds will tell me all I need know about a car dealer. If I get the creepy, slimy, used car salesman BS from the beginning, there is no second minute. I'm back in my car and gone. Usually when you're not instantly comfortable, there is a reason. You didn't trust your first instinct, now you're paying for it.

Once more - good luck.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Also, I don't doubt what you're saying or that it causes the problems you claim - not one bit. I hadn't stated that and thought it worth offering. I am very familiar with the oddities of back pain - how you can lift weights and run but not sit in a certain kind of chair makes perfect sense. I've seen it in other people and have experienced it to a degree myself - just not in the G.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by djinferno
I told you It took at least 1 week to realize the problem, no amount of test driving would allow me to see that... you don't get comfortable on a test drive... I know I don't, I'm trying to break the car in properly and understand the clutch and you mean to tell me that I would notice seats... common man... So everyone who had a problem with the seats are just stupid for not notacing that the seats where going to become a problem

Now the only thing I brought on my self is getting the dealer to take 3K off the car (Guily as charged)....

Call it a crusade, I'm just saying what happenned, If nothing they did and tactics they used where wrong, everybody will see it as nothing right?
First off let me offer my sympathies to you because I had a bad back many years ago and they aren't fun. It's pain that lasts 24 hours a day and it wears on you.

My question to you is whether or not you've experienced back pain in the past. The combination of a relatively stiff suspension and 19" tires could certainly aggrevate a pre-existing condition. I find the seats in the G35 to be comfortable but my recent cars were Sports Cars which in most cases don't have very comfortable seats. If I took over an hour ride in my 996, my back would get stiff but that comes with driving a car with a sports suspension and low profile tires. So it never even crossed my mind to go to my Porsche dealer and complain that my $80K+ car should have comfortable seats. He would probably tell me that if I want comfort buy a Lexus.

I would find it hard to believe, although not out of the question, that you had a perfectly healthy back and that the seats in the G35 are so horrendous that it caused your back to pop, to use your description. My unsolicited advice to you would be to stay away from Sports Cars and buy cars that are noted for their luxury like a LS 430.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it me or does the teller sounds like a GUY, then everyone posted "she" as the poster? what the hell? and yeah, my back did hurt a while on the long drive home from nashville, where i got my car, but i am already to the point where i adjusted it to my satisfaction. and about the wheel being angled a bit, i wasn't aware of that until i read about it, but come on, who drive with their hands at 10 and 2 all the time?

Old 08-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
First off let me offer my sympathies to you because I had a bad back many years ago and they aren't fun. It's pain that lasts 24 hours a day and it wears on you.

My question to you is whether or not you've experienced back pain in the past. The combination of a relatively stiff suspension and 19" tires could certainly aggrevate a pre-existing condition.
I seriously considard that before giving the car back but no, actualy, my GTI is on 18" rims and a 3" stiff drop with lower profile then the G so I don't think it's that... It could be but I really doult it...

Old 08-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by JohnnyCham
is it me or does the teller sounds like a GUY, then everyone posted "she" as the poster? what the hell? and yeah, my back did hurt a while on the long drive home from nashville, where i got my car, but i am already to the point where i adjusted it to my satisfaction. and about the wheel being angled a bit, i wasn't aware of that until i read about it, but come on, who drive with their hands at 10 and 2 all the time?
Yes i'm a He...

and yes 10 and 2 is the way i drive most of the time... I try to keep a strait stance when I drive for more control... I don't beleive in Gangsta driving...
Also, I do beleive that if you drive with one hand, you will be sideways... thats how I got hurt in the first place...

10 and 2 or 9 and 3 at the T's for more control...

Old 08-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by djinferno
Where I come from, the G35 is a 50K$ car so I was not expecting this noncence out of Infiniti... Dan I had A Honda Prelude and the dealer changed the Engine because of oil consumption... I guess more money does not mean first class people....

I think that the biggest problem that you have besides being on a rant that would make Dennis Miller proud and not knowing when to be a grown up and let something go (you don't even have a G anymore) is that the sky in your world is definately not blue.

You bought a 50K car that you decided after the fact was uncofortable and you went back to the dealer and expected....expected what? That they would treat your personal discomfort like it was a defective Honda engine? "Sorry sir, perhaps you we could get you a set of Recarro's and change the steering column geometry to fit you personally? And how do you find the pedals? If they are too hard for you perhaps we could replace them with something in fun fur?"

Come on, take some responsibility for your actions and choices.

Last edited by reboot04; 08-10-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Lightbulb

Personally I think the G has some of the most comfortable seats I've ever owned in a car. That being said I'm not saying that a person could not experience discomfort in them. However, anyone ever hear the saying you can't please everyone all the time???

What I REALLY don't understand is people talking about losing 5-8K returning the car back to the dealer when they love everything else aout it. I'm pretty sure one could find an aftermarket seat for WAY less than the above numbers quoted.

Last edited by jl9618; 08-10-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Originally Posted by jl9618
Personally I think the G has some of the most comfortable seats I've ever owned in a car. That being said I'm not saying that a person could not experience discomfort in them. However, anyone ever hear the saying you can't please everyone all the time???

What I REALLY don't understand is people talking about losing 5-8K returning the car back to the dealer when they love everything else aout it. I'm pretty sure one could find an aftermarket seat for WAY less than the above numbers quoted.

That's exactly what I'm saying. This guy said he took an 8k loss....he could have easily bought some sports seats, or had the seats reupholstered for a quarter of the loss he took and still have a BRAND NEW G, not his old GTI.

He says that there was some sort of airbag issue, but I know its been done. One guy had his sedan seats re-upholstered, and I've seen racing seats on the coupe before.

DJ also says he had the car for 13 days and didn't experience back pain the first week of owning the car. So after 7 days of backpain, you just gave up and got rid of the car?! I don't understand, you didn't even try to correct the problem, you said you took it all over town, but once again, where there's a will there's a way.

Believe me, I really find no happiness in your story, reading about that whole situation is terrible..and I don't think anyone is glad you had sucha bad ordeal.
But I think your way too hasty of a person, you made a hasty decision purchasing the car, and a hasty decision getting rid of it. I just feel like this was a correctible issue, you could have gotten a backpad or something until you re-upholstered or replaced the seats.

Old 08-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Next He'll be going to outback stakehouse- stabbing himself in the eye, and file a suit for blindness because there wasn't a label on the knife saying "DONT STAB IN EYES"

Some people...

Old 08-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by reboot04

I think that the biggest problem that you have besides being on a rant that would make Dennis Miller proud and not knowing when to be a grown up and let something go (you don't even have a G anymore) is that the sky in your world is definately not blue.

You bought a 50K car that you decided after the fact was uncofortable and you went back to the dealer and expected....expected what? That they would treat your personal discomfort like it was a defective Honda engine? "Sorry sir, perhaps you we could get you a set of Recarro's and change the steering column geometry to fit you personally? And how do you find the pedals? If they are too hard for you perhaps we could replace them with something in fun fur?"

Come on, take some responsibility for your actions and choices.
LOL That's exactly why I could never work in the car business.

Old 08-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm 6'5, 245 and I fit pretty well into the sedan but a coupe was never even an option. I have some minor cyatic issues and find the car to be better than my wife's Touareg for the longer hauls. I'm driving for seven hours on Friday and Monday and I'll choose my car for the comfort over a larger SUV seat in a new york second. The seat controls suck after about hour 5. I'll give you that, and the bracket TSB did nothing.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I ruptured two discs in my back, had surgery, then re-herniated them a few years later. So I think I'm qualified to say if the G35 seats are any good, since I have a very bad back.

I think they are the most comfortable seats I've ever been in, in my life. And my coworker, (who also has herniated discs), thinks my car is very comfortable too. I've taken the car on many-a-long roadtrips too. Plus I commute 80 miles a day to/from work, so I logged many hours just sitting in traffic at times too....

I'm not exactly a small guy, so it's not because I'm too "skinny" either.

Last edited by avs007; 08-11-2005 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
That's exactly what I'm saying. This guy said he took an 8k loss....he could have easily bought some sports seats, or had the seats reupholstered for a quarter of the loss he took and still have a BRAND NEW G, not his old GTI.

He says that there was some sort of airbag issue, but I know its been done. One guy had his sedan seats re-upholstered, and I've seen racing seats on the coupe before.

DJ also says he had the car for 13 days and didn't experience back pain the first week of owning the car. So after 7 days of backpain, you just gave up and got rid of the car?! I don't understand, you didn't even try to correct the problem, you said you took it all over town, but once again, where there's a will there's a way.

Believe me, I really find no happiness in your story, reading about that whole situation is terrible..and I don't think anyone is glad you had sucha bad ordeal.
But I think your way too hasty of a person, you made a hasty decision purchasing the car, and a hasty decision getting rid of it. I just feel like this was a correctible issue, you could have gotten a backpad or something until you re-upholstered or replaced the seats.
like i said, i'm done whith all the hasle of modifying...

plus i again searched on this board for alternatves and found nothing here... plus the reccaros where like 4K for the pair plus custom brackets... that was going to be 9K and i did not have the money cash anyway... my back was hurting and i could not get to work anymore.. waithing was not an option, i just dropped 4k on my down payment so....

I already whent down that custom route.. expencive and rarely right when it comes to cars unless you pend top dollar...

my options where slim but everyone here can claim they would of done it differently.... thats an easy claim, everyone sounds stupid compared to what you would do... i've found many heros on this site that would of just tooken care of this no problem then the same guys start crying about tire wear and clutch feal...

Old 08-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by avs007
Well, I ruptured two discs in my back, had surgery, then re-herniated them a few years later. So I think I'm qualified to say if the G35 seats are any good, since I have a very bad back.

I think they are the most comfortable seats I've ever been in, in my life. And my coworker, (who also has herniated discs), thinks my car is very comfortable too. I've taken the car on many-a-long roadtrips too. Plus I commute 80 miles a day to/from work, so I logged many hours just sitting in traffic at times too....

I'm not exactly a small guy, so it's not because I'm too "skinny" either.
your right, this problem is now solved,the herniated discs guys have blessed us with there opinion, there the experts so all of us with a problem need to shut the hell up...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blame G35 for causing pain?