G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Blame G35 for causing pain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ensheep and TimW- You guys are in no way associated with this other guy, at least in my mind. Some people have problems and look to find a solution while others simply want to pass the buck and maintain a victim standpoint. After corresponding with this other guy and reading his posts I think he has done more harm with this issue than help.

Hope everything works out for you guys.

Old 10-07-2005, 04:22 PM
thanks.. I'm lucky, I only felt when cornering hard left. Although I limped for a full day after, it only happed 2-3 times when I first had the car. The seats are quite comfy to me. The shooting pain just came out of the blue and instantly... but didnt go away for several mins.

For me, a combination of my seats breaking in and a change in driving position and I havent felt it in 2 years. As I've stated in previous posts and here (but will say it again as people do seem to still be discussing this thread), I found regardless of your build, if you rest your right knee on the center console, youre asking for the pinched nerve. If your leg is not parallel to the console for whatever reason, its going to be worse. So, to sum it up, it was lazy/incorrect seating position for me. Some people might have it regardless... but luckily for me, it was easily correctable.

Old 10-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
My seat has a way of making my brain fart, and I have no idea :fart: why.

What was I talking about?

Old 10-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Something that most of you aren't even addressing here is the width of the open area between bolsters. It's not about being fat, although the skinny geeks mongst us (no offense intended) can avoid the width issue.

For me, the back bolsters hit me squarely in the shoulder blades. The seat bolsters, dig into my thighs, not a ton, but enough that 45 minute drives are a biatch. The worst situation in this ergonomic nightmare is the ceiling height. It took me about 4000 miles to finally nail it on the head...

I am a little over 6'4" (let's say 6'4) and most of my altitude is in torso. I actually have a very normal inseam. Because my height is upstairs, I brush the ceiling all the time. I know that others as tall as me or taller say no prob on teh ceiling... they either A: have a better proportion of torso to leg or B: no sunroof. That having been said, I discovered that I scrunch my neck down while driving to avoid banging the roof. This is a subconcious effort and is responsible for 90% of my back aches. The rest are the bolsters.

So, I too am going to take a proverbial bath on trading my car in. Not that I'm going to cry and whine about it - after all, it's not the manufacturers or the marketplace's fault. But some time next week, I'llbe about 130 ponies higher, 140 ft lbs richer, and $20,000 poorer in the bank. Getting a CTSV. I really shopped around, and honestly if I want a sports car I can fit in, that's about it. Pretty sad.

You small guys get all the (CAR) fun

Old 10-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Same kind of people who b!tch about the tires being too loud, or the cars suspension too stiff, or the bad gas mileage. Its a ****ing sports car! Go buy a Crown Vic or Impala if you want a cushy ride. Freaking Porsche guys are the same. All this $$ to buy a "sports car" but don't want the sport that comes with it. Find other ways of getting laid than buying a hot car, disliking what makes it hot, then b!tching about it. jeez...

Old 10-08-2005, 03:02 PM
XCELR
To correct you, Porche (Carrera) has way better milage than our cars =)

oh yeah, you should stop b*tching about the people who really are addressing some issues ^_^

Old 10-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by ensheep
XCELR
To correct you, Porche (Carrera)
and to correct you... its Porsche

Old 10-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I think the original poster who is posting his little "story" on forums everywhere from the BMW M3 forums to now Acura TL forums should be shot. He has already made an absolute fool out of himself here, and on other forums. I can't stand this guy going around and telling people about his horror stories with the G35 and its seats.. passing his ridiculously rare occurance off as a common fault in our car. If you are going to rag on something like the terrible sound system, then thats acceptable. But leave your BS story out of it, and stop starting rumors, giving the G35, Infiniti, and its owners a bad name.

I have never felt so comfortable driving in anything else but the drivers seat of my coupe.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by peet
Something that most of you aren't even addressing here is the width of the open area between bolsters. It's not about being fat, although the skinny geeks mongst us (no offense intended) can avoid the width issue.

For me, the back bolsters hit me squarely in the shoulder blades. The seat bolsters, dig into my thighs, not a ton, but enough that 45 minute drives are a biatch. The worst situation in this ergonomic nightmare is the ceiling height. It took me about 4000 miles to finally nail it on the head...

I am a little over 6'4" (let's say 6'4) and most of my altitude is in torso. I actually have a very normal inseam. Because my height is upstairs, I brush the ceiling all the time. I know that others as tall as me or taller say no prob on teh ceiling... they either A: have a better proportion of torso to leg or B: no sunroof. That having been said, I discovered that I scrunch my neck down while driving to avoid banging the roof. This is a subconcious effort and is responsible for 90% of my back aches. The rest are the bolsters.

So, I too am going to take a proverbial bath on trading my car in. Not that I'm going to cry and whine about it - after all, it's not the manufacturers or the marketplace's fault. But some time next week, I'llbe about 130 ponies higher, 140 ft lbs richer, and $20,000 poorer in the bank. Getting a CTSV. I really shopped around, and honestly if I want a sports car I can fit in, that's about it. Pretty sad.

You small guys get all the (CAR) fun

I'm in the same situation... I'm 6'6" and more in the torso. I have a 38" waist and 34 inseam.

I bought the G35 FOR its headroom AND leg room. If you got the sunroof, then you are screwed. My bone stock 5AT has more headroom than any coupe w/o sunroof.

I am replacing the seat. The area between the bolsters is 11" wide at the pivot point, which just doesnt cut it. Recaro, Sparco, Corbeau all have great seats for the G for any size, even wide versions like the CR-1 from Corbeau which is what Im looking at.

The problem with the 4 door is the side pillar always impedes checking your blind spot, and usually doesn't let you hang out arm out of the window comfortably.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by mooka
I'm in the same situation... I'm 6'6" and more in the torso. I have a 38" waist and 34 inseam.

I bought the G35 FOR its headroom AND leg room. If you got the sunroof, then you are screwed. My bone stock 5AT has more headroom than any coupe w/o sunroof.

I am replacing the seat. The area between the bolsters is 11" wide at the pivot point, which just doesnt cut it. Recaro, Sparco, Corbeau all have great seats for the G for any size, even wide versions like the CR-1 from Corbeau which is what Im looking at.

The problem with the 4 door is the side pillar always impedes checking your blind spot, and usually doesn't let you hang out arm out of the window comfortably.
Have you tried this mod?

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ht=locking+nut

Old 10-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I did that, but all it bought me was about 1/2 inch down.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by XCELR8
Same kind of people who b!tch about the tires being too loud, or the cars suspension too stiff, or the bad gas mileage. Its a ****ing sports car! Go buy a Crown Vic or Impala if you want a cushy ride. Freaking Porsche guys are the same. All this $$ to buy a "sports car" but don't want the sport that comes with it. Find other ways of getting laid than buying a hot car, disliking what makes it hot, then b!tching about it. jeez...
"Same kind of people"? WTH are talking about? No wait, dont answer that, its not worth either of our time. I'm glad you got that off your chest tho

Old 10-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by TimW
"Same kind of people"? WTH are talking about? No wait, dont answer that, its not worth either of our time. I'm glad you got that off your chest tho

Old 10-10-2005, 07:53 PM
who's with the drama now?

whatever man.. its not like you even care about the issue. But as long as youre having fun.

Old 10-10-2005, 09:45 PM
has anyone weighed the stock coupe seats yet?