G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe Woes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry G35 Coupe Woes

New to the board, i'd like to start off by saying hello.

On 10/1/05 I made my first Infiniti purchase which was a 2005 G35 Coupe Ivory Pearl. Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Sirius Radio.

Brought the car home on the 1st and parked it up. I was happy!

I go back outside and try starting the car up and it wouldn't start. The engine immobilizer was the cause I assume because the security light was lit. The car went back to the dealership that very same day on a tow truck and I was given a loaner car. Great way to start the weekend.

I got the car back the following Monday and didn't get the opportunity to drive it other than the drive back home. It was left parked up in the driveway and I went to work. The following day I went out to take care of some business and while I was out, I tried starting the car again and it wouldn't start. Same problem (I do unlock the doors before starting the car)

A technician came out to meet me and plugged a computer into the car and then started it up. He drove my car back to the dealership and I followed him with the other gentleman that dropped him off. I was given a loaner car yet again.

The following day I go by the dealership to see if any progress was made on my car and was told that every hour (supposedly)someone is sent out to start the car and every time they did, the car started. The problem cannot be explained.

Today i'm still driving the loaner car and while it isn't a horrible loaner (04' G35 Sedan w/ Premium Pkg & Sport Pkg) i'd much rather be driving the car I paid for. The dealer has had the car much longer than I have. As I went by the dealership today (the phone line was down) I was told that the computer was going to be replaced and was ordered. I MAY get my car back tomorrow "but no promises".

I bought the car with 9 miles on the ODO and already have trouble.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Tell the dealer give you another car or money back.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by elau
Tell the dealer give you another car or money back.
NYS Lemon Law requires the car by repaired at least 4 times.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:21 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks a lot, but at least theyre trying to fix it and accomdate you. Better than getting shafted.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:07 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take the car back, if it happens once or twice more (depends on your state), you're eligible for a new car under the lemon law.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Give the dealer a chance since they are working with you. I've read much worse stealerships stories than yours.....

My suggestion is to take your fustration out on the loaner.....drive the crap out of that car!

Old 10-07-2005, 08:25 AM
I know it must be very frustrating to know the dealer has had the car longer than you have, but it sounds to me like the dealer is doing everything they can to correct the problem and satisfy you the customer. I would give them a chance to replace the computer and see if that fixes the problem. As the other poster stated at least they are not trying to shaft you.

Trending Topics

Old 10-07-2005, 09:12 AM
I also think you need to give them a chance -- they are doing what they can.

However, also check up on your state's lemon law. Make sure you keep records of your service visits. Be certain the that service ticket has the same description of the problem each time and note that it is recurring. Be prpeared to give the statutory notice (if required in your state) before a final repair attempt. Cover your bases in case a lemon law claim becomes necessary.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:36 AM
perhaps its a key problem. the codes aren't matching

Old 10-07-2005, 11:44 AM
I agree with what everyone says, the dealer is making an attempt to fix the car but it is frustrating to know my brand new car that I put maybe 10 miles to drive home has more problems than the 2000 BMW 3-Series with 60k miles that I came from.

Originally Posted by bikesbikes
perhaps its a key problem. the codes aren't matching
I thought it was the key too but they have all the tools and experience so i'm going along with that they say.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear you have problems with a new car so soon. All I can offer from your descriptions is to make sure you start with the clutch depressed if it is 6MT or it is in PARK if 5AT. Best of luck with getting it resolved because the G35 is a great car.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by yamashirod
Sorry to hear you have problems with a new car so soon. All I can offer from your descriptions is to make sure you start with the clutch depressed if it is 6MT or it is in PARK if 5AT. Best of luck with getting it resolved because the G35 is a great car.
From the combined hour I was able to drive it, it is indeed a great car with a heavenly sounding exhaust!

The car has an AT and I did be sure to put it in neutral and then back into park incase that was the problem but that didn't help either.

The dealer said that the computer was received and would be installed today but they need to test it to be sure that the problem is fixed. AKA- I won't get the car back today.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by rick505
From the combined hour I was able to drive it, it is indeed a great car with a heavenly sounding exhaust!

The car has an AT and I did be sure to put it in neutral and then back into park incase that was the problem but that didn't help either.

The dealer said that the computer was received and would be installed today but they need to test it to be sure that the problem is fixed. AKA- I won't get the car back today.

You should ask for free oil change for life or something for the problem it have caused...

Old 10-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by SilverII
You should ask for free oil change for life or something for the problem it have caused...

i was going to ask for a car wash but oil changes sound better

Old 10-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey, do you use a keyring? Anything else on that ring like a Mobil Speedpass? Try starting it with just the key, no ring, if that's the case.

Just a possibility. Hope you don't have a Speedpass, becuase that's a TSB that the dealer should have caught.

Curt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe Woes