G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Nismo Sway Bars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 11:55 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nismo Sway Bars?

Hey all, I just placed an order for a set of front and rear Nismo sway bars for my G coupe. I got them from Max at gruppe-s.com, and although they mostly sell Z parts, Max has assured me that the Nismo sway bar part number for the Z is the same as that of the G's, so they'll work on either or. They were $515 with free shipping, which isn't a bad price, considering I have seen the set selling for close to $600 without shipping. Installation wise, It's a pretty straight fwd bolt-on sway bar swap process, which is very easy to do. Probably looking at like an hour to two max for both front and rear. The kits said to correct and virtually eliminate over and understeer which is purposely set by the factory for safety and comfort reasons. I think they're gonna work great in conjunction with the 1.75" Sprint springs I just installed. I'll keep you all posted and up to date with pics and more info as soon as I get them.

PS: Here's some pics from my weekend getaway to Watkins Glen, NY. We drove up from Long Island with a 3 truck and trailer car pool, trailering my IP 88 M3, my friend Jordans 02 M3, my friend Phils Speed Challenge 95 M3 PTG car, and my friend Bruce's Ferarri 360,,,,

http://www.ducatiguy.com/theglen/

Old 06-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nismo Sway Bars?

when ever you get the chance to really feel em...write up a review...i'm looking into buyin them or cusco's...

Old 06-27-2003, 07:59 PM

Where exactly are the sway bars located? Does one go over the engine?

03' G35c, CB, fully loaded w/ Nismo Spoiler...

Old 06-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Excellent pics!! What type of camera?

Old 06-28-2003, 01:01 AM
Premier Dough Slapper

The front sway bar is located underneath the engine toward the front end of the car. The rear one is in the rear of the car by the diff. They run across the car from left to right and are attached at each end by links and a foot or so in from each end link, they're mounted to the chassis using urathane/rubber mounts. What you're thinking of, that piece that goes above the engine, is a strut tower brace. It connects the upper strut towers to give better body structural support for the front end and prevent premature strut tower breakage and or warpage, that often happens under hard turning conditions.

Old 06-28-2003, 01:09 AM
Premier Dough Slapper

Most of the pics on my site, ie; that of Karen, Anna, my toys, and some of friends whom I have shot myself, have been taken by one of either two camera's I own. I have a litte Canon S200 (2megapix) and a Canon G2 (4megapix). The S200 is awesome for everday use becouase its so small and easy to use, and the G2 is a great semi-pro machine that I use when I need larger than life images or when I need more than just a point and shoot camera. Take for example the image below, this was taken using the S200 and has been reduced in size approx 50%. The image is clean and perfect everytime! I had an older 2megapic Sony, buy dumped it off on eBay becouse the images just never came out like that of the Canon, not to mention it was a much slower unit with less features.

Old 06-28-2003, 01:23 AM
Premier Dough Slapper

I also just today got and installed my aluminum foot pedals and front and rear splash guards. I actually like the way it looks a lot! I purchased everything from Grubbs Infiniti. . . .

http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com/en_US/

Everything they have is priced right on the money, cheapest I have found, plus they have really great service. After ordering both the pedals and the splash guards, I had them on my doorstep 4 days later. You can't beat that!

The pedals installed in like 15min. Piece of cake! The brake and clutch simply pop off and you slide the new ones on. The gas pedal, unclip it and then it pops off and the new one simply snaps into its place and the dead foot rest, you yank it off and slap the new one on. You're DONE!

The front splash guards mount right up and you use one existing screw and one existing push in type pin to secure it in place. You then are required to drill two more holes, one on the inner fender side and one on the bottom and then attach the enclosed screws. The flat side that touches the body also has 3M tape which helps it stay snug. The rear also uses one existing screw, and you'll have to drill three new ones for each side, two on the inside wheel well and one underneath, and the flat side that touches the body also has 3M tape as well. All in all, I had the whole set on in like 30min. It's that easy! All you need is a drill with a 5 or 8mm bit, a philips screwdriver, a regular screwdriver and a 10mm socket and rachet. I will have some pics tomorrow for u all to see..

Old 06-28-2003, 10:08 AM

When you get your sways write a review! I'm thinking about getting nismo or cusco...cusco's are extremely stiff over the stock, i'm just not sure i'm gona like such stiffness...

G35 Coupe - Blk / Blk *6MT
AIM RacingDynamcs