G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crawford cast plenum vs. Motordyne spacer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bert039
Holy crap man, hey whats with the misinformation? The original poster of that pic stated that the headers on the left are Nismo headers, and he wasn't even too sure on that. Whatever they are, they are poorly done, but its not confirmed that was an actual Alphawerks header.

Here's the original post:

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...3&page=3&pp=20

It's post #57 and #60 where he talks about the headers.
Bert, This quote from post #57 threw me...
"a Few differences, DC ones are US made and internally the collector is designed different, the DC ones are cleaner internally. Alphawerks and Nexus are manufactured in China same as Top Speed.
here are some pics of the DC one on the right. "
Also the thread title (linked above) is "Alphawerks vs. DC Sports". Refer back to the thread if you must. Sorry for the mistake.

Dentaltool, I'll show you proof (dynos) as soon as I get some. Until then... welcome to my ignore list.

Everyone else can choose to believe whatever they like. At one time there were several pre/post Crawford Header dynos floating around on my350z.com. For whatever reason they are gone now. They did show the 20rwhp peak gain at around 3500/4000 rpms and they did show the 40rwhp claim at redline (for a 2003 model 350z). In order for the G to get equivalent gains you'd obviously need to add the z-tube.

Last edited by neffster; 08-17-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey, I told you I wasn't attacking you. You've got Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato as your avatar, for crying out Pete's sake. Good luck with the S/C. Oh, and you told me before that you'd ignore me...but you can't stop me...you can only hope to contain me!

Old 08-17-2005, 08:04 PM
This message is hidden because dentalstud is on your ignore list.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I and everyone else here believes you that you didn't read what I wrote...

Or should I be happy that I can respond to your inaccuracies with freedom now?

Old 08-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Still looking for that data (it's tough for me to give up when I KNOW I'm right). I've got an e-mail into BJ at 350evo and while perusing my350z.com I came across this post made on 8-12-2005 (see post #20)

Originally Posted by dwnshift
From everthing we have seen...the Crawford's are the best currently on the market.

BJ@350EVO.com

Old 08-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by neffster
Still looking for that data (it's tough for me to give up when I KNOW I'm right). I've got an e-mail into BJ at 350evo and while perusing my350z.com I came across this post made on 8-12-2005 (see post #20)
Ok, but until then...here's the thread where you're looking!

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...t=invidia+g200

Is there a reason you aren't posting a link? Maybe because EVERYTHING that has been posted (from "buy Alphawerks" to "lowrider's gains seem low") is exactly what I have been telling you? Oh wait, you're ignoring me. Guess everyone else can make up their mind.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Alright.... I'm really confused now... What's the best setup? is there something we all agree too or is it going to be another 5 pages? LOL

BADG35

Old 08-22-2005, 11:12 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Originally Posted by BADG35
Alright.... I'm really confused now... What's the best setup? is there something we all agree too or is it going to be another 5 pages? LOL

BADG35
+1.........and can you get the plenum and the smallest spacer???

Old 08-23-2005, 12:22 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
You won't get an answer to the best setup. Because it depends on your car. I really believe that whatever given mod you add to your car is going to depend on the configuration that it's in.

For example, I added a Y-pipe and Japtrix B-pipe to my car. The result? Minus 4 HP from last time. Doesn't that mean they don't work? Maybe, but it could also be that my car is too lean now, and I can't make anymore power until I increase fuel.

If you added those mods to a stock car, you'll probably get the usual 5-7 HP.

So the best setup depends on what you have on your car. Your mods have to work together.

Added to that, I've honestly never seen a publicly posted before/after dyno of Crawford headers by themselves on a stock car. Now you can see why this post will take awhile to get anywhere.

Old 08-23-2005, 05:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, i spent a good hour reading back and forth, forum to forum, the disputing talk about these different headers. Now im having mixed views on the crawford package. I originally had a mind set that crawford was the "best products for our car" but know i think otherwise .. Looking at the dyno results with just the ALPHAWORK headers alone show very high gains. Still, so many different posts be differnt people claim that there headers prove significant gains, but no one with dynos. DIfferent things account for the different dynos so you cant really claim anything, tuning your car so it doesn't run too lean is also imporant

guess we have to pick ourselves to see which is better

Old 08-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by mrjonang
Wow, i spent a good hour reading back and forth, forum to forum, the disputing talk about these different headers. Now im having mixed views on the crawford package. I originally had a mind set that crawford was the "best products for our car" but know i think otherwise .. Looking at the dyno results with just the ALPHAWORK headers alone show very high gains. Still, so many different posts be differnt people claim that there headers prove significant gains, but no one with dynos. DIfferent things account for the different dynos so you cant really claim anything, tuning your car so it doesn't run too lean is also imporant

guess we have to pick ourselves to see which is better

You guys are seeing the light, and my job here is done....

Old 08-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Latest e-mail from BJ dating 8-21-2005...
Todd,

We cannot release dyno numbers as they are done by our engine builder and they will not release them. I can tell you that from the ones we tested.. Nismo, Xerd, our first prototype set..... Crawford made better torque. We are currently developing headers that we think will be a better race design... but as of right now ..Crawfords are the best of the shelf headers available for the 350Z and G35.

Cheers
BJ
Race team track tested, engine builder dyno tested, independently dyno tested, manufacturer dyno tested... "Crawfords are the best of the shelf headers available for the 350Z and G35". Nuff said!

More dyno results on the 2005 350z to come.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by neffster
Latest e-mail from BJ dating 8-21-2005...
Todd,

We cannot release dyno numbers as they are done by our engine builder and they will not release them. I can tell you that from the ones we tested.. Nismo, Xerd, our first prototype set..... Crawford made better torque. We are currently developing headers that we think will be a better race design... but as of right now ..Crawfords are the best of the shelf headers available for the 350Z and G35.

Cheers
BJ
Race team track tested, engine builder dyno tested, independently dyno tested, manufacturer dyno tested... "Crawfords are the best of the shelf headers available for the 350Z and G35". Nuff said!

More dyno results on the 2005 350z to come.

That's a little "too little, too late". All it really tells us is that they made more torque than the Nismos and Xerds. What about Alphas? The Crawfords clearly DID NOT make more hp, or they would have stated that. I hope your couple of ft-lbs. was worth the extra thousand dollars they cost you. And soon enough, even they will be obsolete, according to your quote. What oh what shall you do then?

Last edited by dentalstud; 08-23-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
Where in all of this does the Stillen SS headers fall? Good, crap? (Sorry for the left turn, as I realize the original thread was about plenums and spacers).

Last edited by jnkirk1974; 08-23-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
Where in all of this does the Stillen SS headers fall? Good, crap? (Sorry for the left turn, as I realize the original thread was about plenums and spacers).
Not bad, I think they claim 11 hp and 18 tq. You will see gains but possibly not as much as Alphawerks and (dare I say it) Crawford.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crawford cast plenum vs. Motordyne spacer