G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Most amazing thing i have ever seen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 04:02 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I've seen the aftermath of these kinds of incidents time and time again in my previous job...and sometimes it's not very pretty.

Your story certainly seemed real to me, and is worth considering in any case.
These kinds of accidents can be very deadly.

Thanks for bringing this to light.
C.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
You know, just because you lose a loved one doesn't mean that you can't recognize when their death was due to their own dumb actions. The fella that died from a perforated colon while taking it up the *** from a horse... ...his family seemed to be able to take it for what it was.

EWW WTF

Old 08-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
try driving in FL, you see accidents all the time. i cant begin to count the number of cars ive seen spin out, crash, go over medians, lose control and hit the highway dividers, etc, and many of them due to rain. i can also say that the area he is talking about (US19 from clearwater north) is one of the most well known strips for drag and street racing.

good on you for not taking the bait, and for stopping to help out. hopefully the site wasnt too bad, ive seen several in person (stopped to help) i will never forget.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I have seen a lot of near misses. I think we all have. Nothing like someone hard on the brakes on a 2 lane highway because they want to see a whale.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:07 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gman2004
Well I don't mean to call out the original post, but you understand what I mean. You see a thread like this once or twice a day.
i've seen a crash happened 3 cars infront of me on the 10 W in LA. Some guy tried to cut 3 lanes at once, was going practically perpendicular to the highway and nailed a car in the third lane.

If i left from where i was going a few minutes ealier, that may have been me.

But you did the right thing crazy. I hope the kid is not hurt, but i certainly hope he learned a valuable lesson.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by UFGatorG35
try driving in FL, you see accidents all the time. i cant begin to count the number of cars ive seen spin out, crash, go over medians, lose control and hit the highway dividers, etc, and many of them due to rain. i can also say that the area he is talking about (US19 from clearwater north) is one of the most well known strips for drag and street racing.

I live in Miami so I am well aware of FL drivers.

I dunno maybe it is just me, but these types of threads pop up way to often.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I havent witnessed any accidents and hope not to either, but somehow, I think if it was me driving the G and an A-hole with his farting rice rocket came strolling by me thinking he is better than me... then crashed the way you say he did, I would certainly not help his idiot as$.

Good thing not everyone thinks like I do, and good to hear that you wont be one of those too.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Rollin On Dubz
I don't think it's fair to see these posts are BS. Do you know how many traffic fatalities there a year in the US Alone??? They instituted a new law in Cali last year imposing harsh penalties for street racing. My friend had to spend a night in jail and got his car impounded.

Street racing, and people just driving like idiots is a reality, and a painful one. When you've got kids running around in extremely fast cars that's what happens, they crash 'em. I remember seeing an expose on 20/20 about street racers in Florida. These guys were out of their MINDS, zipping in and out of traffic in RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC.

I don't think a little exhibition of speed is bad at all. But there's a time and place for everything. And when you get on that throttle you must consider all the risks...doing 70 on a curve is wreckless no matter what kind of car your driving. Now that kid knows better, and I hope he's ok.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:26 PM
By just looking at him, was he concious? Or was he torn up? That sucks man...and for an 18 year old, I give YOU props for how you conducted yourself, and even pulling over to assist. Thats mighty big of you fellar

Old 08-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
You've just witnessed Darwinism in action.

Maybe that was harsh of him to say... ...but it's not far from the truth. The guy was all over the *** of someone who clearly wasn't looking to race and when the car tried to increase the space between the two (pretty natural response), the guy takes it as a cue to swing around him in a turn, without regard to traffic or anything other than his own ego. He could of taken out CrazyG as well. And the comment wasn't made to the guy's mom.

You know, just because you lose a loved one doesn't mean that you can't recognize when their death was due to their own dumb actions. The fella that died from a perforated colon while taking it up the *** from a horse... ...his family seemed to be able to take it for what it was.
Thank you. It looks like you and I have been driving long enough to be somewhat tired of these Darwinistic anomolies. People are accountable for their actions. Most don't seem to realize and love to find reasons. To be honest, it was great of the original poster to stop and help. I would as well but I would also be explaining to the guy what a schlepp he was while pulling him out of his car.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by whyjay91
Thank you. It looks like you and I have been driving long enough to be somewhat tired of these Darwinistic anomolies. People are accountable for their actions. Most don't seem to realize and love to find reasons. To be honest, it was great of the original poster to stop and help. I would as well but I would also be explaining to the guy what a schlepp he was while pulling him out of his car.
dont want to sound like a mean harda**, but i couldnt agree more. people stupid enough to hurt themslves and everyone else around them shouldnt be allowed to procreate. you - out of the gene pool!

Old 08-17-2005, 05:00 PM
I kinda agree w/ Gman on this being a BS story...sorry but for all i know its prob. Jtrain w/ another user name bored making up BS!! If it happend, it sux for the driver but this is like one of those young hard a$$ wanna be kids who gets beat up and realizes he aint 'hard'. But something about an AWD car spinning out stood out to me....I dunno...

not to mention the stories end...you just dipped once the cops got there?? And depending on someone's injuries your sometimes advised not to move someone as you could worsen their situation in case they have a bone fracture or bone, they are suppoz to remain stationary unless the threat of fire/explosion is present....

Old 08-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Ummm...STI can be turned down to a more rearward balance of power as opposed to 50/50.

Either way don't be a jackazz. Do you care that much?

Old 08-17-2005, 05:31 PM
I dunno about the story, but since I've gotten the G, I have seen people do some STUPID stuff to try to get my attention... presumably to race their civic and whatnot. I never take the bait and they usually tear off like idiots.

About a month ago I was going up a HUGE hill, 4 lane but still somewhat residential. The G is a torque monster so I had no problems gaining speed from the stoplight at the bottom. This somehow challenged a Cavalier or Sunfire or some such POS behind us. When we crested the hill, he finally built up some speed. While I leveled off at the speed limit, he quickly almost doubled it.

My wife and I were still commenting about what an idiot he was when he got to a group of cars ahead of us. He totally misjudged his speed and tried to weave in and out of the slower cars. He over corrected on the first swerve and flung himself over median, blowing at least 2 tires and heading into oncoming 30-40mph traffic.

He didnt hit any cars thankfully, we gasped.. it was *close* they had better control than he did. But he smacked a railing pretty hard. I was really only concerned for his girlfriend. :/ She got out as we passed.. She was walking. Didnt see him. We kept going.

Been a bizarre week. I saw a Tahoe shread a tire and swerve off the road about 5 car lengths ahead. I was wondering where the black particles were coming from (falling in front of me).. then I heard the muted *thud* and tread go everywhere. I had no problem getting around all of it.

Then I had a minivan riding my bumper into a 20 mph off ramp. I didnt hit my brakes and rode thru it at 40.. he was pissing me off. I looked up and he was fighting to keep it in the turn. Roaring tires... he was all over the place in the minivan. That part was funny. Unsure what he did, but he came to a complete stop on the shoulder - I think he may have tagged a reflector or two. No way I was stopping.

Usually I dont get that much excitement in one week. :/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Most amazing thing i have ever seen