G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I'm the victim of Consumer Fraud (Yo Yo sale)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help, I need some aspirin.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow never had a problem with my seats. anyway i dont think dealer has anything to do with it.
you sign the paper of rate 5.9% and agree with whatever price for the G35, so if they can get you at that rate with the price you both agree why should dealer give your GTI back ? they will give it back only if they cant do what's on the paper and cancel the contract. doesnt matter how many times you ask for your old car back they did work out on what's on the paper.
The hit you took after returning the 13days old car, it's reasonable too, after you own the car it's consider a used car, dealer cant sell the car as brand new obivously it's gonna hurt plus they will need to make money too.

why didnt you try to have someone else take over your G35? i think you might lose less this way.

and think 9 out of 10 sales will push you to buy a car, you should know better and learn to say no, dont let people push you.

btw dont you normally keeps your old car till the day your new ride arrive and

you give them your old car the same day you pick up new one ? why did you give it so early ? if you didnt you would only end up with lossing a deposite maybe 500$

Old 08-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by gettaluvr
wow never had a problem with my seats. anyway i dont think dealer has anything to do with it.
you sign the paper of rate 5.9% and agree with whatever price for the G35, so if they can get you at that rate with the price you both agree why should dealer give your GTI back ? they will give it back only if they cant do what's on the paper and cancel the contract. doesnt matter how many times you ask for your old car back they did work out on what's on the paper.
The hit you took after returning the 13days old car, it's reasonable too, after you own the car it's consider a used car, dealer cant sell the car as brand new obivously it's gonna hurt plus they will need to make money too.

why didnt you try to have someone else take over your G35? i think you might lose less this way.

and think 9 out of 10 sales will push you to buy a car, you should know better and learn to say no, dont let people push you.

btw dont you normally keeps your old car till the day your new ride arrive and

you give them your old car the same day you pick up new one ? why did you give it so early ? if you didnt you would only end up with lossing a deposite maybe 500$
I gave the GTI so early because they lied to me and told me that the 5.9 interest rate was a weekend specal and to have it, I had to finish the deal... Sign over my car even if I did not take delivery on that day...

Now I know why they did it..., to get me wrapped up

Old 08-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Now I feel for DJ in one regard, I have a wide bone structure...I'm a little pudgy but no way considered fat. Anyway, on my 15 test drive the seats were great. But on longer drives it makes my right leg go numb sometimes....BUT I love the car and I found a custom shop that will rip that carp out, rebuild a bolster and stitch in some new leather, sorry bro but that is what you should've done in the first place.

YES the seat adjustments have no business being there, but they are and thats that. So I'm dealing with it myself. It sucks but life isn't always fair.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:04 AM
CANADA has such nice people. The culture is different. I can see how they could be swindled and hoodwinked here. Of course, I used to sell cars also.

Old 08-26-2005, 05:47 AM
So I like how I read your story, felt bad for you, but then got annoyed at how on the BMW forum its all about "thats what you get when you don't buy a beemer" My friend just bought a Z4, he loved it, then he drove it for an hour to the beach and started complaining about the seats and he's 5'10" 180 Pounds. Whereas I did'nt even have this problem at all, they felt great. To be honest with you, my g35's seats are fine, the only thing I can complain about is the plastic in the car and the stiffness at times.

EDIT
I forgot to mention, i'm not blaming you because that sucks for anyone, but do you really want to blame Infiniti for it? You really think BMW, Mercedes, VW, Lexus or any other dealer would have given you your money back because you have back pain? Its strictly business, they are like animals.

Last edited by jokerzcard6; 08-26-2005 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 AM
I don't know dudes.. some of you are harsh... I love my G.. but I think the way that the seat is designed is not perfect for some people at all.

Some of you feel that the seats are fine. That does not mean there is no problem with the seats.

I never have had back pain but I do have numb right leg with my G(the one that controls gas pedal and brake.. ), especialy when I take a road trip w/ it. Even my gf at the passenger side got numb legs too. What do you say about that? I experienced less numb/sore legs when I adjusted the way I sit though. I have driven taurus, accord, civic, camry, C280, Bimmer 328 and Mazda 3 before and none of them made me feel this way. My comparison may be biased because all the cars above are not SPORTY and maybe EXPENSIVE enough like the G. It just feels weird that I can only sit in certain position to get comfy. I thought the seat is designed to make the driver comfortable in a more natural way, not with certain sitting position restriction.

Maybe that is what racing car style seats feel like for me; maybe I would feel the same kind of pain in bimmer m3 or c55 AMG seats.. I never seated in those cars yet but who knows.

However, there is no denying a number of people ARE experiencing back/leg pain after they own the G. After I switched back to my old accord for a week, my right leg feels much better... and it got worse when I go back to G.

I would hope that there is a class A lawsuit.. I will definitely participate. I am pretty sure that infiniti is aware of such complaints, even though it is not from majority owners. A good way for infiniti is to figure out what's wrong with the design (if any) and make another seat available for people like us. I wouldn't mind if I pay a portion of money to exchange the seats (at least for driver side). But so far infiniti isn't doing anything, and they probably won't.

On the other hand, you may want to take this lesson as a good lesson... dont trust no one, especially the Sales people at dealorship... they are licensed to rip you off in a way. Some of you feel callous about this dude here, maybe you favor the Darwinism of "the fittest survive, the naive and dummy are the food of the tricky ones". But I believe in a liberal democracy, this shouldn't be the way.

just my 2 cents

Old 08-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by kailep
You can't even afford to payoff your VW which still owe $15K and you are thinking of buying a $35 to 40k cars.
Not only that it seems this guy has his priorities WAY messed up. This is a comment he made after the seat "broke his back":

Originally Posted by djinferno
people at work where telling me to go to a doctor but I did not have the money to get this checked, not now anyway
So let me see. You still owe money on your current car, you do not have any form of health insurance. So you go out and buy a near 40k car. Real smart. Like I said before you need to learn more about managing your finances. Geez.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
No only my sitting position as result of not being able to sit properly because of the switches in the bolster...

I guess you also cant read...
No dude - the seat didn't break your back. You already had a mis-alignment (subluxation) before you even had the car. Who knows what it was from - the doctor pulling too hard when you came out of your mom, sports injury, lifting injury, previous car accident, whatever... the point is, nearly EVERYONE on the planet has some degree of spine mis-alignment, it just takes a catalyst for it to produce severe pain. Its entirely possible that a combination of playing hockey and the new driving position was the catalyst. BUT - had you gone to the chiropractor immediately you would have gotten adjusted, the swelling would have gone down, and MAYBE, you would have gotten used to the car.

I have a mis-alignment from a work injury 12 years ago - every once in a while (once or twice a year, if that) I do something that aggravates it. And basically - I can barely walk until I get adjusted. The last 3 times I've gotten a new car the problem got aggravated. I get adjusted, find the best seat position through trial and error and I get used to it. I never considered suing the car maker. I don't care what anybody tells you - you had the back problem BEFORE you ever sat in the car. Please don't join the American culture of suing innocent people for your problems/mistakes.

I just recently sat in a co-workers new G and as I was checking out the seat switches I thought of you. I'm 155, my co-worker is about 180 but the same height as me. Neither of us feel the switch area placing any pressure on our asses or legs. So again - how big are you ?

Old 08-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Not only that it seems this guy has his priorities WAY messed up. This is a comment he made after the seat "broke his back":
First off, Yes I do have money to pay for the payments, and the only reason I'm paying it this way instead of paying everything cash is because I'm trying to build credit, if I pay everything cash, when It will be time for me to buy/finance a house, I won't be able to because I will have no credit, so I have to even pay dumb stuff like Gas and groceries just to build credit.... the credit system was created to make bussinesses make money bro, they take no chances, you do, they don't have to trust your judgement but you have to trust the quality of there product...

If credit worked on your level of education, the guy that gets a PHD is more educated to handle bigger credit then the ghetto fabolous guys that just buys everything on a dam credit card, the world would be a better place because people would understand that to get the better things in life, you need to be educated, right now people cross the borders illegaly because in US all you need is a dream and a little knowlege of the crooked ways of the system to get over... Land of the free

Old 08-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
So let me see. You still owe money on your current car, you do not have any form of health insurance. So you go out and buy a near 40k car. Real smart. Like I said before you need to learn more about managing your finances. Geez.
And yes I have health Ansurance idiot, if you where so interested in my personal life, you would have caught like all the other idiots like you that I had to answer that I have some but the way it works in the US is that you can only get checked at certain places and the places are so overbooked that you have to whait for at least a week... In Canada, you can go where ever you are, you can be at the other end of your state and walk in to any hospital and they take care of you, they don't ask you for money, don't ask you for your scocial security and if your dying, they don't check if your covered before starting to save you...

If you want to get treated imediately in the US, you got to pay out of pocket, and sorry but after getting into such an important purchase, I did not think it would be smart for me to spend the rest of my savings on something that I'm suposevly covered for... I've lived in Canada for my hole life and been to the US for 10 months so that I my way of seing it, period...

And even if it's none of your business, If it can shut you and all the rest of the guys that are missing the hole point of my post (Sharing the knowledge and giving everyone important information on the scams out there) to help raise the awareness of the people in your comunity then fine...

This is a forum budy, It's a tool to share information and informing people on important information so they don't get ****ed so get the point and stop trying to rip my post appart with what you think is the right way to live, we are all grown and can make those decisions for are selves budy...

Old 08-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Your right, lying to the consumer is not legal... If you lie to the consumer it's called fraud...
Some would call it 'salesmanship.'

In the end, you signed the papers. If you really had a problem, called BS and went and got a lawyer before you took delivery I'd say you did the right thing.

If you're a 'victim' of anything, it's your own bad decision making. Trying to make a mountain out of this molehill is a perfect example of the 'victim' mentality overtaking America. Nobody is accountable for their own actions (or mis-actions). Everything is somebody else's fault.

If you had followed your initial instincts (gaoing all the way back to the original drama thread) you wouldn't have had a problem. You should've, you didn't, you paid for it.

The common denominator is you. No one else. You screwed the pooch. Get over it.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 08-26-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
As far as scams go, I don't believe anyone about anything anymore. If I don't have a lifelong relationship with you I don't trust you. Even then, I believe in the mantra 'trust but verify...'

I see the crap on the news about scams and have to fight to keep from laughing. Criminals, corporate or otherwise, are so creative and the average citizen is dumber than a bag of hammers.

Hey, somebody's watching Jerry Springer, or it wouldn't still be on the air.

I'm so cynical it's sometimes depressing.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:39 AM
And yes I have health Ansurance idiot, if you where so interested in my personal life, you would have caught like all the other idiots like you that I had to answer that I have some but the way it works in the US is that you can only get checked at certain places and the places are so overbooked that you have to whait for at least a week... In Canada, you can go where ever you are, you can be at the other end of your state and walk in to any hospital and they take care of you, they don't ask you for money, don't ask you for your scocial security and if your dying, they don't check if your covered before starting to save you...

So you have health insurance but you can't even afford the deductible?! You said you could not afford a visit to the doctor after the seat broke your back?

I am not interested in your personal life it is something you mentioned in your initial post. It is just evidence that you do not know how to manage you money properly. Therefore reiterating the fact that this whole situation IS YOUR FAULT.

PS: Is English your second language? Just curious.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
sry to hear your story, thats preatty heay stuff the dealership pulled on you. However you said it yourself , you did make some crucial mistakes, honestly there were moments in you story especially before you signed and they were waisting 6 hours of your life pushing you to sign, where I would have just wipped out my cell phone and called the cops without a doubt in my mind.
Anyways at least they talked to you friendly and crap, i heard stories of salespeople who would ask for the keys of incoming customers supposedly to take a look at the trade-in and then procede to throw those keys at the roof of the dealership....that worked most of the time on the avarage joe ,but nowdays ppl just wip out the cellphone and call the cops like i mentioned before.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm the victim of Consumer Fraud (Yo Yo sale)