G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I'm the victim of Consumer Fraud (Yo Yo sale)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 92gli
Please don't join the American culture of suing innocent people for your problems/mistakes.
Again I have to clear my point, the fact that my back is hurt is irrelevant in this post, people that have had problems with g35 seats are already well documented the problem, you can find over 200 pages of posts on this web site alone so...

Also your right I'm not American so I don't beleive in the American culture of suing, what I do beleive in is "ethics" and "the customer is always right" If i have a product I want to sell and people want to buy, as a business I have to make sure that problems are adressed, now if a customer is unhappy, I don't need his money, if you have a good business and that your product is right, these cases will be such a low percentage that you can afford to say "If your not happy, fine, heres what we can do for you and move on (buy back, recalls etc..)" because at the end of the day your product is great and you stand behind it... bottom line.... A place like CARMAX does this, they tell you when you buy the car that if you are not happy with a car New Or Used (Yes they sell new cars) within 5 days, bring it back for a full refund no questions asked, between the 5th and the 30th day, they say they will fix anything and I mean anything to your satisfaction... No dancing with ni\umbers, no presure etc...

The reason I posted this is that I was told by a lawyer that I had the right to demand my car back even if they had paid off my trade-in, no matter what cost that was to them, thats the law, so they lied to me and caved in to my original deal because that was the less expensive thing to do for them... The reason I brought the car back is not the point...

Old 08-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Row2k
sry to hear your story, thats preatty heay stuff the dealership pulled on you. However you said it yourself , you did make some crucial mistakes, honestly there were moments in you story especially before you signed and they were waisting 6 hours of your life pushing you to sign, where I would have just wipped out my cell phone and called the cops without a doubt in my mind.
Anyways at least they talked to you friendly and crap, i heard stories of salespeople who would ask for the keys of incoming customers supposedly to take a look at the trade-in and then procede to throw those keys at the roof of the dealership....that worked most of the time on the avarage joe ,but nowdays ppl just wip out the cellphone and call the cops like i mentioned before.
well is thats what happens in America, I can't wait for my lease to be up to go back to Canada

Old 08-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
So you have health insurance but you can't even afford the deductible?! You said you could not afford a visit to the doctor after the seat broke your back?

I am not interested in your personal life it is something you mentioned in your initial post. It is just evidence that you do not know how to manage you money properly. Therefore reiterating the fact that this whole situation IS YOUR FAULT.

PS: Is English your second language? Just curious.
Dam Is English your second language? who the hell said anything about a deductible, i said if you don't want to wait on the places that ar in your coverage, you have to pay out of pocket...

Old 08-26-2005, 11:11 AM
You say you don't believe in the American culture of suing, but you previously said you went to a lawyer. It sounded like the only reason you didn't sue was that the lawyer would cost too much, not because of your beliefs against lawsuits.

You also say that the point of this post is to just let people know about the yo-yo sale and to ensure it doesn't happen to them. If that was the case you would have never needed to bring up the problems with your back. You could have just detailed how they gave you documents which didn't match what you had agreed to verbally and tried to change the terms after your credit wasn't approved. You could have left your medical issues out of it and still would have been able to get across the point that you claim you're trying to make.

I was wondering about English being your second language also. Your spelling hasn't exactly been impressive.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Angry Just stupid...

I believe you are just stupid in the first place to sign a contract which you were not sure about. It was your fault that you did not take enough time to read the contract before signing.
It is always the job of the salesman to sell his product and you fell for it.

Good luck

Old 08-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is not fraud.
you bought the wrong car without doing ample research and test driving.
you also did willingly made a decision that you happen to regret later.

sorry, but i suggest you take the loss and move on.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by tekknikal
this is not fraud.
you bought the wrong car without doing ample research and test driving.
you also did willingly made a decision that you happen to regret later.

sorry, but i suggest you take the loss and move on.
I will if my lawyer tells me to, Like I said before, I had not taken delivery of the car but I signed the papers, I was told that by signing the papers, It was not a done deal because it was subject to financing, I asked for my car back because I realized that they had tampered with the numbers without me noticing so when the first financing did not go thru, they told me that the contract made me have to take the new car and my only option was to sign...

I took there word for it but it was a lie and I have a witness to back it up...

Thats the only reason they caved in, to sweep there mistake under the rug...

Old 08-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well if they cant do the rate on the contract and the contract says that it is contingent on the dealers ability to hit that rate, then you dont pay anything. go home w/ your other car

Old 08-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I can understand why you're not getting any sympathy here. Just another case of trying to pass the buck of personal responsibility with lawsuits. Hopefully you'll learn from your many, many mistakes. I can only hope your frivolous lawsuit doesn't get anywhere.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:47 PM
"The reason I posted this is that I was told by a lawyer that I had the right to demand my car back ..."

Looks like you're about to screw the pooch yet again (take this as the opinion as a second lawyer who has and wants no interest in your case).

"well is thats what happens in America, I can't wait for my lease to be up to go back to Canada"

Let's hope it's soon and to a place where you don't access to a computer.

Old 08-26-2005, 01:18 PM
I think that the only thing that anyone can take from this thread is...

This clown represents the unfortunate portion of the population that will ultimately result in the downfall of our society...those that can not think or act or take responsibility for their own actions.

Because of this schlub and others like him (ensheep for example, looking for a class action suit based on seat comfort) we can look forward to warning signs on dealership doors saying that you have to have an IQ over 50 before speaking to a salesman, there will he bright red "Help! I'm over my head" buttons located throughout the dealership, and we will have huge lables in our lether seats saying "Caution, seats are adjustable and may need to be moved for your comfort and safety". That or we'll be back to bench seats because the 0.01% of "people" who buy sport coupes have a problem sitting in sport seats (and should not have bought a sport coupe to begin with)...

Grow up

Last edited by reboot04; 08-26-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by reboot04
I think that the only thing that anyone can take from this thread is...

This clown represents the unfortunate portion of the population that will ultimately result in the downfall of our society...those that can not think or act or take responsibility for their own actions.

Because of this schlub and others like him (ensheep for example, looking for a class action suit based on seat comfort) we can look forward to warning signs on dealership doors saying that you have to have an IQ over 50 before speaking to a salesman, there will he bright red "Help! I'm over my head" buttons located throughout the dealership, and we will have huge lables in our lether seats saying "Caution, seats are adjustable and may need to be moved for your comfort and safety". That or we'll be back to bench seats because the 0.01% of "people" who buy sport coupes have a problem sitting in sport seats (and should not have bought a sport coupe to begin with)...

Grow up
What kills me is that most of the comments I'm getting are to the effect that I was dumb, that thas all my fault and it's my responsability blah blah blah!

The fact is I was just trying to expose a behaviour (Normal for sales or not) that I believe that does not reflect how nobody should be treated, using so called sales tactics are only accepted and tolorated because people want it that way, if punching someone out every time someone pissed you off would go unpunished, everyone would be doing it....

I never said I wanted to sue nobody, this is yet again interpretation and fabrications that you assume is the route I want tou take... let it be known, suing is an american term... where I'm from, suing does not exist... if someone commits a crime by breaking the law, they get fined, go to jail and pay damages...

Throw rocks at me all you want, but let it be clear, it's only your persception of what you think I want out of this that makes you see me this way.... The fact is, a lawyer has pointed out that theres a law against the way my deal whent down, this dealership manipulated me because they smelled that i did not know my rights, and yes I was ignorant, not dumb but ignorant enought to go along with it because I trust that the law will be followed...

At the end of the day, I want the dealership to pay only and I say only if they broke the law, I already lost what I had to lose and don't expect to get it back, but I believe in right and wrong, because if I let someone do it to me, they will do it to others till someone speaks out....

Old 08-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by jgainnm
"The reason I posted this is that I was told by a lawyer that I had the right to demand my car back ..."

Looks like you're about to screw the pooch yet again (take this as the opinion as a second lawyer who has and wants no interest in your case).

"well is thats what happens in America, I can't wait for my lease to be up to go back to Canada"

Let's hope it's soon and to a place where you don't access to a computer.
You my friend and your below average coment (And the fact that your an educated person) makes me sure of my decision to not want to stay in a contry where people let other people get taken advantage of...

And as a lawyer, I would not expect you to represent me, but I would expect you to represent the Law and make the US a better place by standing up for whats right instead of whats profitable... You have a law degree, not a scam the world degree... And thats why as I was growing up, I lost respect for lawyers because of what they stand for, Money and how to work around the so called Law...

If I wanted to sue anyone, I would not put the facts out there because I know it would come back to aunt me...

Last edited by djinferno; 08-26-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:23 PM
djinferno - you seem to be replying to a lot of the posts here, but you skipped mine. Perhaps because you didn't have an answer as to why you had to bring your medical issues up if you're just trying to educate people about the bad business practices. You also claim you don't believe in suing, but you went to a lawyer and were scared off by the cost. Any explanation for that?

Also, learn the difference between your and you're.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:37 PM
"If I wanted to sue anyone, I would not put the facts out there because I know it would come back to aunt me..."

- Actually, they'd uncle you, but that's another story.

If you seriously think the law was broken, then take your facts to the local district attorney and have him/her press criminal charges against the dealer. But what it sounds like to me, as I've posted on one of your other numerous threads, is that you simply made stupid decisions and now want someone other than you to pay for those decisions. There are plenty of lawyers around who take that sort of case, especially of you're willing and able to pay. That's what many of these comments are directed at and why, as a former corporate defense attorney, I find your position ludicrous.

If you'd have put as much effort and time into your car buying decision as you have into your continual posting on this and other web sites, then you wouldn't have had the problem in the first place.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm the victim of Consumer Fraud (Yo Yo sale)