G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Looking for a deal in the DC metro area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a deal in the DC metro area

hi everyone,
I have been doing a lot of reading and drooling here and now it's time for me to bring one home so I wanted to know what kind of deal people were getting in the DC METRO AREA. I'm pretty sure it'll be nearly impossible to get one at invoice but nevertheless it'll be good to know how much over invoice people paid in my area paid for their 6mt coupes.

Thanks all.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:59 PM
I think the National G Club has some contacts at Rosenthal and Chantilly that you may be interested in. Devon also says he can get 05's at Invoice + $500 at Passport? you'd have to ask him that though but I think that was the deal. I'd post over at the National G Club forum on this site as you'll get more local views.

Good luck!!

Old 09-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Only bit of advice I can give you is to not waste your time in the Fairfax area. Dealers are not motivated to budge on their prices much if at all. They move a lot of inventory there with the sheer number of affluent communities.

Passport is where I purchased mine in Alexandria, VA although I had some bad experiences there and could not in good conscience recommend their salespeople. I will say their service staff is quite good though.

If you are up for shipping a vehicle, Grubbs has phenomenal deals. I would email them for a quote including shipping. You might be surprised at what you can get from them.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Pratik97 - Thanks i register to the club and posted in that section hope that Devon chims in and let me know 'cause that the DEAL i'm looking for.

spendgy - I did a search and found a Grubbs infiniti dealer in Dallas TX not sure if that's the one u were refering to but i emailed them about a quote, i'll see what price they give me...Thanks man

PS: Pasport was the next dealer on my list to call...care to share your experience in details?

Old 09-01-2005, 08:09 PM
come up to jersey. there r alot of dealers willing to sell 6MT coupes for invoice. i got mine today for 35,600 (6MT, navi, prem, aero package, front lip, trunk mat, splash guards)!

Old 09-01-2005, 08:20 PM
MISTIKMACK - What's the name of your dealer, when did u get it and was it an 05?

Thanks

Last edited by Beta99; 09-01-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Beta99
MISTIKMACK - What's the name of your dealer, when did u get it and was it an 05?

Thanks
the dealer is ramsey infiniti. yup, an '05 w/ 0miles!

Old 09-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks MISTIKMACK, i sent them a quote request.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey, I just bought mine two months ago from Passport Infiniti, in Alexandria, VA. Very good selection when I bought mine, and had a nice search tool on their website to search vehicle inventory. The phone number is (703) 461-1500. Good Luck!

Old 09-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Pratik97 - Thanks i register to the club and posted in that section hope that Devon chims in and let me know 'cause that the DEAL i'm looking for.

spendgy - I did a search and found a Grubbs infiniti dealer in Dallas TX not sure if that's the one u were refering to but i emailed them about a quote, i'll see what price they give me...Thanks man

PS: Pasport was the next dealer on my list to call...care to share your experience in details?
Its an extremely long story, but the short of it is, I bought my car there and did not receive my tags until after my temporary plates had expired. I called repeatedly for updates and received the same, "Oh, you know the DMV, they are so slow on everything."

Called every day the week they were to expire and still the same story. The day my tags were set to expire, I called demanding to speak with the general manager. Hung up on me twice telling me he was disconnected (realize at this point I was being very reasonable, not yelling, anything....just asking where my tags were). He appologized for the confusion and said he would call me back. Never did.

Next day, I call Infiniti Customer Service and they get a hold of the place. Turns out, they needed some information from me and that was what was holding up my plates although mysteriously the plates were ready when I drove there the same day. I had to rent a car that last day because I did not want to drive around with expired tags. I told the manager this and told him I should be compensated. He laughed and told me I should have just driven with the expired tags. Nice advice considering I was working for a federal law enforcement agency downtown....

Anyway, just left a bad taste in my mouth. Never received an apology. That's all it would have taken. I never really got upset, just didn't like how they handled the situation and certainly won't return when shopping for another vehicle.

Turned out to be much longer than I anticipated, but that's what happened.

Last edited by spendgy; 09-02-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I can’t believe he told you “you should have just driven with the expired tags” that was quite a stupid thing to say even as a joke knowing what kind of trouble one can get for that.
In any case it’ll be something for me to keep in mind if I buy my car from them…for that they’ll have to get off the “6mt are like hot cakes” basura and give me a DEAL

nicknumbers - I looked at their inventory and didn't see the car i want as i'm not really digging the aero wing that comes with that package.

Thanks all for the help.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks MISTIKMACK, i sent them a quote request.
no prob! btw, it helps if u went to any dealer at the end of the month. thats what i did !

Old 09-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah i wanted too long and now i'm afraid waiting any longer might lose me whatever is available now.

BTW does anyone know is those side molding are removable w/o havin too much trouble?
I might have to settle for one that has them and was wondering on what's involved to remove them.

Thanks

EDIT:
n/m i found this.

Last edited by Beta99; 09-02-2005 at 09:00 PM.